Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Message For You
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

3 posters

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Olly: "There you are."
Resuming a calm stride instead of a frantic sprint, I tried a smile on my lips. Okay, at the moment I was reasonably scared of her and her threats, but it didn't hurt to be polite about it. I cleared my throat and I lowered my voice, putting a hand out to touch her arm gently.
"I can explain. Yes, I can read minds but I've only known this for a few weeks, two months tops. I don't know how to control it or if it's possible to turn it off. Yes, I read your mind, I read your mother's mind, I read the messenger guy's mind. Why? Because like Greg and Tim in there I want to impress your mother, and it's working quite well, so I hear."
I offered a smile, one which she hopefully wouldn't slap. I knew that Mrs Lakefield enjoyed a man who sporting was red but I didn't need a huge mark across my cheek of that colour.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by bookcrazI Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Lila:
I raised an eyebrow, a bit angry at the secrecy but understanding why he didn't tell him. It wasn't like I was his girlfriend or anything, just a stranger that pulled him into a mess, he didn't have to tell me anything really.
I kicked him lightly in the shin, letting him know I could kick much harder.
"Whatever.. I don't really care.. I do need your help though, could you please help me take this ridiculous dress off? Just untie the back, I would do it myself but.." I turned so he could see the knots.
It was like a team of boy scouts on redbull decided to have a competition and then they started fighting.
I blushed a few minutes later.
"I-I.. You don't have to.. I can ask a maid.. Yeah.. I'll do that.."
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Location : Hell... there are so many screaming children here....

Character Sheet
Name: Zem Grayson
Race: Human Kinsmen

http://stuff-fluffcoolcats.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:17 am

Olly: Though I was all for taking that dress off for her, it probably was best.
"If you want me to, I can," I smirked, trying on a bit of a joke, bending me knees and putting the arms out as though I was going to catch her, "No need to bother the maid."
But with a small chuckle, I returned back to my normal standing pose, my thumb slung from the loop in my belt whilst putting my weight on the other side. Blinking a couple of times, I put the trademark grin back on.
"You look nice by the way, the colour suits you. It's also a little more sophisticated than the other outfits..."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Lila:
At his little act of gallantry I raised an eyebrow, trying my best to push the blush down.
I put a hand on my hip, completely recovered from the earlier blunder.
"Thanks.. I think.. I personally prefer breathing but hey, beauty is pain.." I said sarcastically.
I gave him a look over, "You don't look so bad yourself, it's a bit more... nice than your other outfits." I said, copying his sentence and adding a wolfy grin.
I was more careful with my thoughts, knowing he could read them, it was a bit exciting though.
A cool power to say the least, a bit bothersome at times though I could only assume.

The butler came jogging back with a glass of water in a pretty cup and I grimaced, I was planning on leaving before he came back.
I dropped my hand from my hip and assumed the waif eyes and demure posture of a weak little maiden.
"Oh thank you, I was ever so parched.." I murmured politely, looking up at him with a slightly furrowed brow.

"Y-yes..." The Butler trailed off.
He was fairly new and not used to the ways of our home yet, though not many servants did even after forty years of service. It was only the guards who really knew.
They knew me the best, even though they really didn't,if that made any sense.

I received the glass from the man and took little sips until I finished, by the time I was done the man had realized that Olly was standing behind me.
"Sir, good day... may I help you?" he asked, confused.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Olly: Oh, she was a little actress, wasn't she?
With a secret smirk on my lips, I just watched her little act, enjoying the little dinner and a show. But as soon as the butler laid his eyes on me, they shot to a look of mild concern for Lila, one of polite enquiry.
"Eh, yes, actually. Could you please point me in the direction to the nearest restroom?"
"Y-yes, of course Sir," he nodded, "If you would just follow me. Miss Lakefield, I'll return in just a moment."
And with a sly smirk to her, I began to walk with the butler to the bathroom which I didn't really want to use. Hey, as long as I apologised and explained myself to her, I was content in my heart. But, with a glance over my shoulder, just to shoot her another smile.
Thanks. But hey! There's nothing wrong with my checks and baggy jeans, Lila, I'll let you know... And by the by, you look pretty good whatever you wear.
And with wink, I turned around the corner and out of her sights.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Lila:
My eyes grew wide.
Was his voice inside my head?
His voice was just inside my head.
He did compliment me though.
I blushed and returned to where I sitting before, trying to think everything through. I rubbed my temples and sighed, this thinking would require hot chocolate and pajamas. Why did things have to be so complicated?
They were pretty cool though, the things.

Molly:
I sat at my rotting desk and continued rewriting all the spells that the broken book held, Lilith broke it and was making me fix it. The only way to fix it was to rewrite the entire 300 page book. I think this was a punishment for keeping my two days and everything that happened to myself.
I blushed.
Some things were best kept between lovers.

Johnny: I sat up on my sofa bed and and ran a hand through my messed up hair, it was plastered down on one side and sticking out on the other, not the coolest of bedhead styles.
I sighed.
I wanted to see Robin.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:02 pm

(sorry to interrupt ^.^; but Bookie can you please go to Sticking Together? Thankchuu)
Cali
Cali
Admin

Character Sheet
Name:
Race: Witch

https://twitch.tv/itsSoCali/

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:08 pm

(yeah sorry Sad)
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Olly: Locking the door behind me, I let out a sigh, peering at my reflection in the larger-than-me mirror that was hanging above the sink. I strolled over, quickly turning on the taps to carefully splash a bit of water onto my face.
"You're doing pretty well, Olly. Just keep on the charm and the calm and you'll be set... God, I'm actually caring about this? Since when?"
Maybe the kiss on the cheek and the napkin with her number didn't help that...
But did she like me?
She wouldn't have done it otherwise.
But she might have done it to all of them...
But she didn't like Tim and Greg.
"Argh, just keep it cool. I'm beginning to argue with myself."
Drying my damp face with the extremely luxurious towel, I took in a deep breath, adjusting my waistcoat in the mirror. She said that I looked nice?
My cheeks blushed at the thought.
But I had to agree with her when she said that this was nicer than my casual wear, though I wasn't going to go walking around in a suit everyday...however, the waistcoat may become a permanent thing.
"Get out there again, handsome. Keep on smiling and you'll be fine. Plus, you know what to say, eh?"
And with a smooth chuckle, I slipped back out of the bathroom and made my way down the fancy corridors and multiple rooms towards the room where I was having luncheon.
Ha, luncheon. I had never heard that word in use before.

Fergie: "Honey, could you pass me the raspberry confit? Thank you."
Why couldn't she just say jam? Its all it was, just with a fancy label and slightly more fruit.
Slipping it to her, I let out a sigh. I didn't like waking up alone, not after the day before I had gotten up alongside Molly.
And damn I missed her.
The way that she smiles.
The way that she laughs.
The way that she was able to control her magic more professionally than me even though I was a magical creature and so should be alright...
Meh, I've battled pirates, though. She hadn't done that.
Not that I would let her: Captain Hook was a right psycho.

Robin: "Huh?"
I shot out of my bed, still clad in the clothes that I went to sleep in, my head feeling like I had drank around fifteen kegs of beer. I clasped onto my forehead, trying to steady myself.
"What the hell happened?"
"Damn, you slept solidly for 26 hours! That's impressive."
I didn't have the ability to look at my little sister standing in the doorway with Marcus (who was once called Dilly at the beginning of this chat, oops Razz) slung under her arm, equipped with armbands, a rubber ring and swimming flippers.
"Where's Johnny?" I asked, only worrying about that, "Did he go home?"
I didn't have to look to know the answer to that question. But either way, Angie nodded, flopping over to the edge of my bed.
"And when I say "that's impressive", I mean the magic. Since when have you been able to do that?"
Oh yeah, she saw.
Balls.
"That? I didn't know I could. I just imagined and hoped for it to happen and it did... Mom's at work again, isn't she?"
Again, Angie nodded, perching herself by my side, putting the cat down in the process. With a sigh, she drooped her arms around me in a weird hug.
"Marcus and I are going into the paddling pool for a bit. You're welcome to join us."
A smirk grew on my lips at that offer. I never accepted that offer, and I doubted that I would have ever accepted it.
"Is the weather nice?"
"Yep."
"I might do, then," I grinned, giving her a nod, "You run ahead, I'll find my things."
And with a wink, she flipped out of the room, smiling her head off. Eh, a quick swim before lunch would be nice, so I thought. Well, just as long as there was no washing on the line...
Now, where was that bikini?
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:37 pm

(lols I thought so Razz)
Lila: I walked with my eyes downcast and posture perfect in every way a young maiden's posture should be. I sent a quick letter of apology to my mother, via servants, and sat in my room struggling to get the dress off. Maybe I should have taken Olly's offer and let him help me.
It seemed like all the maids were hiding or something and I hated using the dreaded bell to summon one.
I sighed.
If things had gotten... serious would if have been that bad?
I shook my head to get a grip.
Finally I had a maid come in to help me get the terrible thing off, she put it away and I collapsed on my bed in my underwear blessing the ability to breathe.

Molly:
I hoped he had read the letter.
I wrote down everything there.
My feelings, my apology, and secret meeting places.
The last one being extremely important.
Lilith would let me out at least twice a month to get whatever I needed and go back, usually it was a bath and soap.
She gave me about ten hours in each outing which was more than enough time to eat my favorite foods as well.
Now I could see my favorite person as well, if he read the letter anyway.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Olly: Returning back to the luncheon, I sat back in my seat, politely giving a slight bow as I did.
"Apologies for the long time," I nodded at Mrs. Lakefield.
And with that, I sunk back into the conversation, occasionally adding a comment. It wasn't the same though, without her, my motive for doing this was gone...
Or was she?
I think that we may be able to communicate via this now. You up for that?

Fergie: Letting out a sigh, I couldn't get her out of my mind. She was there, in the front of my mind.
Everything seemed to remind me of her.
She liked marmalade on toast the best.
And black coffee.
And me.
"I don't feel hungry," I murmured, my voice rasping, standing up, "I have a lot of school work to catch up with. Excuse me."
And before any of my parents could say anything, I was strolled out of there.
Damn you, Molly. Why did you have to be so selfless and sacrifice your freedom for Robin?
Seriously, Robin?
I mean, your mother, me or even Johnny, fair enough...
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Lila: I sat up startled and covered myself, Olly's voice in my head.
What? Hello? How are you doing this? Aren't you supposed to be at the luncheon? I thought surprised.
I snatched a robe from my bedside and slipped it on before thinking again.
What other type of powers could he have if he could read minds.

Molly:
I pushed my mess of hair back and put the last symbol on the page.
Thoughts flooded my head.
Did he read the letter?
Did he know to send the other letter to robin?
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Olly: Mentally, I smirked, I am, I'm just talking to you via this. And I have no idea how I'm doing it, I just am... I guess that's the beauty of magic.
Well, at least it made this luncheon a little more bearable than it was before. And I could still join in and make comments when necessary to impress her mother, something that I did rather frequently and in a way that made the others trip up.
Hey, I used to be in the debate club: I knew how to do that well.

Fergie: Scampering back up to my room, I was in one of those moods were you just don't know what to do with yourself and even doing nothing feels wrong. My stomach wasn't straight and my mind was too fixed on Molly to do anything...
It was time to do what I always did when I was in this mood.
I was going to tidy my room.
I slipped in, making sure to lock the door behind me and sighed. Where was I to begin? Running my fingers through my hair, I strolled over to the chest of drawers, the ones with the Bottomless enchantment that was extremely handy to have. But, before I could even open it, I stopped.
I blinked a couple of times.
There, in a neat scrawl, was my name: Fergie.
"Did Molly leave it? For me?" I asked myself, ripping it open, "...yeah, and Robin."
I began to read the words, her voice echoing around my mind as though she was reading it aloud to me personally. And by the time I had finished it, I had to sit down.
"Damn, she's a good writer too..." I murmured, fiddling with the ends of my auburn locks, "Gah..."
I knew that I had to give the other one to Robin, meaning that I would have to see her again... Great.
Slipping out my phone from my pocket, I quickly whipped up a message to her and sent it off.
It's Fergie. I have something to give you. I'll drop it around later today. It concerns Molly...

Robin: Shutting the back door behind me, I could only smirk, and that was down to a few things. Firstly, the sun was shining and the weather was generally fabulous-looking without a cloud in the sky. For once, mother nature was around to help, not hinder. Secondly, Angie was splashing around in the pool with a strangely contented Dilly. We must have had the only cat which liked water. And, lastly, I was looking better than I did last year in my bikini, something which was making my smirk crack into a full-blown smile.
Ah, it was a good day.
"Come on Robin!"
"Coming!" I shouted, beginning the descent into the back garden, "Actually..."
Whipping out my phone, I decided that dropping Johnny a quick text would have been a good idea.
Heya, JoJo. I've literally just got up from my long nap yesterday. Just thought that I would tell you that I was alright, y'know? Anyway, text me back. We need to have a meeting that isn't cut short, eh? Love ya xx
And just as I was about to slip it into my bikini top, it vibrated again.
"That was a quick reply," I chuckled to myself, "Huh? Fergie...wants to see me?"
Then my eyes stopped on one word: Molly.
Molly?
He had news?!
I'm free now if you want. You know where I live, right? If it's to do with Molly then don't hold up! xx
Okay, my once happy mood had just been demolished...
Molly.
Damn, I missed that girl.
My best friend.
I was alone now, well, minus Johnny...
It was boring.
I needed to see her.
Now.
"Gah..." I murmured, "I need to cool off..."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Lila: I almost smiled at his reply, feeling a smirk in his voice, this was almost like communication via phone but the phone was in our heads.
Weird.
Well.. hey there, how are you? I don't really know what to say, I mean you already know how I feel mister mind reader boy.. wait, can you read my mind from where you are or only talk to me?
I thought, more little ideas bubbling up as I suppressed others.
I didn't know if I should censor my thoughts, I never had to do that, normally my mind was my only free place to be.
Now I didn't have that.
A bit of a downer but I didn't really mind it if it was Olly, I felt like I could trust him.
I blushed.
He might have heard that.

Molly:
I sewed the binding on the new book up, swearing each time the needle stabbed my fingers, which was sadly often; paper was pretty hard to get a needle through. I had become adept at sewing throughout my years in pageants, fixing costumes and such, but now my amount of nakedness depended on my skill.
I preferred not to have any nakedness so I had become much better.
Well, when it came to cloth anyway.
Robin was terrible at sewing, she would always ask me to help her, I usually ended up doing it all though.
Damn,
Now I missed her.
I knew she had pushed me from her mind, she did that when things upset her, she just acted like they never happened.
That's why I sent her the letter.
I sent it so she knew I was okay.
I hoped my leaving wasn't too painful, she didn't really do well with things leaving her.
Her father left her and her family after all.
I wiped a tear from my face angrily, this was no time to cry, this was time to learn. Learn enough so I could get out of this hell hole and go back home.
Go back home to my family.
My friends.
Fergie.

Johnny:
I jumped as something in my pants vibrated causing me to do a frantic pat down of my body until I found the source.
The damn cell phone.
I checked it and smiled.
Robin.
K. Want me there now?<3 Johnny
I texted back, purposfully ignoring the pet name.
I didn't want it to stick.
My family called me that to tease me.
It had gotten old pretty fast.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:28 am

Olly: I stopped for a moment, trying to read her mind. From what I had worked out with Robin, I could read her mind properly if we were close, say, in the same room, but even when I was in the library the day before I could tell where she was and how she was feeling, something that isn't always a good thing when she was with her boyfriend...
Yes, well, kinda. I can't read everything, just emotions...slightly, and from that I can kind of work out where you are in this big beautiful house of yours. But I'm fine, thanks for asking. It's a bit boring down here. You're not missing out on much, I can tell you.
I took a slurp at my tea, laughing along to yet another tale. It was staring to get a bit monotonous, the luncheon, and there wasn't a lot of food... I made a mental note to visit KFC on the way back.

Fergie: "At least she replies quick enough."
And I guess that I wasn't doing anything, just tidying my room, and hey, a walk sounded like a good idea to clear the mind...
Then my phone bleeped again.
And we have the pool up! Fancy bringing your swimming trunks? ;D xx
"Ha, as if!"
And with a snort, I snatched my coat from off of the rack along with her letter, stuffing it in my pocket. I didn't say goodbye to anyone, I just walked out of the door, making sure that Jeffrey caught a glimpse of me shutting the door behind me. Now, I believe it was the second left...

Robin: If you want, Fergie's just coming over with something regarding Molly. Oh! And bring your trunks if you want a paddle, I'm in my bikini hehe <3 xx
Letting out a shaky sigh, sending that message to Fergie was more to do with cheering me up. He wouldn't anyway, he wouldn't want to get his precious ginger locks damp for something so 'infantile'.
Ah, screw him...
And with a sprint to the pool, I began to dabble my foot in. Bloody freezing...
Ah, screw this, too.
With a deep breath of bravery, I launched myself in, splashing Angie head-to-toe in the process.
Then I realised.
Who was going to open the door?
"Ah, crud."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Lila:
So my thoughts were free up here? That was nice to know, so I could think about anything and he couldn't hear it or see it.
That's a relief.
Well you only have about another thirty minutes to go, Mother has a meeting with a CEO or some big headed male with lots of money regarding my wedding. He's a clan leader so she thinks she can get a good discount on napkins or something, why she needs one? I don't know, but I don't get any say in the matter. I was planning to get a black dress and go to my wedding in zombie style but I don't get to choose my dress either... a pity, it would've been a good show. Oh, if she chooses you, you don't get a say either... I thought giving a mental shrug.
If she chose him to marry me...
Would it be that bad?
I sighed, I did like him.

Johnny: I grinned and stuffed my swim trunks into my messenger bag next to my books. I was glad she was feeling better, the bikini helped but I was a gentleman, I only was going because I loved her.
Not because she was asking me to swim with her, though I'd do pretty much anything for her.
Damn.
Even in my own head I sounded like a love drunk fool.
Was that so bad though?
I left my apartment and started my motor cycle with a foolish grin.
Nah, it wasn't that bad when you felt this good.

bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Olly: Zombie wedding?
Looked like she was the complete opposite to all of this fancy
Ha, nice idea, but a shame. I'm actually quite a traditionalist with things like this. I'd rather have it all done in a church or a country manor, something like that, y'know? And a discount on napkins from a clan leader? The Paper Elves? But fair enough, means that I can return back to not constantly worrying about what I'm saying all of the time...
I had only thirty minutes left of sitting there? At that point I was pretty damn happy, putting a real smile on my lips instead of the one which I had forced myself to wear so that I didn't look like a Moody Margaret. Ah...

Fergie: "Right, it was this way last time..."
I was sure of it. It was a left at the top of Lincoln Street and the second right onto Elm Road, then you followed that down to the library and crossed the street, cut through the park, down the main road...
Then how did I end up in the middle of a field?
I really was a Lost Boy.
But at least it gave me a bit of time to have a think to myself.
Just what I needed.
"Master Fergie? Would you like a lift?"
I jumped at the sound of Jeffrey's voice. Turning around, I grinned to see him there.
"Yes, thanks. Robin's house. You know where that is, right?"
As he nodded, I literally legged it back to the car.

Robin: After a quick paddle to cool myself off initially, I jumped out, half splashing Angie again as well as Dilly. Grabbing the towel from off of the side, I draped it around me before waddling into the house, making sure that I didn't slip up on the laminated wood flooring.
From the fridge, I snatched a yoghurt out and a spoon whilst waiting for the two guys to turn up.
And trust me, I was hovering by that door.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Lila:
I raised an eyebrow, a traditionalist eh? I guess I might be one too if I wasn't trying to rebel all the time, I mean if I got the chance to be normal.
Not a zombie wedding, but just me dressed like a zombie so I could possibly scared everyone enough that I could escape and whatnot. I just want something simple, no frills, no stupid doilies or fancy overpaid caterers. I just want something a bit normal is all... Anyway, not paper elves... The CEO types.. they're usually scholar elves, ones that specialize in business and math, sometimes they're elementals but rarely.
I sighed and began to paint my nails, a soft pink instead of the usual black, it was really tiring to always be fighting.

Johnny:
I parked my bike outside her house and meandered up to her door, knocking a few times for good measure.
She was swimming with her sister.
Having fun like a family would.
I sighed.
I missed them.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:02 am

Olly: It couldn't have been easy, being in her shoes. I think it was then when I first actually sympathised with her. Okay, so I personally couldn't relate to it myself, but that didn't mean...
Shame, I would have loved to have met a Paper Elf. But I agree on the normal, simple front. Looks like if your mother chides me then that's all out of my hands...
And it was only then when I realised something for the first time: if her mother picked me then that meant I'd be stuck in houses like this for the rest of my life. She was a princess after all; it wasn't like we could just move out to a small town and get ourselves a small house out there...
Looked like my dream of that was possibly over.

Fergie: "We're here Master Fergie."
I sighed as we pulled up alongside her house. In my pocket, the letter half prodded out. I made sure that it was there many many times during the long drive there. It turned out that I had gone in completely the wrong direction and headed out of town instead of to the other side of it.
I was a clever guy.
"Thanks, Jeffrey. And if the parents ask..."
"You went to the library to study. Got it."
And with a slam of the door, I sighed...then I saw the bike, then the mop-haired elven boyfriend. He was here too? Okay, Johnny was someone who I could tolerate...
He was probably here for the news too.
"Y'right?" I asked, walking up to the door, "Haven't seen you in a while..."

Robin: As soon as I heard that door, I legged it through the house to there. At that moment, I didn't know who I was looking forward to see most, but was simply because of the circumstances. Of course I would always vote my loving boyfriend over a snooty Lost Boy.
I swung open the door, a grin on my face to see them both standing there, though my initial reaction was to Johnny.
"Hello again," I smirked, giving him a quick peck on the cheek, "See? I'm fine after yesterday."
Then I turned to Fergie, the wide grin on my face disappearing slightly... Then I saw the envelope with "Rob" prodding out.
"Is that mine? The Molly thing?"
The boy nodded and I snatched it out of his pocket, waddling into my living room. I probably wanted a seat if I was going to read it.
"Come on through!" I shouted back at them, making sure that they weren't idiots who just stood in the doorrway.
And with that, I flumped myself on the sofa and sighed. I tore open the letter and began to read it...
Ah crud, it was the first sentence and I needed a tissue already. This wasn't going to last long...
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:58 pm

( do you mean choose? Not chide?)

Lila:
I checked my watch, the servant should be entering the room about now.
You have about twenty seconds, give or take a bit. How do you feel, you made it through elimination round. She thought jokingly.
If you want I might be able to sneak out and meet you at the library again.... She thought a bit hesitantly.
Was she pushing herself on him?
She grimaced wanting to take it back, he would leave her and she'd wait until her mother decided something.
Like always.

Johnny:
"Pretty good, dealing with elf problems and marriage and stuff, what about you?" I answered nonchalantly.
With a quick glance I noticed he was looking healthier than before but his face looked devoid of life, like he was just going through the motions as it were.
I frowned, it was pretty hard on me when Molly left, but I had Robin, the person he had for strength left.
Ouch.
Now that I thought about it, he was doing a lot better than I ever could.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Yeah... Sorry. I really need to proof-read these things.

Olly: Mentally, I nodded, a small smirk coming onto my lips. Fortunately, it was well timed with her mother's story so I didn't look like an idiot. I had to say, though, their conversations were getting a bit boring... How was I going to stand this for the rest of my life potentially?...
Ah, now it's just the waiting: the worst bit. But oh, Miss Lakefield, I would love to. Just as long as you don't get caught, that is.
I did sense the hesitation in her tone, as weird as that sounded, but I didn't say anything about it. It was better not to, was it not?

Fergie: I blinked a couple of times, "Marriage? You two are getting married?!"
I dismissed his question for the moment. Was I missing something? Oh, I wasn't going to be made best man, was I?
I blinked a couple of times at him, my eyes filled with disbelief.

Robin: Generally when I read things, I never took my time. I just skimmed over the words to get a rough gist of what was being said. Seriously, ever book report, letter, birthday card, I didn't really give a damn.
This, however, was a different story altogether.
I read every word with thought, smirking at the little jokes in there that only us two would understand. A list of secret hiding places and times that she was free... I had to admit, she was a good writer; very emotive. I was wiping my runny nose on the corner of the beach towel.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Lol- don't worry, when I write at night it's barely made up of collected thoughts let alone grammatically correct. Razz That's why I have spell check.

Lila:
I smiled to myself.
Lila. Call me Lila,She thought, don't worry about me getting caught. I haven't gotten caught in two years.
She grinned mentally, she liked to think of herself as an escape artist, it made her life seem more interesting.

Johnny: I shook my head quickly, "No, no, no,no,no. Not us, no, her brother is currently in the Husband to be position for the elf queen's daughter."
My eyes bulged out a bit when he said that, sure I might want to marry Robin in time but not now.
We were young.
Too young.
Maybe another few years, then it would happen.
What was I doing?
I was already planning my proposal!
I shook my head to clear it and calm down, I had to stay in the now.

bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Yeah, I was doing it quickly...

Olly: In two years? I don't want to know what happens there... But fine, Lila. I was only saying that for a joke.
By the looks of things, everything was beginning to look like it was ending, the conversation that was. It might have just been the feeling in the air or the fact that she was mentally saying that she needed to leave soon.
Looks like this is ending soon.

Fergie: I let out a breath of relief. I didn't think that I could have faced that. But did he know that his face was so readable? It was almost like a book. It was so sweet.
"Oh right, good," I nodded, not really knowing what else to say, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

Robin: "See you later Robbo..."
My eyes were flooded with tears and puffed up, my face screwed up into a ball. I needed a hug, majorly. I missed that girl too much.
Slipping into the hallway, I slung my arms around Johnny, openly weeping him into his chest.
"She's took bloody sweet!" I shouted, though the noise as I held my head against him.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Lila:
I know... I'll get ready, meet you outside the wall, on the same street you dropped me off. See you soon, good luck, she'll prolly tell one of the suitors that they're off her list of candidates, hope you're not him. I thought to him before slipping on some better clothes.
I hoped he understood my meaning, now that I thought about it my message was a bit cryptic, it could mean 'I want to marry you' or 'hope you don't die'.
She grimaced and opened the window, knowing her mother would be saying the final words about then.
Johnny:
I held her back and stroked her hair, pretty sure it was from the letter.
"Shh.. She wouldn't want to make you cry, right? She did this to save you, the last thing she'd want is for you to cry.. It's okay." I murmured to her, ignoring Fergie for the moment.
My girl was a bit more important.
I hated to see Robin cry.
"What does it say? Did she leave one for you?" I asked, directing the question between the two glum looking friends of mine.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:45 am

Olly: Alright, see you in a bit.
To be honest, I too hoped that I wasn't "off her list of candidates". Lila was probably the only girl which I've ever had feelings for, genuine feelings. It was just a bitch that this couldn't have been a normal relationship instead of the path to an arranged marriage.
"Well, gentlemen. It was certainly delightful to chat to each one of you. I enjoyed some of our conversations very much..."
Her swooped over all of our faces,
"Unfortunately, it is time for this splendid luncheon to end as I have a meeting with the CEO in an hour. But, as well, as that, I have decided that one of you... I'm very sorry Gregory, however, I must say that I have very much enjoyed your presence here and your amusing tales."
I think that I may have let out a subtle sigh of relief. I honestly thought that Greg there was a dead cert to go through to the next round, so to speak.
Now it was done to me and Timmy.
"Thank you, Your Majesty, for your time. Do send my regards to the princess," he nodded respectfully.
I could read that, on the inside, he was pretty damn upset about that fact. Of course, he was up himself and automatically assumed that he would have Lila's hand in marriage. He didn't share the same feelings as I did though, he just wanted the connections that came with it, after all.
And it was literally with that we all said our final goodbyes and bows, we all filed out of the room, one after the other. And just as I reached the doorway, one small murmur came running through my mind.
These are beautiful...
Just as I glanced back, a small smile came across my lips, for, holding the bouquet in her grasp, the bunch of roses which I handed to her.
This round: Olly Parlour.

Fergie: Well this was awkward. But I nodded to Johnny's question, supposing that Robin was in too much of a state to string a proper sentence together.
"Of course she gave me one. I'm her boyfriend. You're her old dance partner, in case you've forgotten that fact. But basically? Basically its just a letter saying her thoughts and feelings as well as a few meeting places so that we can catch up without getting caught by Lilith at all... She must have written them last night when she stayed over for the week...end."
Shit.

Robin: What. Did. He. Just. Say?
"You saw Molly over the weekend? You didn't tell me?"
Wiping away my snotty with the corner of the towel once again, my eyes delved into him, wondering exactly what.
All he could was nod.
Nod.
She was there?
For a whole weekend?
Since when had Fergie been more important than me! I was her best friend!
"Well that makes me feel better," I muttered, sniffing again, "and the letter's here if you want a read... There's a few things in there that you might not get - inside jokes - but you should get the majority..."
Producing him the document, I let out a shaky sigh resting my head against his chest again, surrounding me with his woody scent with a little bit of lemon Febreze. It was strangely comforting...
And then I realised I was only wearing my bikini and towel.
Crap.
"Anyway..." I muttered, trying to pull away casually, "I take it as you, Fergie didn't bring your Speedos..."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next