Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Message For You
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

3 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:45 am

Robin: "I could say exactly the same thing."
So, that went well. At least my boyfriend now longer wanted to clamber all over the playground. I tell you, that wasn't a pretty sight nor was it easy for me to watch. I just really had to be careful about the chocolate thing.
"I think you left it in the cafeiteria/canteen/mess hall (whatever you call it)!" I shouted after him, "You lovely donut."
And with a shake of my head I stumble back to class before anyone had noticed what had happened. I was really surprised though: I'd thought that Emily at least would have been watching my antics through the window. I guess that Mr. Steins' butt is more interesting than me performin magic on an elf.
What had the world come to, eh?

And yeah, to the engagement celebration?

OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by bookcrazI Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:22 pm

(sure- do you want to start it or shall I?)
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Location : Hell... there are so many screaming children here....

Character Sheet
Name: Zem Grayson
Race: Human Kinsmen

http://stuff-fluffcoolcats.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:38 pm

You may start if you wish, I do not mind at all Smile
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:55 pm

okies ^^

Lila:
The red dress had only been a test, my mother liked to know what things looked good and what didn't.
Apparently she had liked the red dress because I was squeezed into an identical one tonight, this one had more little decorations and matching jewelry.
I was pushed around and sent from one half of the mansion to the other, making polite conversation with the nobles already here and thanking them for their presents.
I didn't have enough time to think, only react.
I hoped that Olly would arrive soon, he had taken his time at his house and I hadn't been able to see him since the race.
Since he won.
I assumed that he was in a similar situation, being pushed around and lead to get ready. I could only hope he was okay, it was overwhelming unless you were used to it, hell, it was overwhelming even when you were used to it.
I ended up next to dining room, hiding behind a curtain hoping no one would notice. I had a plate of orderves in my hand and I was trying my best to eat them without messing up my makeup or my clothes. The little bacon wrapped steak bits were my favorites but they were also the hardest to eat properly. The little bites were just a smidgin too big which meant having to take two bites which risked the smudging of lipstick.
I grimaced realizing how vain I sounded.
I needed to go roll around in some dirt and climb a tree or something.
I peeked out from my hiding place and sighed, he wasn't here yet.

Johnny:
I ran a hand through my hair and stared at the question a bit more intensely, maybe I'd find the answer in the question itself.
The plain little x+78-42x=2-x seemed to mock my very existence.
"Algebra can suck my-..... lollipops..." he ended sheepishly, realizing Angie was staring at him.
Robin had wandered off to the kitchen for a snack and I was left with my math and a growing feeling of stupidity.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Olly: "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe?!"
Yes, I was singing that song because it had just come onto the radio and it was catchy. Yes, I probably lost about eighty percent of my manliness doing so but you had to admit, it was a sh*t song. It was just a good thing that the enormous lorry that was following me down the road couldn't hear me and my 'amazing' voice...but if they were elves.
Oh poo.
But as I pulled up onto the driveway for the third, but certainly not the last, time, I sighed, seeing all of the silhouettes through the window. I could already hear the strong quartet playing away completely unnoticed in the corner of one of the rooms. That was going to be what my life was going to be like from then on, since I won that contest.
But as I drew closer, I saw the outline of a person who I knew pretty well, and as I gave the keys to the valet, I couldn't help but smirk: she had a smidgen of caviar in the corner of her lip.
You might ruin your dinner if you carry on at that rate...

Robin: I drummed my nails on the kitchen counter as I sighed. There was literally nothing in this house that did have any added sugar in it. Nothing. Due to our mom working long shifts at the police department all of the time, we'd gotten used to living off leftovers and pre-packed convenience foods which, as we all know, contains a load of additives. I couldn't risk another hyper episode, though, which also meant that I had to stay away from sugar when I was around him, either that or brush my teeth all of the time...
In the end I gave up and grabbed a tray, getting a pack of crackers out from the cupboard and a tube of squeeze cheese and went back to the living room and that dreaded algebra with a sigh.

"Let me take a look."
Angie shuffled herself next to Johnny, almost snatching the book and pen from out of his hands. She had grown bored of watching him suffer; it was funny at first but it quickly became painful.
"Right everything you do to one side you need to do to the other, so, first you have to divide each side by 'minus x', then plus the 'minus 42' off both, then minus the '78' so your answer is whatever '42 minus 78' is... It's x equals 34."
The girl quickly scribbled down her calculations in the book with her neat scrawl before handing it back to him, sighing. He really struggled with that? Really?
"Robin, I'm smarter than your boyfriend!" she shouted out as I walked back in, carrying the tray of snacks, "You should be ashamed!"
"Really?" I scoffed, setting down the tray next to where we were working, "Well done, Johnny."

(Just worked that out haha)
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Lila:
My eyes grew wide and I almost dropped the tray, I looked around surprised.
Where are you? You scared me! Anyway, I haven't eaten all day so you can just deal with it.
She thought at him while looking around.
She couldn't see him in the hallway, that's the only place he'd be able to see her- she looked out the window and saw his form.
She smiled at him and waved, blushing a bit as the men with him looked up at her confused.

Johnny:
I grimaced, everyone has their faults mine was math.
Math...
Ick.
"Okay... I can dance very well, I don't think I need math. I don't find it important." I grumbled.
I stood and began a simple rumba step sequence, grinning at Robin as I did so. I held a hand out for Angie mid step and smiled.
"Would you care to join me?"
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Olly: I could only shake my head, grinning like an idiot at her. It was quite funny this telepathy thing, I could really freak people out.
Alright, alright, keep your wig on.
But as I entered through the door, the little men with boxes of my stuff right behind me, I sighed, taking in the view. It certainly was a beautiful place what with the crystal chandeliers and the priceless masterpieces that were scattered across the walls. I definitely did feel out of place there, in the place which I was to be staying to at least up until the wedding. My family weren't rich, to say the least, this was quite a feast for the eyes...for me at least.
"By the way, you really suck at hide and seek."
I peeled back the curtain, smiling as she stood there all innocently, a half-empty tray balanced on her palm expertly. Still, that little blob of black fish eggs was on her face, annoying me slightly... There was only one thing to do
"Damn...you look as beautiful as ever," I grinned, leaning in to kiss her and take off that little smidgen of food without her noticing.

Robin: Rolling my eyes, I couldn't hold back a grin. I always thought that I would date a football player, or maybe a basketball player, but never a dancer, especially a ballroom dancer with snake hips like that.
"...okay," my little sister shrugged, taking his hand, "but I must warn you: Parlor's have two left feet...unless its on the dance mat, then you will be annihilated."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Lila:
I felt the heat of a blush creep up my neck as his lips touched mine, I closed my eyes and returned the kiss only to pull away with a girly giggle.
"I wasn't hiding I was only... staying away from people.. My lipstick does match your outfit but I don't think it's the right shade for you.." She murmured, a grin pulling up the corners of her mouth.
My lips still tingled from the kiss, I was surprised there wasn't a little shock when kissed, but I tried to force my mind onto other things, I couldn't have my thoughts betray me again.
He looked handsome and well put together, a very nice image, but my lipstick turned his lips red which turned his look a bit comical.
I bit my lip feeling my hands twitch a bit, my neat side deciding to attack in one of the worst possible moments.
After a few moments I let out a rough sigh, if he wasn't going to fix it then I was.
I set the tray down, picked up the napkin I had rested on the window sill and frowned, looking around for a glass of water.
I wasn't going to call a maid for one, that would not look good, me asking a maid to help clean off my lipstick from his lips?
No, that would not be good.
I glanced down and the napkin and licked it, spit worked just as well, then I gently grabbed his chin and began to wipe it off his lips
"There..." I murmured after rubbing of the last little bit of lipstick.
"All better."

Johnny: I smiled and pulled her hand in such a way that she twirled.
"Don't worry, I'm a great partner, I also taught dance when my instructor was sick, everyone can dance with the right teacher." He explained.
He easily got Angie into the correct form and steps, and twirled her out at arms length after a moment.
"See? Robin, you want a turn?" He asked, grinning.
Who needed algebra when you could dance?
He grimaced, immediately regretting thinking that.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Olly: I grinned as she kissed back, daring to hold the back of her head slightly. But as I pulled swallowing the salty fish eggs down, I couldn't hep but raise a brow at her giggle. That was probably the most girliest I had ever seen or heard her.
"Little Miss Unsocialable," I smirked before sighing sarcastically, "But I was told that I was a summer!"
I pressed my lips together comically, bending over so that she could reached my face with ease as she rubbed away the lipstick that had smudged onto my face, getting even more of her saliva onto me. I had never had someone do that to me before; I was a major clean freak usually and always stayed away from stains. I had an amazing childhood.
"And thanks, Mom," I winked at her as she put the napkin down on the windowsill and out of the way, "but I guess that we should at least attempt to converse with the guests; it is out party after all."

(GAY! Hehe).
Robin: "Wheee!" Angie yelled, spinning off, "and no, I'm having fun."
I shook my head at her as she eventually sat down, filling a cracker full of processed cheese as she puffed and panted as though she had just ran up and down the stairs a hundred times. But as I peered back up to Johnny and his offering hand, finishing off my cracker, I frowned, looking at it.
"...are you going to make me?" I asked, peering up to him with puppy dog eyes.
I didn't like dancing. It was terrible. I always did the wrong things and I got my lefts and rights mixed up and... Basically, I sucked.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Lila:
I blushed and stepped back a bit to pull my dress down a bit and fix my hair. With a deep breath I took his arm and put on a smile, this was it.
The moment of truth.
Meeting the guests.
We sauntered up to a group of nobles, smiles on our faces, and began to greet them.
"Good evening, I know you all have met me but I'd like to introduce you all to my fiance, Olly Parlour." I said looking up to him with a smile and back at the group.
"Salutations, I'm Marian Fletcher." One woman said with a curtsy.
"It's a pleasure, I'm Jacob Bracket." A rather stuffy man replied with the tip of his hat.
With the introductions over after a few moments the dull small talk began. I laughed and smiled and frowned with the appropriate response each time, my mind beginning to wander off.
I pretty tempted to smack that monocle off that man's face... his attempt to sound intelligent is killing me...
I thought exasperatedly to Olly.
I squeezed his arm gently when I found a small break in the conversation before he could say something.
Now's our chance to...
"Well.. It's a shame to leave you but it's our duty to speak with all the guests, have a lovely night and I do hope you stay for dinner."
A smiled and a little dismissive nod ended the conversation and I pulled Olly out and to the edge of the room.
"Ready for round two?"

Johnny:
I pouted a bit, I wanted to see her dance.
She couldn't be that bad, I had seen her walk and run and she had a natural grace that could be refined.
I grimaced slightly, I was beginning to think like an instructor again.
Old habits die hard.
"I won't but I'd feel ever so broken hearted if my girlfriend didn't trust me enough to dance with me...." I said, trailing off with a soft sigh.

(He's metro sexual... if Olly way gay then Johnny could have been a good match Razz)
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Olly: Okay, brave face on and...
"Charmed," I nodded to the posh snobs, a large and fake grin on my lips.
If I had thought that the challenges earlier that day were tiring and unrelentless then that dull drivel that they were spilling was another story: completely intolerable and, for the most part, untrue. That Bracket was just making things up to sound clever, something which the ordinary person would have easily believed, however, I wasn't necessarily ordinary. I wasn't even talking about the nervous though patterns; his body language was enough to tell you that, what with him always fiddling with his snout with sausage-sized fingers of his and reddening face.
So I'm not the only one who realised that he was fibbing, then? And I would love to see you do that, dear.
And with a final chuckle we flew off, something which I was immensely happy to do since my cheeks were already hurting from the fake smiles and laughter. I didn't think that I could stand any more of it. I was just getting to the point where my muscles were beginning to retract and ache from all of that business earlier. Standing was enough to make me squeal.
"Not really but I guess that's what you get..." I muttered, "Really wished that I could heal rapidly, not read minds."

Robin: Oh, he was playing the guilty card, was he? After I saved him from getting a boot load more detentions than what he could have got earlier. Though it was partially my fault... Well, a little more than partially...
"I do trust you, you know I do," I sighed, still reluctant, "but fine. I should tell you now that I don't know my lefts and rights."
Stumbling up onto my feet, I held onto his hand.
Then I realised something.
"Ha, you're names Johnny. If your surname was Castle then I'd be Baby," I smirked, trying to put a smile on my face, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner."
Oh Dirty Dancing, yet another movie which I needed to watch before I died. Also on the list was Avatar, King Kong, Sex and The City (One and Two) and Titanic as well as many other classics which people expect me to have watched yet haven't.

Haha! I bet that Robin would have loved that. At the débutante thing and the guy that she hits on was gay. Brilliant ;P

Last edited by OpenTheDoor on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because that's what makes me beautiful... Hehe)
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Lila:
I snorted at his joke and covered my mouth with a blush.
My mother would have killed me for that.
I looked around and let out a breath, I was lucky nobles were so self absorbed that they didn't have a clue what was going around them.
Would you be able to get through the next couple of chats if I told you I had a... gift for you?
I thought at him blocking what it was from my mind.
I had been reading up in the library and practicing on how to control my own mind and create barriers.
I only hoped it worked.
I glanced around and then at the grandfather clock in the corner of the room.
With the amount of time until dinner I could only estimate about three more little chats with the guests, assuming they would be about the same length as the one previous.
We could only hope.
I was raised for this lifestyle but it didn't mean I liked it, only that I knew the tricks on how to survive it.
Olly, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky, I mainly worried for him.

Johnny:
I laughed and took her hand, pulling her towards me.
I decided a slower dance might be easier for her, as she was pretty timid about the whole dancing thing.
"Here, step on my feet... don't worry, I've got you." I murmured with a smile.
Maybe if life was a movie this whole situation would be easier.
We would all train up until we were as strong as we could be, but not quite, and band together to create a plan.
Each of us would struggle with something or another, whether it was mastering our talents or just trying to keep our emotions in check.
When the time was right we would strike, saving Molly from Lilith and defeat her, though with great struggle on our part because of our problems but with the power of friendship and love we would overcome it.
We would all learn something about ourselves and live happily ever after.
I sighed.
If only that shit was real.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Olly: My brow rose to first her snort, something which seriously made me grin wide. It was nice to see her let loose a little bit from all of the upper class, upper crust nonsense that she was drowned in. It was sweet. Most of the people in the room probably only got to see the pristine princess which her mother forced her to don; I got to see the real her, the person underneath the polish.
Hey, technically we weren't meant to work: she was well-raised, had a full proper family, royalty, a diamond; I was raised on whatever came to hand, without a dad, common, a stone. But we were working, so far at least.
I guess opposites really did attract.
But I kept my brow raised for her little proposition, something which really made me curious.
Instantly, I straightened up, ignoring the pains shooting up my legs and back, putting a brave face on instead of admitting to how it really was. I really shouldn't have packed the deep heat... And with gritted teeth, I sighed, offering my arm to her.
We'd best get going.

Robin: I did as he said, gingerly hopping onto his massive feet. I fitted on with ease, but I did worry about squishing his toes under my weight...
He probably could gauge how much I weighed from that.
I blushed slightly, half tempted to jump off right there and then and sit back down next to my frowning sister, but his arms were already around me, holding me into position. I didn't know what caused it but I always felt safe in his arms, like the outside world didn't matter as long as I had him. All of my worries about dancing as well as anything else that was in my head disappeared back to the dark corners of my mind. Hell, I felt like that whenever I was around him. I didn't have to waste my thoughts on everyone else, I could just be myself...
That was always something which I never thought I'd say.
But as I peered back up to him, still a lot smaller than him, I pulled a smile, studying his features, all up until he sighed.
"What's up?" I questioned, "I-I'm not doing anything wrong am I?"
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Lila:
I snuggled a bit closer to his arm and smiled at him, round two.
I directed us to the more snobbish characters, the ones that you could only take tiny doses of or you would rip the hair implants from their heads. You might as well get the worse over with as soon as possible so you could enjoy the good ones later.
Or at least be able to speak pleasantly with the moderately tolerable.
"Indeed."
"Quite right."
"You know, my nephew, Roberts Edwards Roberts the second, had a similar situations to that. Although not at all and it had to do with a horse, not a turtle frog."
Give it two more minutes and I'm going to act dizzy, ask if I'm okay and take me to get a drink, tell them I had to skip lunch or whatever... we must escape...
I thought to him desperately, my face remained in a bright smile.
I nodded to their nonsense while counting in my head, at the minute and a half point I started to wobble at bit, leaning against Olly.
My smile melted a bit and I brought a hand to my forehead with a little sigh.
It was a pretty good act, if I do say myself.

Johnny:
I looked down, a startled out of my thoughts.
She looked a bit frightened.
I smiled.
"No, no, I was just day dreaming a bit.... thinking, pondering, 'bout elf stuff. You're doing really well actually, light as a feather." I said.
A little 'ahem' from the background brought me back into reality, stopping me before I kissed her.
I blushed and let go of Robin, letting her get off my feet before running a hand through my hair.
"We should get back to math.."
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Olly: To be honest for the majority of that conversation I was just nodding along, smiling, adding in an occasional laugh when the time felt right and all whilst a little tune whistled away in my mind to stop me from going into a major killing rampage.
But as soon as she started to wobble, I put on my best fake face of concern.
"Oh my, Lila dear, are you alright?" I asked, helping her stay steady on her feet, "Sorry gentlemen but I think it might be best if I get this lady a drink. Do excuse us."
With a respectable nod to each one of those snobby idiots, I put my arm around her, helping to steer her to a chair which I sat her down upon gently all before gently lifting a glass of orange juice from a waiter's tray.
Very nice. Did you take acting classes? I asked, trying not to grin as I passed her the champagne glass.

Robin: I sighed as he let go of me. My little daydream of only us suddenly burst open to show reality: my jealous little sister scoffing her face full of my snack. She didn't even like squeeze cheese and crackers.
"I guess..." I murmured, grabbing my book and resting them on my lap as I sat down, Just would had been nice to be there for a little longer.
But I sighed. Elf stuff? I didn't need to ask. That was his business and his business alone. I had human stuff and he had elf stuff.
"When's Olly going to come back?"
I turned my head to Angie whose face was covered in processed cheese and frowned. She knew very well that he had moved out earlier that day. When I came home I told her and she started bawling her eyes out and stayed up in her room for about two hours. She only recently came down literally minutes before solving Johnny's math problem.
"I dunno," I sighed truthfully, "I expect that he won't be coming back to this house now. He's staying with Lila at the moment, up until the wedding at least."
The girl frowned, filling up another cracker, "Oh... When's the wedding?"
I didn't want to look up at her, but I knew that she was being innocent enough. But I could feel annoyance building up inside of me, causing me to grip my pencil a little harder than normal.
"Dunno," I swallowed, trying to concentrate my time and efforts on the algebraic equation.
There was a few moments of silence but I knew that she was going to ask something again and then I knew that I wasn't going to act lightly. She knew that I got wound up easily; she was just evil that she kept on doing that until I exploded. Then usually she'd go crawling to mom and I'd get into trouble because she can cry right there and then but I can't, leaving me to have all of her chores plus more.
But mom wasn't there.
"Because Lila's a princess does that mean that--"
"Shut up, shut up, shut up!"
I didn't realise that I had leapt up onto my feet, lowering my voice as well as my head to her level, hovering myself just above her, getting right into her face. In my hand, the pencil had snapped in half, my fists balled up. I didn't need a mirror to know that I was pulling my seriously peed face, the one where my entire face goes crimson and my nostrils start flaring; not a pretty sight. Angie's face of pure terror told me all that I needed to know. But as she scrambled off, my features relaxed as a sudden wash of guilt drove itself over me both towards Angie for obvious reasons and Johnny as he just saw me do that.
"I-I'm so sorry..." I murmured, "I don't usually do that."
I sank back down into my seat, unable to look at him. That was one thing that I was scared of him seeing, me exploding like that. I knew that it was going to happen at some point or another, just I didn't want it to happen then, when I had accused him of cheating. I didn't want him to think that, just in one day, I was an insane loon. Sure, every person thought that about the whole Parlour household...but I hoped that Johnny wouldn't.
"Sorry for making you feel awkward, I just..."
I trailed off, wondering where to begin. But as I did, I realised something. And I had to blink a couple of times to register it in my mind.
The shards of broken pencil, my crackers, the mug of mine that was on the side as well as its stone cold contents, was floating, just a few inches off of the ground, against gravity. I swallowed as I saw it all, but every last piece was then beginning to settle down again as my rage cooled off.
"It's too much for me. She is too much for me. I snap occasionally. Her picking doesn't help that..." I whispered, peering down at the space which she was in as I dragged my knees up to my chest, "...nor does the fact that everything around me is falling apart."
I tried on a smirk, hitting down the flying pieces of lead down to the floor. I didn't even think that it was possible to do that. But as the grin quickly disappeared, my chin rested itself on top of my knees as I tried to hold myself together, wrapping myself into a tight ball as I fought the urge to spill a bucket load of tears. I couldn't even turn to face him.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:10 am

Lila:
I smiled at his compliment and took a sip of the drink he offered, taking a large unladylike gulp. I licked my lips and let out a breath of air as a few servants began to gather, I already knew they were just getting ready to announce that dinner was ready.
Not a single one, you tend to get good at lying when you're in a position where you need to lie a lot. This is pretty much the same, you learn the skills you need... you were quite convincing as well.. She thought at him.
She stood as the crowd was silenced by a bell.
Dinner.
I grabbed Olly's arm and pressed myself against him for a moment, stealing a kiss while everyone's attention was elsewhere.
I pulled away quickly and handed him a napkin, my body heading towards the dining room.
"Take your bathroom break now, you won't get another chance." She whispered over her shoulder.

Johnny:
I sat back, trying to distance myself from the sibling rivalry. It didn't take a mind reader to sense the tension in the room, I hid a wince when Angie pushed Robin a bit further with another question.
What really surprised me was when several things began to float as Robin let out an outburst. Frankly it scared me a bit but I was able to banish that almost as fast as it appeared, this was Robin I was thinking about.
She cooled down almost as quick as she heated up, her face seemed utterly distraught as she glanced at me.
The various items settled back down slowly and I approached her slowly, she seemed miserable.
Robin had a good reason for a short temper, her emotions were a bit strained and most likely heightened from the magic that was slowly growing inside her, I could imagine Molly went through this too, though she had Lilith to teach her how to control her emotions. Robin also had her brother to worry about, with all that on her shoulders I could easily empathize with her.
I crouched before her, and smiled.
"Don't even worry about that, or me... I love you, I know you're under a lot of pressure, I understand that.. I'll be by your side through this. Need anything?" I offered.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:37 am

Olly: "I was just doing my job..." I smirked at her compliment, murmuring it mostly to myself.
But my attentions turned to the sound of the bell, though they quickly shifted back as I felt her body press lightly against mine, her lips snagging mine just at that moment. Only for that moment, though. And as she walked off, my brow raised to her, wondering what was going on in her mind. Toilet break? Napkin? I looked down to it. As far as I was concerned it was an ordinary napkin.
Was that the gift?
With a sigh, I dismissed myself, heading for the toilet which I last visited at that delightful luncheon a few days before. Shutting the door behind me, I sighed, setting down the napkin on the side.
"Now what do we have here...?"

Robin: Slowly, I shook my head, peering back up to him. A small smile somehow made its way onto my lips. He didn't even move a muscle, well, only to move away from the boiling catastrophe that was the relationship between my little sister and I. I unravelled my arms, letting my legs flop down, relaxed.
"No..." I murmured, "Just stay here."
That was all that I wanted. Just for him to be near. It was always the aftermath that I hated, when I always felt my darkest, when Angie ran off crying and I was left feeling like a monster. Usually Olly would clean up the mess that I had turned into, wiping away my tears with an empathic smile on his face. He was the only one that got me in the house, the only one who actually could withstand me for more than a few moments.
It was then when I got onto my knees, draping my arms around him, my body yearning for some sort of comfort, the sort that only a human could give. It must have been the millionth time that I had done that today but everything was going crazy, everything going down the path of fate.
It sucked how it all happened then in that short space of time, everyone leaving., the people who I cared about most. First Molly then Olly. I just prayed that Johnny wouldn't be added onto the end of that list.
"Can you promise me something?" I sniffed, trying my hardest to fight back the tears, "Don't leave me. I don't think that I can be left alone..."
At that moment, I lost the internal battle with the floodgates, letting the droplets spill out from my eyes. My arms held him tighter, not wanting to let go. I wanted to stay in his arms for the rest of eternity, or at least until I felt as though I could walk on my own again, when I was emotionally up for it.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:13 am

Lila:
I sat at the table with a smile on my face, the polite chatter paused for the moment as the waiters handed out the menus. I glanced over my shoulder to the door, I really hoped he got the message, sure I had hidden it with a little bit of magic but I was pretty sure he could get it. A simple set of directions sat on the napkin, when they weren't hidden, they were easy enough to follow.
I glanced to the empty seat beside me then to my father and mother, who both seemed a little less frigid to each other than usual.
Maybe they finally remembered that one thing they had in common: me.
I said nothing and kept a smile on my face, hoping that Olly would returned before a conversation was started up.
With him beside me at least I could tell someone my true feelings without being thought rude or unladylike.
At least I could be me on the inside.
I shoved those thoughts away while ordering, hoping Olly didn't hear them, he was far enough away, right?

Johnny:
I sat back and hugged her close, my lips kissed to her hair in our tight embrace.
"I promise...." I whispered.
I rubbed her back, letting her cry.
Tears were good, they let out the pain and made you stronger.
I whispered small sweet nothings as she cried, letting her get it all out in one big emotional explosion, as it were. I thought back to my family leaving and how I was just angry, I was angry for the longest time.
Robin didn't need to know the truth, nobody did.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 am

Olly: I unfolded the napkin fully, flopping it about to see if anything was inside of it or if any writing was on it. After a couple of moments, I frowned, realising that there was nothing there.
"What an anti-climax."
But just as I whispered that, Lila's thoughts came through almost right on time.
...little bit of magic...
She had put a spell on it? How was I to break it? She said, well, thought that it wasn't hard. Maybe she didn't realise that I hadn't been trained in any sort of magical way. Everyone else probably had some knowledge of magic and things like that but I didn't. I thought I was normal.
"Brilliant, no gift then," I muttered, going forth to wash my hands, "Ah, shoot!"
I accidentally dragged the napkin in too, soaking it in the water with a grumble of cuss words. But as I picked it up, I realised something.
The writing had appeared.
"Aha," I smirked, wringing it out, "What does this say?"
Quickly glancing over them, I nodded, remembering each step. It was just a trail of instructions, something that was supposed to leave me to my "gift".
I hadn't been on a treasure hunt in years.
I hoped that there were treats only the way.
But with a sigh, I filed my fingers through my hair, sorting it out so I looked proper dapper, like, and headed out, taking the first right, down the corridor and then the second left, to a door underneath the lion head. On the napkin it stated that the gift was in there.
I peered around, searching the area for any person that might have been watching or following me. Anyway, I would probably have heard their thoughts before seeing them. But, with a final breath, I yanked open the door.

Robin: I didn't know how long I had cried for, but it was certainly long enough for me to completely drench his shoulder with my tears. I could say that it was fortunate that his shirt was black otherwise my mascara - falsely labelled as "waterproof" - would have ruined it.
"Thank you," I murmured, turning my neck to kiss his lightly, lingering just a little to nuzzle into it.
I pulled myself back, peeling out of his grip with a sigh. Now I didn't know what to do. I guessed that algebra was the best thing. I was sure that Angie was balling in her bed or throwing a rage, both things that I would have to clean up later. But as I peered up to the clock on the mantelpiece, I grimaced, realising the time.
Mom would be back from work any moment.
I had dropped her a text saying that Johnny was there helping with homework but I didn't know whether she would have gotten it or not seeing as she has hardly any clue on how to use it.
Seriously, I expect that Natalie was both twice her age and thrice as good as her with mobiles.
At least that made me smile.
"I'm gonna put the kettle on," I announced with another sigh, already standing up, "Do you want anything at all?"
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:19 am

Lila:
I smiled all around and stood, excusing myself to the little ladies' room. He was taking a bit longer than I had expected, then again he was in for a big surprise. I had made sure they stocked the little room with as many books and relics as possible, as a little sanctuary of knowledge.
I hoped he liked it.
There was a couch and a personal office in there for him too.
A place for him to escape.
A wedding gift, that's what I told my mother anyway.
I wrung her hands together as I walked towards the room, the door was open.
That was a good sign.
Maybe I was way off base, maybe he'd hate it.
I didn't really know him well enough for a proper gift, I almost smacked herself. I should have waited a bit longer. I should have found out more about him before just springing something like this on him. The silence only crawled up her legs and stung her with more fear.
She grimaced.
"Sorry... I thought you'd like it... I... It's okay if you hate it.." She murmured,

Johnny:
I finally got up, stretching my cramped back.
I didn't mind comforting her, not at all, but I had to admit the angle I was at was a bit awkward for me. I smiled at her, glad she was better, or at least back to normal for now.
At her offer I shook my head and glanced at the clock.
"I'm fine, it would only keep me up for hours... caffeine... not so great for me, as you found out earlier today... Funny, warriors of a long time back used to have hot chocolate before battles to keep them energized.. I better get going though, you're mom's home soon." I said, smiling at her.
I also kind of wanted to change my shirt, it was a bit damp and sticky.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 am

Olly: The instant that I say what it was, I couldn't hide a grin on my face. From what I could tell from first glances it was a little library, stacked with a variety of books. On closer inspection they were mostly things about mystical creatures and traditions, things that I probably needed to swot up in. There was even a plush-looking couch and a desk set up in the corner, already lined with paper and stationary. It looked like I had my own little study... I had turned into a proper man.
"What? Why would I hate it?" I asked, turning as I heard her voice, "I love it. Not what I was expecting, last thing in fact but... No, this is amazing. Thank you."
I turned to face her, showing her my smile of pure happiness as I draped my arms around her. Gently, I lifted her chin, kissing her on the lips to show my appreciation.
"Did I have to get you something?" I questioned, half-serious half-not.
Hell this was an engagement thing and I hadn't gotten her a ring. I didn't know if I was meant to or what... I didn't know how arranged marriages were organised.

Robin: Yeah, no caffeine, no sugar, no fun for Mr. Elf there. I still didn't know how he survived. I would have been dead by then if I wasn't allowed any stimulants like that. Hell, I was pretty sure that the majority of people would have been.
"It didn't necessarily have to be a hit drink but...fine," I shrugged, filling up the kettle, "You don't have to go, you know? My mom said whenever you want to come around is okay with her. But if you want to...fine."
Picking out three mugs from the cupboard, I sighed as I looked inside. All of Olly's had gone from there, every Star Wars and X-Men cups we owned were probably at Lila's now being make-shift pencil pots to store all of his things. Hell, I didn't know.
"Seeing as you're an elf and this thing is a part of your tribe, you're not invited to the wedding, are you?" I asked, plopping in the tea bags.
I would undoubtedly be forced to go and the rest of our family was minimal. Other than my mom, Olly and Angie we literallly had just one aunt who we hardly ever talk to ever since The Big Fight and her two twin boys, Chris and Ricky. That meant by the fact that Olly would be busy, Angie would be running around causing havoc and making it her personal mission to talk to every person in the room, Mom would probably be mingling with the other people and getting to know the in-laws and the other three might not ever get an invite... I would probably be sitting there drinking orange juice all night on my own... But then again I didn't know if there was some sort of social taboo where him and I being there together was against the rules. He never talked about the wedding, anyways. I could only assume.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Lila:
Relief first, surprise second, and confusion third.
Relief for the fact that he actually liked my gift and didn't hate me, which calmed my who nervous system down. I was pretty mellow until his lips brushed mine in a kiss, one that caught me off guard and made my toes numb.
It was a bit too quick though, I put up a mental wall as fast as possible so he couldn't read what was forming a blush on my cheeks.
I made that wall pretty solid, my thoughts would only make things awkward.
Finally, confusion set in at his question.
He thought he had to get me something?
"No, don't worry, I don't want anything. Plus, it'd be too much trouble and I have troubled you enough... with everything that's happening..." I looked to the side.
The happy thoughts behind my wall vanishing and a bit of guilt set in.
"Anyway... What were you expecting? Me drenched in chocolate?" I asked, joking at the end.
I glanced to the clock in the corner, we had a lot of clocks on our estate, and estimated a few more minutes before people would get suspicious.
Meh.
Let 'em.

Johnny:
I sighed sadly, "I do have to go, I like to check on Natalie once and a while to make sure she remembered to take her medication, she forgets sometimes... I am invited as I am clan related, you guys should be too, being his family and all. I will only be going to the reception as the after party is for the closely related and most important, all of which I am not.... and Robin? It's not that I want to leave, I just worry sometimes... y'know?"
I looked at her searching for a bit of understanding rather than her sad 'kicked puppy' eyes as I put away my books.
I pulled off my shirt after grabbing my jacket, the sticky sensation from the grimy shirt not really making me feel comfortable, and slipped the jacket on. I kept it unzipped as I stuffed my shirt into the bag and looked up to Robin with a small grin.
"I'll be going... can I have a kiss?" I asked.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Olly: A small wash of relief came over me as she said the good news. That would have been really awkward, everyone staring at me as they expected me to get down on one knee, a giant diamond ring in a plush blue velvet box...
To be honest, with me being a romantic guy at heart, I always thought that I would propose, somewhere romantic and quiet, maybe with a string quartet in the background playing 'our' song. 
But, snapping back to reality, I grinned, shaking my head, "I dunno, just not something as big as this. I thought like maybe a single book, not a whole room full of them, plus a few other bits... But I was expecting the whole chocolate thing a little later."
With a wink at her, I couldn't help but laugh. Sure, there was a little something in the back of my mind that was hoping for something along those lines however it wasn't my first wish. Really...
Okay, maybe it wasn't right at the back of my mind...
"Anyway, I guess that we should get back," I muttered, frowning slightly, "It is our little party, eh?"
I began to offer her my arm then withdrew it back. If we walked in together then they might have thought that - due to the amount of time that we had been away - we were up to something and not in the little cowboy's room. But, with a small mental roll of eyes to myself, I offered it up once again.
"Shall we?"

Robin: I sighed when he gave his little speech. He was too sweet, checking up on an old lady. Sure he was going there instead of staying with me but...it could have been worse.
I somewhat forgave him though; I got to see that pack he was hiding under his shirt, the ones that I was sure I felt whenever I let my hands wander. Yes, my eyes were glued to his chest but I hoped that he wouldn't mind; he should have been flattered. 
"I know, I know, Mr. Worry Guts," I murmured, creeping closer to him, with a grin, "Just don't worry too much; life's not fun when you do."
Gingerly, I rested my hands on his abs, my sights watching as I did so. After stroking his toned muscles for a few moments, I let out another sigh, trailing my hands upwards, over his chest and locked my grips behind his neck before firmly planting a kiss on his lips. 
It was just a shame that he wouldn't be there for the reception; that was when I would need him. I expected that during the actual ceremony I would be too busy making sure that my mom wasn't crying so much that she looked like a mess and that Angie wasn't doing anything...Angie-ish. It could have been worse, though.
"I'll see you later," I whispered, gently pulling away to hover my lips above his, "Might drop you a text if you're lucky enough."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Lila:
I blushed a red but managed to give him a little grin in return. It wasn't like I hated him thinking about me in that way, maybe I liked it, maybe just a little bit.
The way his eyes sparkled just a little bit made my skin shiver just a bit, I made sure my wall was up.
My thoughts were quickly going south, in more ways than one.
I was pulled back when he offered his arm, looking a bit hesitant at first and then neutral.
I pushed his arm down, a little grin on my red stained lips.
"I'd love to accompany you back to the dining hall but people might get suspicious and rumors are stronger than swords here. You can go first and I'll follow after a few moments.... when you take your seat, ah, just don't ask about my father's hunting trips, no matter how much he hints to them. You will not be able to leave." I warned.
I took a few steps back and leaned against a book case, my arms crossing.
I offered him a little finger wave before glancing at the clock again.

Johnny:
My lips were pressed as her fingers brushed against my skin, they were a bit cold but they were making me a bit too hot.
I was very glad when her lips touched mine, when they parted, I kept my arms around her.
"Then I have to hope I'm very lucky. I love you.." I murmured, planting another kiss on her lips before breaking the embrace and zipping up my jacket.
I slung my bag over my shoulder and put my helmet on as I exited her house, I gave her one last wave before kicking the the kickstand up and turning on my bike.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:39 am

Olly: And that was why she was smarter than me.
"Don't ask your dad about hunting trips: got it," I nodded, a grin on my face still, "I'll see you in a bit then."
And with a wink back, I straightened my suit up and began the trek back to the dining room and found my seat, right up the front on the same table as her parents who I offered a respectful nod to on my return seeing as they were comparing the choices on the menu, trying to select the perfect dishes which complimented one another. And as I opened the menu, I got the shock of my life.
I didn't know what half of the things were... I'd need to ask Lila when she got back. The fanciest thing that I've ever had was that caviar which I stole from off of the corner of her mouth.

Robin: "Love you too," I murmured, waving him off from the doorway, "Stay safe."
And just as soon as he shot out of sight, the red saloon that I knew very well pulled up into the drive, a tired-looking Mom in the driver's seat who gave me a small smile.
"Just missed him, did I?" she asked, shutting the door behind her, "I was going to get take out tonight, a little celebration for Olly and Lila, y'know"?"
Wait, what?
She grinned, reading my shocked features like a book.
"He's engaged, but I'm sure that he told you. I got a telegram at work with news about it, delivered by one of the messengers. You should have seen Bab's face when he walked in, looking like he was from the Middle Ages...but let's continue this inside, I need a cup of coffee."
And as she slipped into the house, I had to blink a couple of times to register what she had just said. She got a telegram saying that Olly was engaged and she wasn't freaking out?... Who was she?

Oh, I should tell you. From Monday I'm going on holiday for two weeks with no internet connection. If I get to a WiFi spot I'll see if I can reply but, yeah... Sorry :S
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Lila:
I counted to ten before following him in, I stopped by a few tables to say hi and such but I was back at the table within a few minutes.
I slid into my seat next to Olly with a smile to everyone, a nod let them back into their conversations.
I turned my face to Olly's ever so confused one, it was cute.
I hid my smile with my hand.
"Everything alright?" I asked, my voice low.
I glanced back at my parents but they seemed to be discussing something else quite fervently, their normal whisper war had begun.
I closed my eyes for a moment to block out their polite bickering and then looked at Olly a sadder smile on my face.
It's the menu isn't it ?

Molly: I laid on the grass in my normal park, the green dress I made that first night with Fergie hugging my body. I felt normal for once.
I was clean, though a little teary eyed, and the sun was nice.
It had been a few hours since I had seen Fergie and Jeffery, my head was still a bit conflicted, the want to be strong and the disappointment within myself and whatnot.
I sighed.
At least I could sneak out once in a while, sure when I left like this she knew about it, but she gave me a bit of slack after missions.
She wasn't all that bad.
Still pretty bad though.

(No worries at all- gives me time to cook up a super long amazing response for you- like you usually do for me... Razz I'm getting better Wink
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next