Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 41 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 41 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 84 on Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:58 am
Latest topics
» A Message For You
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

3 posters

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by bookcrazI Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Lila:
I counted to ten before following him in, I stopped by a few tables to say hi and such but I was back at the table within a few minutes.
I slid into my seat next to Olly with a smile to everyone, a nod let them back into their conversations.
I turned my face to Olly's ever so confused one, it was cute.
I hid my smile with my hand.
"Everything alright?" I asked, my voice low.
I glanced back at my parents but they seemed to be discussing something else quite fervently, their normal whisper war had begun.
I closed my eyes for a moment to block out their polite bickering and then looked at Olly a sadder smile on my face.
It's the menu isn't it ?

Molly: I laid on the grass in my normal park, the green dress I made that first night with Fergie hugging my body. I felt normal for once.
I was clean, though a little teary eyed, and the sun was nice.
It had been a few hours since I had seen Fergie and Jeffery, my head was still a bit conflicted, the want to be strong and the disappointment within myself and whatnot.
I sighed.
At least I could sneak out once in a while, sure when I left like this she knew about it, but she gave me a bit of slack after missions.
She wasn't all that bad.
Still pretty bad though.

(No worries at all- gives me time to cook up a super long amazing response for you- like you usually do for me... Razz I'm getting better Wink

bookcrazI

Character Sheet
Name: Zem Grayson
Race: Human Kinsmen
Level: 1

http://stuff-fluffcoolcats.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Olly: "I'm feeling better now that you're back," I grinned, turning to her.
I wasn't lying. After a couple of seconds, I pulled a small face, feeling my cheeks redden ever so slightly from her thoughts. Really, was I that obvious?
I have no idea what the majority of this stuff is. Half of it is in French. I did Spanish at school... Would you mind helping me out?
If you could convey innocence via telepathy, I somehow did it, pulling my puppy dog eyes slightly. But that look quickly disappeared as I slammed my eyes shut, her parent's thoughts getting more boiled up by the second. Sure, they were calm on the outside but their minds were racing, flurries of thoughts bursting out of their brains. It was niggling in my head, a small throbbing pain forming in my temples. But as I tried to push it away, I gingerly opened my eyes again and tried on a smile.

I usually do "super long amazing" responses? Is that what they call rambling nowadays Razz And yeah, I think we both have. I went back and read the first few posts the other day and its amazing how I've changed since then.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Lila:
I smiled at him and glanced over the menu, trying to find something that he'd like. It was easy enough when you knew what it said, I could imagine his difficulty.
When I looked up again I saw him wincing.
I looked to my parents then back at him apologetically.
I grabbed his hand from under the table then kicked my father in the leg, also under the table.
It was enough for him to pause in whatever he was saying to glance at me, my mother did too.
I smiled at them, it seemed sweet to everyone at the table but they knew the warning and vicious look I held in my eyes.
It shut them up pretty well, enough that I knew I'd get a stern talking to after this was over but until then I guessed we were fine.
When the waiter comes by order the Carpaccio starter then the Coq au vin, you'll like it.
I thought to him as I started a conversation with the woman near me, I still held his hand though.

Molly:
As I laid in the grass I couldn't help but let my mind drift to Fergie.
I missed him.
I missed Robin.
I missed Johnny.
I missed my mother.
My mommy.
I whimpered.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Location : Hell... there are so many screaming children here....

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Olly: I jumped slightly as she kicked her father, something which I couldn't imagine doing myself to him. Well, he was well-built and a king for goodness sake. Then again, I was a pacifist. I was all for words over war...
Damn I sounded sad. I hoped that she didn't hear that.
But with a small thankful smile, I looked down to the menu once more, finding the two things which she suggested. I knew the first thing when she said it, just not by the way it was written. I had had it somewhere before and it wasn't bad. Just a load of meat on a plate.
Thanks for that, I grinned at her, giving her hand a little squeeze, I'll trust you. I'm more of a burger and fries kind of guy myself...
Either that or Carbonara. Yum.
But after shutting my menu casually with one hand, I sighed, looking around the room to see everyone having their little conversations. I definitely felt like the odd one out in the room. Everyone looked like they were Old Money and I hardly had a penny to my name. My job wasn't the best thing to shout about. I helped to run a morning club for kids in the mornings and taught art at a night school once a week, nothing like being a banker, a politician or a...king. I just hoped that that subject wouldn't come up at all.
But after a couple of silent moments to myself, I somehow started a conversation with a man who sat across from me, someone who I really didn't know. He had a monocle though so he must have been important.

Robin: Even though I knew that she was so far away, I also knew that she wasn't in the brightest of moods, but then again, neither was I. Molly was a strong girl though, she knew how to stay together through anything. Hell she was Lilith's apprentice. If you could withstand that then you were on your way to being a saint. I, however, I couldn't. That was why I was sitting in the middle of the bare room which used to belong to Olly, sitting in the space where his huge Star Wars rug used to sit on the green carpet. He had had that for so long that you could see the change in colour both there and in a few other places.
He had stripped it completely.
Well, bar a bin bag of old things and two boxes labelled 'Robin' and 'Angie'. I had already looked inside; they were things that he no longer wanted or had somehow made it into his room...
He was too nice like that.
I peered down to my phone, frowning at it. I half wanted to text Johnny but the other half didn't. I kind of just needed time to be alone, to think. I had grabbed a chair from the study and jammed it under the door handle so other people couldn't walk in on me moping about with the curtains shut on me, leaving me in near-darkness.
I picked up my mobile, flipping open the top with a sigh. I wrapped my arm around my legs, pulling them up to my chest a little tighter and read over my messages to Molly.
Okay, I now this sounded stupid, but every day I sent her a text, without fail. I knew that Lilith wouldn't have allowed her to keep her phone on her because that meant that she could communicate with me along with anyone else. I just hoped that someone random halfway across the country wasn't receiving those messages, but I didn't mind either way. It sort of gave me comfort, something which Johnny couldn't give me, something that only Molly could give me.
And I knew that she wasn't feeling too chirpy right then.
I opened up the latest text, reading through what I had typed. I knew that it must have cost me a fortune to send due to how long it was, but I didn't care, and my mom hadn't gotten the bill yet so she didn't know. But with a sigh, I murmured it to myself, imagining as if I was talking to her.

Hey Molly, its me. Well, just to update you from last time. Olly's getting married to that Lila girl, y'know, the one that half comes from Johnny's clan. He won that contest thing. I guess that all of the swotting up he did came in handy for once. He's there at the moment; he's moved out of our crummy little place. I expect that he's at a mansion or something dining on steak and paté and whatever posh people eat. Shame really; he missed take out. But he emptied out his room. I'm there at the moment, sitting in the middle of it. It's weird him not being here. But how are you? You holding up still? I know it sounds crazy but I can almost feel your emotions. They're weak but they've been getting stronger lately. Maybe its because you're getting magic training from Lilith. Fergie told me that you can do spells now. Lucky you. I just fix things and make things float - another thing that happened today. It happened when I exploded at Angie...again. It took us forever to get her out of her room after that but I didn't get shouted at by mom. She just calmed us both down... That's another thing. She knew about the whole engagement thing. Apparently it was something that my dad set up but she was never on board. I should maybe tell Johnny about it later, but I thought that I would tell you first. Even though we're going swimmingly (and he isn't cheating) I still have you on top...just about. But funny thing, turns out that Natalie is some granny that he looks after. Sweet, eh? I really don't deserve him. He's too perfect. But I love him all the same... Anyway, I best leave it now. I'll text you tomorrow, okay? Stay strong until I see you in a couple of days. You're coping better than me! Robin xox

That is my texting font Razz
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:12 am

(perhaps a time skip?)
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Yeah sure. When to?
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:50 pm

perhaps to the next day? or maybe we skip to next week.. we can assume that Lila will be prepared with the wedding, and Olly would be swept up in it, they'd have little time to spend time together, though he has his reading room place, Johnny would have been studying and perhaps Robin has found out much more about her family and her mother. Molly could be purposefully staying away from Fergie to study magic so she can best Lilith at her own game or even Lilith has been keeping her on a tighter leash.. How does that sound? Any ideas?
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Right, first of all I'm back (obviously)!

And yeah, I think it would be better to skip a week, let more things happen etc. Umm... Yeah, I'd go with everything you said, maybe with Molly have Lilith get a bit stricter, maybe find out that she and Fergie had been seeing each other and have her study magic more on the side to kick her ass... Maybe Johnny could get a big break through with Robin's dad or...maybe there'll be a surprise guest at the wedding Wink... And maybe something will happen with Angie too (something that I have been saving!). Ooo...

Yeah, let's go with that. Next week. We could maybe start with Fergie meeting up with Molly at a certain place and time but getting stood up by her since Lilith is keeping her in the shop 24/7; Robin and Johnny can be...studying? Or maybe it's the weekend and he suddenly comes over; Olly could be in his 'study' and Lila takes a break from planning the wedding and dress fittings and everything...

If you want, you can start it or I'll do it in the morning. I'm knackered...
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Welcome back Smile
and I'll do it- I haven't written a long thingy in a while Razz

Lila:
I dragged myself away from the fitting, an opening formed between finding lace and writing out the measurements leaving me alone with just enough time to escape. I crept down the corridors to the reading room for a moment of solace.
In the back of my mind I remembered something about Olly being in his own fittings thus this room made a perfect spot to get away from everyone.
I did want to see him, to talk to him, to try and comfort him throughout this mess of details and meetings but that want fought with the desire of solitude.
Both cravings attacked each other within my robe covered body as I sat on the little couch in the reading room.
A silk, kimono inspired robe was the only thing hiding my undergarments from the world, which made me only slightly uneasy.
At least I wasn't in public.
I grimaced, hadn't even thought about how I was going to get back, shit.
"...You know what? Screw them, they've stolen all my time, I deserve a little bit for myself." I announced defiantly to myself.
It was true, I was pulled from meeting to soiree to luncheon to fitting, each only giving me a little glance and a quick thought conversation between us.
I was beginning to think of his lips more and more.
I blushed at myself.
I really couldn't help it though, it was like being let to taste cake batter for the first time then only taunted with it as the days went by, the small promise of finally eating the cake hanging in the distance.
I wanted the cake really bad.
I could only imagine what it tasted like.

Molly:
I glanced longingly to through the window only to be smacked in the head with a dusty book by Lilith.
I hid my snarl with a wince.
As the days went by I saw fewer and fewer of the outside, my hate grew and grew.
I did know I was the one who got myself into this, I volunteered so I had no right to be so vengeful but I couldn't help the fact that the anger burned inside me. Each restriction Lilith gave me and every scolding only stocked my fire with more wood to burn.
I rubbed my eyes and turned them back to the ancient text, words slowly making their meaning known to my tired brain. I studied this stuff all day, all night, I pretty much breathed this stuff.
I didn't understand why the better I got the spells, the quicker I learned the recipes, the more Lilith tightened her grip on me.
My little outings were forbidden and my argument over cleanliness was silenced with a bathroom added into the side of the shop with magic. I was speechless at the time with awe but as I thought over it I grew speechless with rage. I could only think about my friends and family now, not watch passively from the park or send little messages from time to time.
I was beginning to feel like a real prisoner.

Johnny:
I ran a hand through my hair and tilted my head to the side in concentration. The words were forming sentences but the processing seemed a bit slow.
Robin's father was mentioned in the text.
The only strange thing was that it was mentioned in a book that was written at least eighty years ago.
It made no sense.
Unless Robin's mother was into very old men, other than that there were very few rational, non magical, explanations.
How could it be?
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:24 am

Aw, thanks Smile And no problem.

Fergie: "Where is she...?"
Maybe I had gotten the time wrong? Maybe I was in the wrong location? Maybe she meant the other park on the other side of town?
But I had the letter grasped in my hand. I had been checking it every other second to make sure that it was right... But I didn't want to move to the other park in case it was this one and she'd turn up...
Maybe Lilith was making her late?... Maybe Lilith had stopped her from meeting me this time? Maybe she didn't need her to go out?
I didn't know. I was just sitting there, on a bench, a single rose held in my hand in the middle of the park. A couple of people had passed me, looking at me, pity-filled glances as they thought I was stood up. But I knew that any moment she'd walk around the corner and would be there, her brilliant smile shining despite all of the shit that she had been through...
"I'll wait for a little longer."
But after another half an hour, my hope was beginning to falter and the weather was beginning to turn. It was way too late for her to be here. Maybe she meant tomorrow? She was never much good with time and dates... With a sigh, I stood, dropping the flower onto the bench where I had sat for the last few hours, patiently waiting for her to show her face. At least she would realise that it was me, that I was there, that she had just missed me. She'd understand...
"I love you."
And with one last murmur, I slunk my hands into my pockets and began the lonely trek back to the house.

I'll finish the rest in a sec.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:58 am

Sorry, low battery. I had to sprint down two flights of stairs to find it, only to realise that it was in my room all along Sad

Olly: I had always thought that it was the bride who was mostly in control of the whole wedding planning. She sorted out the colour schemes, the details, all whilst the man helped her along and tried not to get in the way of the Bridezilla.
Anyway, that wasn't happening for my wedding, it seemed. I thought that her parents were in control of it all. I just get told where to go and when, all whilst in between getting sent to snob-filled dinners...
I would have thought that I would be happy to win as I would finally get to see her more... I guess that I was wrong.
But at least then I had some time to myself. I had a good half an hour break, something which was the first time for since the week before when I won that race. I had a choice of either going to my room or my little study. Both were suitable to what I was planning to do there so, really, it was which ever one was closest.
"The study it is."
Walking back to my little hole in the wall, I really wanted to throw my hands into my pockets, however the trousers that I had to wear had none... I really missed my jeans...and my house...and my sleep. I also missed my own schedule and, in a weird, way my sisters. Okay, I was used to not having Mom around all of the time but, those two...
I did wonder what the hell the two of them were up to from time to time, what crazy scheme Robin had put into place, what outfit Angie had squeezed Marcus into this time... And as I opened the door to the study, I couldn't help but frown. I was getting homesick. But, as I swung it open, I could only raise a brow to who was sitting on the couch.
"Hello..." I murmured, quickly shutting the door behind me, "Aren't you cold?"

Robin: Okay, so I had been searching for something, something that would tell me why my mom would know about the whole engagement thing, all week and yet I have had nothing. Nothing about my mother. Nothing...
She never seemed to say that Lila was a princess, though, which would back up the theory that she wasn't magical, but hey, I didn't know. It was all speculation. I was just going on what I was told growing up: "Fairytales don't exist". You wouldn't imagine a caring mother to tell her child that but, she did...
So, all the time that my mum was at work, I was digging around her bedroom, trying to find something, anything that might at least point to any reasons why...but nothing. Absolutely nothing. And it was getting tiring.
Leaning against the now completely empty chest of drawers, I let out a tired sigh, peering down at my phone with a frown. I still had another three hours until she would come home, another three hours of fruitless searching...
"Eh, I could do with a break," I murmured, standing up and cracking my back into place, "Where's Angie?"
It had been too long since I heard anything from her... It was too quiet.
"Ah, she'll be busy doing something in her room," I shrugged, "She'll be fine."
And with that, I dove back into the mess once more, trying to find some sort of clue of who exactly my mother was other than the single mother that I knew very well...
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Molly:
I was shoved into the corner where my bed now rested, Lilith had it moved so she could watch me better and make sure I didn't sneak out.
I curled into a ball and shivered, she tended to let the fire go out and the stone was icy against my back. Though summer was taunting the days outside inside it felt like the dead of winter, I think Lilith preferred the cold and gloom.
I could only sit through her odd habits and try not to imagine different ways of besting her in a duel, though I doubted my skill.
I felt confident when alone, making soap appear at will but when it was compared to creating a new wing to this shack, like she had done, I felt my courage slipping.
I looked out the misty window once more, Fergie probably was angry with me. I never got a chance to tell him any of this.
My chest ached and I bit my lip, I was determined to see him again and I wouldn't ever cry near Lilith.
Not ever.
I would only smile defiantly, I would not stand down no matter how many times she scolded me or used harsh words.
I would fight.
I almost snorted at my naivete, I brushed the smarter, more adult, more cynical me away.
"I'm sorry Fergie... I love you..." I whispered to my thin blankets.

Lila:
I looked up from my book, startled to see Olly standing there, questioning. I blushed and opened my mouth to speak, awkwardness creeping in as I struggled to pull my robe over my lacy undergarments and only ending up to getting my hand caught.
"Ah.. Hi... Hello... and... no.. Not really, I mean there's a bit of a chill but it's nothing I can't survive... I'm not some delicate flower.. I mean... uh.." I stopped myself and smiled at him sheepishly.
"I just had to get away... I wasn't really left with time to put... clothes on." I said, steadier than before.
I stood and undid the knot I had just created, quickly retying the belt before I flashed him, well fully flashed him.
I grimaced.
"So.. I thought you were.. at a fitting..Not here... able to listen to my thoughts.." I added, I could only pray he was too far away to hear what I had been think-
I built my little mind wall up before continuing my thoughts.
He probably knew something was up with my thoughts right about now, or I had been thinking about something I didn't want him to know, which I had.
Another sheepish smile and I was well on my way to looking ever so guilty, though, in hindsight, I had committed no crime.

Johnny:
I went through the old newspapers again, comparing them to a family photo Robin had lent me, and swore.
The whole situation had my head up in knots.
What was going on?
What would happen next?
Would some miraculous man appear and inform me that Robin was betrothed to him?
Would her father suddenly appear only to steal her away?
I sat back with a grimace and ran a hand through my hair.
Shit.
I had to get my mind straight and I had to eliminate my feelings, for they were clouding up everything I found. I had to be analytic about this, not emotional.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:50 am

Fergie: You know in films when a guy gets stood up on a date or has just broken up with the love of his life, when he walks back home it begins to rain? I didn't know how but that was happening to me right then...
Sure, the weatherman had said that it would rain all week but still...
It was harsh.
That was harsh...
"I bet it was Lilith..."
And I had been meaning to speak with her for the passed few weeks but never found the time to. Also the fact that she was keeping the love of my life as a prisoner made it a bit more difficult.
"But I guess that now is better than ever."
Darting across the road and down that sand-lined lane, I sighed. That small part of town was derelict, with all of the shops boarded up, the walls weathered and the signs broken. But then, after the corner you reached the nicer part, the magical part. And there, in the middle of it, in all of its glory stood it: Ye Olde Shoppe o' Curiosities. As I approached, beyond the glass I could see Lilith hurrying and panicking behind it, quickly throwing a spell to the corner of the shoppe, one that, by just looking at the colour of it and reading her lips, was one to turn something invisible... And as I was about to open the door, she grabbed onto the handle, jamming it from opening.
"The shoppe is closed! Come back in business hours!"
I fought the temptation to roll my eyes, "You're open 24/7. Anyway, I need to talk to you, not anyone else..."
"Why?" she snapped, snarling at my words.
"About business..."
And that seemed to be enough to make her budge. With a small grunt, she walked back, shuffling to the little back room behind the counter whilst I followed behind her, pinching my nose to protect my delicate senses from the foul stench that either the shoppe or she gave off...
But before I walked through, I peered round, frowning. I knew that she was there, somewhere.
"I just want to let you know, I understand."
And with that I walked through.

Olly: I couldn't help but smile at her. She felt awkward because she had almost next to nothing on? I didn't mind. It gave me a tease to what I would hope to see after the wedding...
"Relax, I'm too tired to listen to everyone's thoughts. Your mother's blare through the whole house, trying to organise the wedding and everything," I sighed, "And I was, put the messenger picked up the wrong shade of red silk so they let me go seeing as I can't do anything until that arrives so I was going to have a nap in here... But what about you? I thought that you had to be somewhere?"
I wasn't lying about her mother's thoughts. They were screaming at me, panicked and muddled and...loud. It was horrible. On top of that I had everyone else's to deal with and, to be honest, I was fed up of it. I wanted to go home and eat a burger, something that didn't have a French name. I didn't like half of the menu there, anyway. It was too...posh. I liked simple things.
"Is that seat taken?" I asked, signalling to the space next to where she was sat.

Robin: After another short while of searching, whilst rummaging through the same draw for the tenth time that week, I cussed under my breath and peered up to the clock. She'd be home in an hour and I still needed to eat...
"I guess this is where I give up for today."
So, after sorting everything back into their places, I strode out of the room again, carefully shutting the door behind me. Though I had been messing up all of her stuff all week and though she was a detective, she hadn't found out about me "researching" to which I was surprised about. Usually she would have realised that I was up to something and interrogate me like a criminal. I guess that it was fortunate that she was too tired and busy to really care when she finally flopped herself on the sofa after her long day.
"Angie! Where are you?"
No reply.
But that was what I was expecting from her.
"I'm starting dinner! We're having fish!" I sang, "Cats love fish."
Still, nothing.
And that was not what I wanted to hear. That meant that something was wrong.
She was probably in her room...
Nope.
She wasn't in the bathroom either.
Or my room.
Or Olly's.
"Angie?!" I yelled, running down the stairs, "Angela?"
Not in the lounge.
Not in the kitchen.
Not in the garden.
"Holy shit, I've lost her."
And I had very little time before Mom came home...
"Okay, just stay calm, you know what happens when your emotions go haywire..." I breathed, "but still you've lost your little sister."
And despite the fact that I was tired as hell and extremely hungry with an irritable-when-hungry hungry mother coming home, I began to ransack the house.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Molly:
I struggled against my bounds, she had spelled me twice and, suffice to say, I was not a happy camper. The first spell she had cast had caught me in a net, a net of shadows which made is nearly impossible to get out, nearly.
I would have successfully gotten free much sooner if she hadn't blanketed me with an invisibility spell that made it hard to breathe.
I finally managed to break the first spell when Fergie walked in.
My heart stopped.
My jaw dropped.
My eyes watered.
I called out his name but I knew it was useless Lilith had made another blanket spell to silence me.
So many blankets.
I guess I'll just have to use a knife.
She wanted me to be a good little witch, well here I was.
I was going to use what she taught me, she'd have no right to punish me, I could answer with an earnest 'I thought this was just another test.'
I took a breath and began to work at the next spell, my rage fueling my speed to break through. The fact that Lilith was distracted helped, also the fact that she had taught me a spell quite recently that was good for getting yourself free of things.
I paused in my struggles though.
Sure, I was a bit preoccupied with escaping but it didn't mean I couldn't listen to them as well, a little handy hint I had picked up.
My jaw dropped for the second time that day.
He said he understood.
Understood what?
He also mentioned a business deal?
What the hell was the idiot thinking?

Lila:
Blinked and looked to the empty space next to her and then back at him, her brain blanking on what he meant.
Finally it connected and she looked at him with a blush, "Yes, of course.. Sorry.."
She scooted to the side, after sitting again, and curled her legs to her side with a little shiver.
Now that he mentioned it she was a bit chilly, she smiled at him and tried to put all her perusing away in that dark little corner in her mind.
"Well.. I should be at my dress fitting but... Screw them all, they've had me every day and I'm tired. I will be a selfish brat and spend my time the way I want to." She ended with a little turn up of her nose and quick exhale.
"If you want to sleep then go ahead, I'll try to think quietly.

Johnny:
I picked up my cell and stared at it for a while, but abandoned it in favor of making some tomato soup for Natalie.
(a bit unsure what to write/add... Sorry that me inspiration is broken with exhaustion...)

bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:47 am

Ah, no worries. We all get like that from time to time.

Fergie: Shutting the door behind me, I let out a sigh, watching as the old woman took a seat at her desk. She picked up some papers from the side and, with a wave of her hand, lowered her reading glasses onto her crooked nose.
"Now, what business do you want to talk about?"
"Is this room sound proof?" I asked, "I don't want anyone...listening."
"This room? No, however spells are, dearie."
I could only assume that she had put a charm up quickly, making it so Molly couldn't hear me. This was definitely something that I didn't want her knowing.
"The deal that we made," I simply stated, "I need to fix it."
"What do you mean?"
I couldn't help but let out a frustrated sigh and leant against her desk towards her, "The deal. You remember it? You made me pretty and I'd get you an apprentice. Molly isn't who it was meant to be. It was meant to be Robin."
"Robin?" she spluttered, "The head-strong one? No, I'd rather feed myself to the dragons."
And as she continued to laugh, I had to chew my lip to stop myself from reaching across the table and slapping her. That wouldn't have been a wise move...
"Anyway, your Molly girl offered to do it to save her friend. Her heart is pure. She can truly learn magic. Her friend...there's something already there. Dark magic. Her heart is tainted," she muttered, "You might not believe it but I only deal in good magic, light magic. I never dabble in the foul arts. I couldn't take her even if you paid me. But when she knocked on the door, instead of her soul absorbing it as it did with Molly, her Dark magic reacted with it, like a defence mechanism. Knocking on the door unleashed her Dark magic then."
Robin had dark magic? Really? I never would have thought it. In the land of fairy tales she was evil. Ha.
"And anyway, even with that, as I said, Molly came to me. You haven't held up your end of the bargain."
Then, I couldn't help but scoff. That was why it didn't work...
"Who do you think planted the idea in her head? I originally sent it to Robin however...it must have been the Dark magic. It refracted it, then her body went into shut down... It must have refracted off of her and went into Molly."
"Hmm... I guess then it was your fault. Oh well, you held up your end of the bargain. I guess that I don't have to turn you back to your ugly self once again."
I breathed a sigh of relief. At least that was something.
"So, that ends that then," she shrugged, "Is that it? If so, you know where the door is."
With a snort, I left it there and then. I couldn't be bothered to fight a battle that I was obvious going to lose. Anyway, she was much more powerful than me any day. But just before I walked out of the shop, I turned to the corner where the new bed and a pile of books were.
"I'm sorry Molly. This is my fault now you have to pay the price."
And with that, I left.

Olly: Taking the seat next to her, I shrugged, "It's fine. I'll just sit here and have a rest... Here."
Slipping off the jacket that I was wearing, I draped it over her shoulder. I couldn't have sat there and watched her shivering. That was just mean. Anyway, I was fine.
"And rebelling? Fair enough. If you're half as tired as I am then you deserve it..." I murmured, leaning back to stare at the ceiling, "and you can continue reading. Pretend that I'm not here."
And that would have been good for me: silence. I would have paid anything to have some right there and then. Time to just have my thoughts and mine alone rattling through my mind with no-one else's drifting though and intruding. It was like a constant chatter through my whole head, and even if some of the voices were too distant, they still managed to be like a little buzz... It might have been easier to have a frontal lobotomy.

Robin: "Okay... She's officially gone..."
I was panting by the time that I had turned the house upside down...and with ten minutes before Mom got home tired from work. I was most definitely screwed.
"She's probably just hiding... Yeah, that's it. Or maybe she went to a friend's house without telling me about it as I told her not to disturb me... That's likely. She knows when Mom comes home. She's probably putting it off to the last minute... If Olly was here he'd know what to do!"
Angrily snatching the phone up from off of the side, I ran through my options. I could have waited, see if she turned up before Mom came back, but if she didn't call the police then that would only get her up in a fuss...
"I may as well wait..."
And so, as her car pulled up on the drive and I had heard nothing from Angie, I let out a deep breath, readying myself for whatever hell I was going to receive for not looking after my little sister properly.With the sound of clacking keys, I walked up to the door and sighed.
"Hi Robin, how was your day?" she tiredly sighed, trying to put on a smile, "I hope you've done your...homework..."
She suddenly blanked, looking to the space behind me. Well, the tip. I probably could have used some magic or something to make it all tidy again but...the thought didn't cross my mind.
"I'm sorry it's messy, but I have an excuse. I couldn't find--"
"And Angie? Why are you covered in mud?"
Huh?
Turning around, I half smiled and half snarled to see my little sister standing there, head to toe covered in dirt, dust and scratches and panting like a dog from fatigue. That was a load off of my mind.
"And Robin, don't call your sister an "it"' It's not nice, is it, It?"
With a weak chuckle, she shook her head and I joined in, only because I was relieved that she had made her way back just in time. But, as well as that, and I didn't know how it happened, but the house was spotless.
"And what do you mean that you couldn't find her?"
"Oh," I stammered, "We were playing hide and seek. I gave up and assumed that she was inside watching TV. I was searching for, like, half an hour..."
"I was in the bushes, Robbie," she sighed, rolling her eyes, "Anyway, I'm hungry."
"You haven't had dinner yet? Robin!"
"Sorry!" I yelped, "I was busy..."
And with that, everything resumed to normal: I was in trouble, Angie was denying everything and Mom had fallen asleep on the couch once again. So I went to the kitchen and made us some food, well, after dropping Johnny a text asking him how he was, that is.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Molly:
I sat back, my mind blown.
Then utter rage broke in, I was way over sadness and tears, I broke the last spell with a snap, my emotions amplifying my magic. I stood and stormed forward, passing Lilith, from the look on her face and the smell in the air I had a vague idea that I was on fire.
Good.
That Bastard.
I kicked the door open and took a step out, rage clutching my heart and squeezing it. I was shaking.
"FERGIE!" I shouted, a snarl in the back of my throat.
I saw him freeze, I didn't bother to wait for him to turn before I release such a long string of curses, the word kind not the magic kind, that I was out of breath by the end of it.
"You liar. How... How could I ever trust you?" I finished, my voice began to break, tears steaming off my face.
The fire flickered around me and went out, the tears extinguishing it.
"Why would you.... Did you ever love me? Or was it all just a trick and a lie? Did you just want to jump me? I.. I thought... I thought you loved me..." She sobbed, falling to her knees.
The information pushed on her chest and pulled at her head, it felt like it was killing her. Was everything a lie? What about Robin? Was she safe? What could possibly taint her? Was it her father's fault? But... Fergie.. did he... ever care? It seemed like it.
"Go. Get away from here, don't ever come back... don't ever show me your ugly face again or.. Or I'll hurt you.. " I whispered, spitting each word out.
"How could I ever love you? No one could." I said, hoping that each word stabbed him like the truth had stabbed me.
How could I have been such a blind fool?
I hugged myself as I got up, my weak sobs choked back, I slowly backed into the store but my legs were weak and I only ended up falling back to the ground. I grabbed at the weeds between the cracked pavement and bent my neck so my head rested on my hands.
How could I have love such a fake?

Lila:
I bit my lip, there was no way he could have been comfortable like that. I set my book aside and slowly brought my hands to the sides of his face, gently cupping it. I pulled him so his head rested in my lap then picked my book up and brought it close to my face so he couldn't see my blush.
"I hope that's better." I murmured through the novel.
I focused my mind on the black and ivory of the book's page, trying to think of anything but his head resting on my bare thighs.
I hoped that he didn't mind, I hoped that was okay for me to do.

Johnny:
I checked my phone and grimaced, it was Robin.
Normally I'd grin, or get excited, but now I could only panic. How could I explain my findings to her? How could I tell her?
Nm.......idk...uh... could...i...you come over?
<3
Johnny

He sent it, a hand running through his hair again, he looked to Natalie and her little, almost childish, grin on her face as she got the jeopardy question right.
He smiled at her as she turned to look at him with a curious look on her face, he took a sip of water.
"Hey... Johnny... You know I know that you're an elf right?" She murmured casually, as if asking about the weather.
He choked for a moment and spat the water into the sink and glanced at her with wide eyes as he gasped for air.
"No... What?" He choked.
"Oh, I guess not... Well I do, I guess that means you don't know I'm a witch... Well now you do." She said cheerily, she turned back to her television as he stared.
What. The. Hell?
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:03 am

Fergie: Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.
I couldn't say anything. I couldn't move. The only thing that I could do was watch as she screamed at me, the wind whipping around her, causing the fire to spiral up around her, encasing her in a fiery tornado. Every word that she threw at me stung more than the last, stabbing me right in the heart. I couldn't have said that I didn't deserve it, though. It was my fault. Everything. I set everything up all because I wanted to be pretty and I could have got Robin out of the way at the same time. It was a win-win situation for me.
I just wished that it didn't bloody backfire.
And as she lied there sobbing, I continued to stand there, watching as she poured her heart into the street. It was safe to say that I was pretty much ready to crack, too. She spoke the truth, well, partially.
"Of course I love you. I always have and always will. And no, I didn't just want to "jump" you. I love you, you know I do so don't deny it. But... Yeah, I'm a dick, I'm a liar, I'm everything that you called me. I'm just sorry that it had to end this way."
And as I swallowed my tears, I gave out a deep breath. I thought that Lilith had said that it was soundproof... Unless she wanted me to go away.
The bitch.
But I deserved it, and Molly deserved the truth. It was just a shame that it had to be like that.
So, I turned away from her, ready to leave her lying there. Hey, if I went over to her she'd probably burn my to a crisp. I didn't want that. Hell, she didn't. No-one did... Maybe Lilith did.
"Oh," I remembered, halting my first step in a long journey home, "and I'm a Lost Boy. Of course no-one loves me. I'm an orphan. I'm adopted. I was just lucky that it was by a wealthy couple... Bye Molly."
And with that, I walked away from that little shoppe for what I would have hoped to have been my last time.

Olly: As she lowered my head to her lap, pretty confused at that point. But as I felt her blush, I couldn't help but smirk, looking up at her.
"Is that alright with you... And yeah, thanks," I murmured, feeling a tiddly bit awkward.
It would have been fine in normal circumstances but...she was sitting there in her lingerie and a silky dressing gown thing, nothing substantial. The little voice in the back of my mind couldn't believe it, that I was in the position that I was in: my head resting on a gorgeous girl's lap as though it was nothing.
But hey, that gorgeous girl was soon to be my wife.
...I just hoped that I didn't drool.

Robin: When my phone buzzed, I couldn't hold back a grin, which was a problem as I was meant to have been eating my dinner politely at the dinner table at that point, not sending a text the boyfriend.
"I do worry when you smile down there..."
"Huh?" I questioned, looking up, "You worry about me all of the time, Mom."
I wasn't lying. She always knew that I was a...unique individual. Hell, all of three of us were... I guess that we could have blamed it on the fact that we could be partially magical.
"Anyway, I must leave you," I sighed, picking up my empty plate, "I'm heading to Johnny's."
"On a school night? Robin..." she lowly growled.
"Yes, on a school night," I muttered, "I won't be all night. Jeese..."
And with a roll of her eyes, I quickly threw the plate into the dishwater, changed into something a little more flattering than my sports shorts and oversized Buzz Lightyear shirt. Within about five minutes I was getting on Rusty.
Alright, I'm just coming. I'll see you in a bit <3 xox
After a quick journey across town, I was soon tapping on his front door and straightening out my dress. I could only have guessed that he wanted me to come over because he had news, news about my father. The more that I thought about it the more worried I became about it all. What about if he wasn't who I expected him to be? What if he didn't want to know about me, about us?...
Letting out a deep breath to calm my nerves, I put a grin back on. It was going to be alright... Anyway, my mood was noticibly better than Molly. I could tell that she had gone through almost every single emotion possible for a person: happiness, rage, sadness... Silently, I prayed that she was alright. She was a strong girl. I'm sure she would be fine...hopefully.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Molly:
I looked at him with tortured eyes, despair setting in.
He was one of the reasons I could survive this place, with him gone I... I shook my head, magic amplifies your emotions, I lectured myself, you must control them. I pushed myself up, gritting my teeth as my legs threatened to give out from under me again.
"You know what?... I quit. I am not staying in a place where I have no reason to be, I am no one's slave, no one's fool.....and..... You will come back here now." I said, my voice quiet.
My hands were clenched into tight fists as I tried to slow my labored breathing down, I couldn't have another outburst. I wanted to, the rage had come back and I was imagining how happy the golem bears would be if I left him with them but I wouldn't let myself continue that thought.
I couldn't let the bastard leave, there was still a part of me, no matter how small or surrounded by the pain of betrayal, that still ached for him. I couldn't look at him in the face.
"Give me your cell phone. Now." I demanded, my voice still quiet.
I glanced back to the shop at a confused Lilith, I barked a humorless laugh.
She wasn't my master anymore.
I brought my arms up and wrapped them around me, I could finally be free.
I was freeing myself out of my own will.
No one was going to take it from me.
I only felt empty though, sure a bit of anticipation and excitement that I'd finally get to see my mom again but nothing else. Whenever I had thought about leaving it was always with Fergie at my side and Robin laughing next to us with Johnny grinning. I'd always end up in Fergie's arms and crying.
This couldn't be any different.
I brought my hand up to him, the other still hugging myself, and gestured for him to hand the cellphone to me.
I was shaking from exhaustion, the sparratic jumps to different emotions and back left me tired.

Lila:
I read my book intensely, I didn't need him finding those dark little secrets I held so I blasted my mind with a bit of Alice in Wonderland. I was actually enjoying the book after zoning into my mind and reading more intently, I didn't notice how my other hand drifted down and rested on Olly's head.
I didn't even realize this until I needed a drink of water and lifted my hand to reach the glass.
I took a sip and then rested it back only to finally notice that it was Olly's hair that was so soft.
"O..Oh..." I stuttered blushing bright red.
And there went a flash of all our previous kisses in my head.
Shit.

(finish the rest later)

bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Fergie: Ignoring the frown on Lilith's lips, I scrambled to snatch my phone out of my pocket, peering down at it. Walking towards her, I was pretty confused as to what was going on. Was Molly going to leave just like that?
"Here," I murmured, doing as I was told and unlocking the screen, "and thanks."
But just as I placed my pride and joy into her hand, I couldn't believe what happened. My cell, my pride and joy...disintegrated into dust between my fingers.
"And what do you think you're doing?" the old woman questioned, "Phones are forbidden."
My mouth hung open as the ash slipped from my grasp and sank to the floor, mixing up with the rest of the sand on the floor. She didn't just...? My phone? I had things on that!
"And in case you haven't realised, dear, you can't quit. We made a deal. You can't break deals, especially those bound with a magic contract."
The old hag scowled, lowering her gaze on her apprentice and gripped the top of her walking stick a little tighter. And after a couple of moments of mourning for my precious cell, I let out a sharp breath. The air was thickening from a mix of both tension and magic, the mood dropping considerably so. As Lilith's face continued to grow darker, the clouds overhead gathered, covering the city skyline with a thick blanket.

Olly: "Huh?"
I jolted up as she pulled her hand away from my head, halting her pretty soothing touch through my hair. I must have drifted off, I was that tired. If I had to stay in that fitting for any longer I would have fallen asleep standing there...
"Yeah, in a household full of girls, rather than buying a separate one for me, it's usually easier to use their shampoo...and conditioner," I chuckled awkwardly, "Anyway, don't let me interrupt you."
Slipping from off her bare thighs, I rose to my feet, stretching out my back to free it from all of the knots that had formed. She was surprisingly comfortable to lay on, actually. It was like a feather-down pillow...but warmer...and sexier.
Pushing the thought out of my head, I came across the images of our kiss that Lila was trying her hardest to rid of herself. To that, I hid a smirk and picked up the book on my desk, the one that had been turned down to mark the page that I was on. I probably had another ten minutes before I would roll up in there and I needed to wake up a bit before then. Reading did the job most of the time. So, taking my seat next her again, I found where I had last gotten to and continued reading about the differences between the many tribes of elves. Fun times.

I'll reply to these anyway Razz
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Molly:
My face contorted itself from shock to anger.
That was not a good move.
If I wasn't emotionally strung tight before, I was ripped now.
How dare she ruin my chance to get a ride home, how dare she ruin the man who broke my heart's cellphone, if someone was going to break it, it was going to be me. I turned to her, the flame back on and burning, and out of spite, I pushed the clouds away bringing the sun back.
"Magic 101, clearing things is easier than creating them. You taught me that. Another thing, I didn't see anything on that little old contract of yours that held me prisoner, that was part of your conditions for not taking Robin back. With new information given I know that's not a problem and I don't really feel like living in your filth anymore." I snarled.
She thought Robin was dark?
She hadn't seen anything yet, sunshine was only nice until you got a sunburn.
I smiled at her sweetly, my eyes shining venomously.
I grabbed Fergie by the shirt and pulled him near me, too angry to be disgusted by him.
"I hope you don't mind but I'm using you as my back up power... it won't feel nice but I'm not in a real nice mood." I said to him blankly.
If Lilith wanted a fight I would give her a fight, sure it would probably end with me badly injured but I wouldn't regret it, not in the least, plus I actually need Fergie, his natural energy was strong and a simple spell could give his energy to me.
A painful leech spell?
Yes.
Did I care?
No.
The clear sky battled with the clouds but Lilith looked like it was troubling her more, like I said, destruction was so much easier than creation.

Lila:
I bit my lip, smiling a bit at his response.
It was strange how he could calm me so easily, he was remarkably good at setting moods though sometimes they weren't the moods I was hoping for. I pursed my lips and tried to get back into my book but his presence was hard to ignore, no matter how many times he said for me to forget he was there it was pretty impossible to try.
My cheeks were warm with a blush, what had I been thinking?
Stroking his hair?
It was sure soft and nice to touch though, almost soothing for me as it was for him, I supposed, it could have been extremely awkward for him. I grimaced.
I was such a wuss.
I had to woman up and grow a pair.... of boobs.
I smacked myself internally, that was probably the stupidest thing I had ever thought.
I bit my lip.
Shit.
Mind was set.
I placed my book mark in my book and set it aside, I glanced to Olly.
I really hoped my little mind castle was hiding my thoughts or he would expect this.
I pushed his book down and looked into his eyes, albeit shyly, then kissed him.

(Sorry I had to go out and didn't have time to add a Johnny Response Sad)

Johnny:
I opened the door and offered Robin a weak smile before letting her in.
My hair was mussed like it usually was when I was nervous, I had tried my best to fix it but it only ended up looking worse. How was I supposed to tell her what I knew?
Should I go straight out and say it?
Should I break it to her softly?
Casually?
Formally?
Well, I grimaced, it was a little late for formally and there was no way I was just going to slip out and reappear in a tux. I ran a hand through my hair again.
"Hey... I have... uh.. something to talk to you about..."
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:42 am

Fergie: I had to blink a few times to register what she had said. She was using me as back up power?... I guess that it was the only way in which I could help right then.
"Okay," I nodded, slipping out from what I thought that was going to be a battlefield, "I'll be...here if you need me."
Well, I didn't want to get hurt, did I? I needed to supply energy to her if she needed it... When she needed it. Hey, I love her and everything but Lilith had been practicing magic for a bloody long time. This was it was definitely to her advantage... But Molly didn't look defenceless at the moment, either.
Letting out a chuckle, the old woman tried to cover her forming nerves. Her thinning brow rose as she watched the flames form around her apprentice. 
"Looks like I've been teaching you well, dear," she tittered, "However... Do you really think that you can beat me? You've only been studying magic for a few months now. I've been studying it for year! Pah!"
As she let out a small chuckle, I could help but sigh. I knew what she was doing.
"Molls," I murmured, "She's just trying to work you up. If you're angry you'll become careless and easy to beat. If you stay calm, however..."
I let her fill in the gap. She was a clever girl.
But on hearing my murmurs, the old woman frowned, "Shut up, you!"
But she didn't flick a spell at me to silence my words, to which I was surprised... I bet that she was saving her energy for a possible fight.
Was she doubting her ability.
"And Molly, dear, I know what's on the contract however how do you think that your mother will react to your return? With open arms? No, because she doesn't remember you and she never will. The reason that you're here is not to be a "prisoner" as you so crudely put it. Do you really think that I could teach you what I have in your own home, with you popping down after school? No, because you wouldn't be in the position that you are in now. You wouldn't be as powerful as you are now. Magic isn't just a hobby, it's a way of life. I did what I had to to fulfil the deal, as simple as that. If that means that you have to sacrifice your old life... Well, you know what you were putting yourself into. I told you everything that you needed to know, you shook my hand," Lilith grinned, "That's your fault. Now, if you think that you can simply walk away... You're sadly mistaken."
And with that, the clouds stormed overhead, the sound of thunder rattling down above us and lightening streaked across the sky. Already, in her hand, the old woman had formed an orb of water, hovering it above her palm. 
"The choice is your's. You come inside and we'll continue your studies and your boyfriend will leave. If you turn around, well..." the woman sighed, rolling her head, "We have two options. Either you fight for your realise. If you beat me now then I'll give you the shop and everything in it...or do me one last favour and I give you your freedom, maybe even give your mother her memory back. I'm a fair woman."
I glanced over to Molly to gauge her reaction. To be honest, I wasn't expecting an extra option...but then again that woman loved her deals.

Olly: As she pressed her lips against mine, I immediately returned the favour. On the floor, I dropped my book to raise my hands to hold the back of her neck, testing to see how she would react.
I wasn't necessarily expecting that. Sure, I knew that she was reminiscing about our past encounters but... She must have learnt how to control her thoughts, or at least make it so they didn't wander into my mind, a firewall for the brain, if you will.
But as I gently pulled away, I peered into the depths of her eyes, holding us there, inches apart...then out of the corner of my eye I saw the clock.
Shit.
"Aw, cra-- Crud. I've gotta go. I was meant to be up there five minutes ago and, well... Elven tribes are interesting," I sighed, letting out a weak chuckle, "I'm sorry. I-I'll see you later?"
Usually I would have been reasonably laid back about turning up late to appointments. When I was at school I wasn't necessarily the most punctual person...or the most focused...or attentive.
I rushed to my feet, folding over the corner of the page that I was on and sat it on the arm of the couch. Offering her a weak smile, I rose her chin up to kiss her once again. Needless to say, I didn't want to leave. I would have quite happily sat there and tasted her lips all afternoon but I didn't want anyone not approving of me here, especially before the wedding. She said so herself that impressions here were important; you had to come off well. If I was any more late... Ah, I didn't want to mull on that thought.
"Sorry," I murmured again, "and with the jacket, keep it for now. You can leave it in here."
And with a small nod and a smaller smile, I exited the room and did a weird quick walk up the stairs to the fitting. And when I saw that the little messenger wasn't make yet, I couldn't help but thank the deity...
But that also meant that I didn't need to rush.
Ah, balls.

Robin: Okay, from the second that I saw him I started to grow worried. His hair was only that messy when he had been playing with it too much, something that he did when he was either worried or in deep thought. It was pretty cute, actually... But anyway.
"Al-alright," I nodded, nerves already circulating my body.
He needed to talk? Then he must have had news, but not good news, no. He looked positively negative, grimacing and all of that. I hadn't noticed that my fingers started fiddling with each other, something that I generally did when I was nervous. That added to my slowly heaving breathing and my fidgeting feet... Well, I must have looked like an idiot.
"What's up?... Actually, can I come in first?"
There was no way that I was having anything said outside. There were some guys who stared at me as I pulled up on Rusty, and they weren't the kind of stares that I usually got when I turned up on that broken down pile of cogs. I legged it up those stairs faster than anything. But they could have followed...maybe.
But with a shake of my head, I banished the thought and slipped past him into his apartment. I needed to sit down before my legs gave way.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Molly:
I squinted my eyes at her; another favor?
It was unusual for her to be so... accommodating, I glanced to Fergie, he was kind of stating the obvious.
I knew all the risks and I knew all of Lilith's habits and mannerisms and tendencies.
I didn't live with her for this long without learning a bit about her. I pursed my lips and , with a few deep yoga breaths, I calmed myself down a bit, extinguishing the fire.
"What type of favor? " I asked, I kept my face hidden in a plain mask.
I couldn't let her know that her stabs at me hurt, did my mother really not remember me?
Wouldn't she know me?
A spell can always be broken, that was the number one rule for casters. Something can always change and alter the effects, take Fergie's spell for example, though I only really learned about it a few minutes ago I already had a few ideas about which one it could be. I didn't know if it was fully reversible though and if it was, how much would it take away, not only the looks but the memory too, perhaps. A physical spell isn't always physical.
I grimaced.
I had to stop thinking about him.
Maybe I overreacte- no.
He tried to trade my best friend in to be pretty, he was selfish and arrogant and utterly vile, even if he was sweet to me.
I shook my head again.
I had to focus on the task at hand, dealing with Lilith.
I could deal with Fergie later.

Lila:
I sat back on my heels, a bit stunned and disappointing to be frank.
It was one of those perfect kisses and even though I was being a wuss about it, it was a shame for it to have ended so soon.
I almost slapped myself.
I was being a little brat.
He had things to do and I had only made things worse for him ever since I sat down on his couch. I got him into this mess, and now I was forcing him to marry me, well I don't think forcing is the right word, considering the way he kissed me..
I sighed.
I should be in my fitting anyway.
One of us had to be responsible.
And yet, I couldn't forget the taste of his lips.
I was such a hopeless, shy, little princess.
I got up and made it to the door, counting for a few moments before leaving and heading to my fitting.
I hugged his jacket to my chest though, that I would take with me.

Johnny:
I closed the door behind me and turned to her, I don't think I said it right.
Should I have been gentler?
I hadn't even told her the news yet though.
Damn.
"Okay. I'm just going to spit it out. Your father seems to be at least ... one hundred and fifty years old and appears to be a man of thirty or forty. He's mentioned in many different texts, many of them quite old and of.. the darker variety. I don't know what to make of it... I know it's him from the photo's you've given me as well as his name is stated many times.... That's about it." I said, a deep breath at the end.
I looked up at her, scanning her face for a hint of something, anything, that would clue me onto what she was thinking.
Maybe I should have taken her out to dinner first.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:33 am

Fergie: I let out a sigh of relief when Molly put the flames out. Maybe there wouldn't be a battle, or so I hoped. Accordingly, Lilith threw the orb of water over her shoulder, getting rid of it so that they could properly talk about business and, by the look in the old hag's eye, this wasn't going to be a simple favour. Slowly, the woman started to edge closer, feeling the curiosity coming off of her apprentice, the corner of her lips twitching ever so slightly to her interest.
"In a week or two, a royal wedding will be taking place between an elven princess and her fiancé. At this event, during the ceremony which is to take place outside due to the elves natural connections, there is someone who I would like you to track down, a man of whom I have unfinished business with. Unfortunately he left town about twelve years ago due to "problems" back home and I haven't had the time to go visit him myself. I predict that he will return for this event. He wouldn't miss his son's wedding. He's a soft man at heart..." she trailed off, tittering to herself to the inside joke, "If you manage to give him something for me then I will let you free. As well as that, I will happily undo all of the spells that I have had to perform in order to make your apprenticeship possible...including the one holding your mother's memory. Oh, I should say now that if you try to break the spell, it isn't any of the ones that I have taught you. It's an Extraction spell. Somewhere I hold all of the memories that your mother has of you. It's not a simple Mind Block spell..."
Just looking at her I could see that she was trying not to break into a smile. I could see the cogs in her mind whirling, her glassy stare pinned onto her rebelling apprentice.
"Until the date I will allow you to do as you want. You may stay in the shoppe for a place to sleep but go out with Fergie on long walks, if you so wish. Or you could stay with him, I really don't mind. However, until the date that I give you, I will not lift the spells, just so that I have something on you... And if you so dare as to not fulfil it and run away... Well, let's just say the type of agreement that we'll shake on will...solidify the fact that you won't cheat me. You've heard of the Warlock's Agreement, haven't you?"
The Warlock's Agreement... That was taboo, something that you didn't do. It wasn't Dark magic but it certainly wasn't something that the Blue Fairy would do. It was unbreakable. Once you shook on it you couldn't take it back. I had heard tales of people being tricked into shaking their hands on a Warlock's Agreement, that old wizards used to roam the streets and trick innocent passer's by into becoming, pretty much, their slaves. It was an old story that everyone heard as a child, warning to always be careful...
"It's simple. You sneak into the ceremony, find this man, give him something and sneak out again. I will even give you a picture and an Identity spell so that you can confirm that it's him... That way I can also check that you've held up your end of the bargain. All you have to do is shake my hand and we can avoid any fighting..."
And so, after raising her bony hand from off of the top of her walking cane, she put it out, ready for her to shake. I couldn't help but swallow down my nerves. Something was up with this, I knew it but... If she shook her hand then she'd be able to stay with me the next few weeks. My apartment was near enough ready to move into...
But I'd let that be up to her.

Robin: I let out a breath. I knew it. I knew that he had something... And for that, I thought that he deserved a hug at least right there and then. So, as I draped my arms around his neck and planted a small kiss on his cheek, trying to let the news soak in.
And at that point, I didn't know how I felt. Happy that there was evidence, annoyed that I couldn't find that out myself, grateful that I had such an amazing boyfriend who wasn't cheating on me with the grandma from down the road. But I did feel numb. Numb in a way where my mind grew blank and I couldn't really formulate a proper reaction except from hugging him.
I still couldn't believe that he had did it, that he had found evidence of my dad, something that I had tried to do for so long... Well, it was probably because back then I never had any of the resources that he had nor the ability to hack computers which he accidentally let slip...
After a couple of moments, I finished the hug, but still left my body against his, leaving my hands linked around the back of his neck. I offered him a weak smile, over the moon that he had done something like that for. If I still had the energy I would have leapt on him but I found out that receiving news about your father can be emotionally tiring. I still couldn't believe it, though, that he went through all of that trouble to do something like that, all of the texts and books and research. I doubted that anyone else would have done that for me. They probably would have thought that a girl with unresolved daddy problems were more desperate and so easier and not try to fix them.
But then again, he loved me, didn't he?
"C-could I see...maybe?" I murmured tentatively, looking up to his eyes, "If that isn't a problem..."
I needed to. At that point the fact that he was one and a half centuries old but still looks the same age as my mom hadn't really sunk in, nor the fact that he was mentioned in the "dark" texts. I hadn't really noticed, either, that maybe Johnny's worrying was because of the fact that he was found in those sort of places. I didn't really think that, because of that fact, that maybe my dad wasn't going to be the man which I had imagined, hoped him to have been, not the knight in shining armour nor the friendly old wizard... Sure, he left us when Angie was literally a day old but still... A girl could hope. All I could focus on was the fact that he thought that he had found him.
My dad.

That is the second time that I had to write that. My netbook accidentally did something and deleted it all... This is probably a little more half-hearted compared to the first time that I wrote it...
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:00 pm

(You have no idea how many times that has happened to me.. I understand how you feel.)
Molly:
I furrowed my brow and thought through it, it seemed simple enough. I had done plenty of sneaking in and taking jobs for her, though I felt much worse as a person for it. I could assume there would be guards, this task would prove to be much more difficult than she made it out to be, that's always how it worked.
What was the catch though.
Sure, the Warlock's Agreement was a serious thing but it didn't seem something of consequence as all I had to do was deliver a little something.
It wasn't like I had to kill the man.
Just deliver something.
I had free time until then.
I could stay with Ferg- no.
I wouldn't do that to myself, he was still the bastard that sold me into this situation, no matter how differently he wanted it to have gone this is what happened. His fault.
"What's the catch? The package is manageable right? It's not alive?" I asked, curiously, though I was just suspicious to her master plan.
They say a good chess player is always five steps ahead, though in Sherlock Holmes, the second movie, a great chess player is only two steps ahead.
I had sat for a while pondering that in calculus only to come up with hopeful explanation of 'Winging it works better'.
I licked my lips, the whole situation had turned into one of utter unpleasantness and there wasn't anything I wouldn't give to call Robin out to a girls night to talk it all out.
I was having her beat the snot out of Fergie though, well, missing his face of course.
That I would take care of.
I almost shuddered, I kind of liked plotting, though it was dark and evil, it was utterly exciting and seemingly needed.
I took a quick glance at Fergie's forlorn face, I couldn't tell what he was thinking.
It seemed like he really did care for me, but the lies and the backhanded methods of, I hated to say it , winning me over was wrong.
The way he wanted to imprison my best friend was wrong.
The way he... made himself pretty was wrong.
I hugged myself, was I too vain to love him if he was any other way?
Was I that shallow?
I dreaded to say yes but I couldn't not.
I blamed it on my instinctual components, if I broke it down to a scientific aspect I was only attracted to those who held genes that would benefit my future young. As a female I needed the genes that would satisfy my instinctual needs which I could find through the pheromones that the males excrete which told of their genetic makeup.
I rubbed my temples in exasperation, in other words I was shallow and vain.
Maybe... Maybe he already looked like this and all Lilith did was break a spell, unbeknownst to her and Fergie, which turned him... pretty.
Maybe Neverland suck him in perpetual puberty and Lilith actually saved him.
Maybe?
Maybe?
I shook my head, I had better things to worry about, though this would take a large part of my worrying time later.

Johnny:
I was surprised at the hug, surprised and very pleased.
Maybe I didn't screw up as much as I had thought, not to mention the fact that even when her arms left my shoulders she was still fine to be pressed to my chest.
Fine by me.
In fact, I almost encouraged it.
With all the touching I was getting I couldn't help but focus on her lips every few moments. I may be a gentleman but I was still male, I did my best to look away though, she was not in the correct condition to share the more passionate emotions.
"Do you think'll you'll be okay to go home by yourself? You can always count on me for giving you a ride, you can stay here too if you want but I won't... suggest it. It's a school night after all.... Are you okay?" I said, stumbling between topics.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:52 am

Fergie: I couldn't help but to raise a brow at Lilith's grin, one that showed her crooked and yellow-black teeth. Really, I wished that she didn't smile; if it was possible, it made her look even more horrendous.
I always thought that it was funny that it was her who made me look this handsome.
"Of course it's not alive. The last time that we tried that..." she trailed off, tittering to herself, "It's this."
With a snap of her fingers, in her palm sat a little box, red velvet, maybe the size of a matchbox. Showing it to her, she let her grin settle into more of a calm smile.
"This is what you'll give him. I promise that the contents is not living, however you do not open it. If you open it...well, you'll break the deal and I'm sure that you know what happens when you break the Warlock's Agreement. You simply give it to him and say something along the lines of "Lilith wishes to speak with you". Do that and you have your freedom and your mother's memories back. Simple enough."
And with another snap of her fingers, the box disappeared with a puff of silver smoke. I turned to Molly, seeing what she thought. Lilith definitely had some sort of plan. Why else would she happily give up her apprentice? I always imagined that we would rescue Molly with a huge magical fight, guns -- or maybe girlfriend -- a-blazing... Well, I could hardly say that she was my girlfriend after what I did. Either way I reckon that she would have found out about the deal that I had made. Lilith and life was a bitch like that.
"Of course I'll remind you of what you have to do as well as what I would view as the best way to do the job the night before. So..."
Again, she stuck her hand out, peering down her hooked nose to her apprentice.
"Do we have a deal?"

Robin: Nodding, I rested my head against him. Yeah, sure, I was alright, just a little bit... gob-smacked, I thought was the right word for how I felt. On the other hand, I could most definitely sense that my dear Molly wasn't feeling her greatest.
"I think something's happening with Molly," I murmured, "it's the strongest that I've felt her emotions in ages... Maybe Fergie and her have had a row."
Eh, he was a dick, anyway and I stood by that. I just wished that Molly would one day see that. Out of all of the people on the planet, she had to pick him? Really?
"But anyway," I sighed, looking back up to him with a small frown, "Yeah, I do have to get home. I've already had that lovely conversation with my dear mother...but I still have another hour or so before I have to leave...unless you want me to go back..."
I knew that he was frazzled by the hug, by the fact that he was rambling on like that, and that made my smile grow pretty wide at that point. He was adorable...though I wouldn't necessarily say it to his face; he was a manly elf, and all.
"But I would rather like to see these texts..." I repeated, showing him my great grin, "...if you wouldn't mind, that is."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Molly:
Though comical I had started the bad habit of stroking my chin in thought, at times.
Now was one of those times.
I pursed my lips and stroked my chin, it seemed easy, too easy.
A fight with Lilith seemed extreme and there was no way that I was backing down now that I knew I didn't have to consent to this type of life, the only sane option was to make the deal.
Of course there was that 'do as well as what I would view as the best way to do the job' now that could mean anything, Lilith was a crazy old hag so that could mean anything from sneaking in and discreetly getting the job with to dancing into the wedding hall in a chicken suit and proclaiming my task for all to hear. She could holding that back if she would only tell me the night before.
Would it matter though?
If it came to that I could always battle her over the issue, though the wizard's agreement would make it difficult, I could just do the task.
I was too worn down for shame any who.
I brought my hand up slowly to meet hers and the speed of which she grabbed mine was amazing for a woman of her age.
I gripped her hand and shook it firmly.
"Deal. Now, I am leaving, the deal was made." I said, my voice low and challenging.
After a pause I turned and walked away, heading down the long alley, no destination in mind.
Once out of Lilith's scorching eyes and let a few tears loose, I batted them away pathetically but they just kept leaking out.

Johnny:
I awkwardly made my way to my desk, pushing a few papers aside to get the texts. I handed them to her, a bit starstruck from the shine of her face.
The shine of her life in her eyes.
It was beautiful.
She was beautiful.
Shit.
I sounded like some cheesy poet, that was the last thing I wanted, I didn't want us to be another boy band cookie cutter song. I wanted us to be that inspiring new artist you found on Youtube, I wanted our future to be bright and full of surprises, the good kind.
I looked at her.
"You know I'd have you stay here forever..." I said before I could hold it back.
Shit.
Mushy crap.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next