Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 42 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 42 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 84 on Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:58 am
Latest topics
» A Message For You
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

3 posters

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm (hopefully if everything goes well) going to do maths at Uni. I don't mind maths but I find it easy enough. But have fun with it hehe

Olly: She really didn't want to know.
Well, actually, to fix that statement, I really didn't want her to know. If she found out that that was what I was think of... I didn't want to held accountable for her reaction. In truth, I didn't even know how she would have reacted to that, but it couldn't have been positive.
I'll tell you if I win this little competition here, alright? If not then it'll remain between me and my mind.
If it was possible, I sent her a little mental wink... Okay, that sounded crazy, but it kind of worked. Plus with her sudden rememberance of our little moment a little while back... I couldn't help but grin.

OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by bookcrazI Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks for that laugh.. :/
I like my teacher though and good luck at Uni!

Lila:
I blushed.
He caught that, did he?
Fine... you better win then. I thought at him, a grin on my face.
I winked at him from where I was sitting when no one was looking then quickly began a conversation with the noble to my right.
She was some prissy chick that claimed to my friend, though I was pretty sure that she was only here for the status of being called 'The Princess' friend'.
I may be cynical at times but really when you know no one in a room really likes the real you, you tend to become a bit darker in the thought area.
14 minutes.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Location : Hell... there are so many screaming children here....

Character Sheet
Name: Zem Grayson
Race: Human Kinsmen

http://stuff-fluffcoolcats.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Not a problem, but at least that's a plus. Thanks...and hold your horses! I'm not going there for another two or three years, depending. I have college as an obstacle first. Oh joy of joys :/

Olly: Oh really? She just wanted me to win solely because then she'd get to know about what I was thinking... Maybe I shouldn't have made that little promise.
But with a sigh, I drained my bottle of water, wiping away the remnants from my top lip. They couldn't have picked a better day to hold this shindig on, actually, what with the weather. It wasn't boiling hot but it was just nice, something which was survivable and there was a nice subtle breeze rolling on through, cooling everyone down. It was as if they knew.
And as the minutes rolled on by, Greg began to look more and more like his cocky old self. With ten minutes to go he was chuckling like there was no tomorrow, like a really snobby chuckle. If I laughed like that I would have shot myself.
No pressure, I grinned to myself, happy that her thoughts were echoing through my mind, You just enjoy the show, Princess. I'll make it worth watching, I assure you.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Razz
I think it works a bit differently in Canada.. We don't have college.. just University... So you're... a freshman?
Sorry- we don't have those title thingys in Canada either... You'd think I would know cause I'm 'merican too.. but no..

Jim hustled back to Olly, it was near the starting time and the Queen would have no delays.
"Okay, sir, we must make our way to the starting point." He said, guiding him to correct location.

Lila:
I sent him a mental hug, as best as I could, and went back to the dull conversation I was having.
My mother would start this race, as she was second in power and my father would start the last.
My job was over, all I could do was wait, hope and wait.

bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:59 am

I know it's different than US and I'm pretty sure it's different from Canada.
Right, in the UK it's...
Nursery: Age 2 - 4 (I think)
Primary: Reception - Year 6, Age 4 - 11
Secondary: Year 7 - Year 11, Age 11 - 16. Gets GCSEs and/or BTECs
College: Two years. It used to be a choice whether you wanted to go or not but it has become law for everyone to stay in education until they're eighteen. I don't have to but the people who are a year below have to. The majority of people in the UK go to college after secondary school anyway. Get A Levels and/or BTECs
Uni: Depends on the course you're doing but it's often four years long, for any age. People usually go after they've done A Levels at College and do it to further your education etc.
But we have no labels like 'Freshman', just Year 7, Year 9 and so on, but when you get to college that disappears as it's all different ages mixed in together. I have no idea what any of those mean, those Freshman, Junior, Senior and...Sophomore? I had to get someone to explain it to me for a chat that was based in a school once...
But I hope I've explained the school system over here.

Olly: ...did she just hug me? Mentally? And I thought that telepathically winking was weird.
"Okay, thanks," I nodded to Jim, walking over with him to the new area.
If had remembered correctly this was going to be that knowledge course, whatever the hell that was. I knew that I wasn't going to find it as easy as the race, but it was still something that I was going to give my all in...
That sounded really cheesy, right?
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 am

Yeah- very helpful- and interesting!
Want to know about ours?

Lila:
I leaned back and watched as my mother held up the gun in her manicured hand. It seemed almost comical to me, my mother, who has never needed to work nor dirty her hands, held a gun, which was the sign of dirty work or protection.
It might have just been me who found it funny.
Or maybe ironic, ironic was probably a better word.
I flinched slightly when she shot the gun, my nerves jumping a bit at the loud noise.
I could get use to it if I had to.
That's what the war would be like, that and screaming.
The war would start if I ran away.
Would it have guns rather than traditional Elven fighting?
Who knew?
Would anyone know?
I grimaced, if I ran away they'd know.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:46 am

Yeah, sure, I wouldn't mind if you did Smile

Olly: I nodded at the fully recovered Greg before the race began. Though he physically looked like he had fully gotten over it, there were still little tweaks in his mind. I'm sure if I was nice I could have sorted them out, or at least have given a shot at it, but y'know, the gun signalling the start of the race and everything...
What do I do here?
I raced forward off of the line with Greg, neck-in-neck, just as we had started our last race. Funny how he fancied himself to be superior in every way yet I was keeping up with him perfectly fine... He didn't seem happy about that fact, though.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:32 pm

So we start off with kindergarten and preschool both are ages 4-6
Then grade 1 starts at 6
and we go all the way to grade 12 and that's when you're about 17-18.
It's pretty simple, elementary school is usually grades 1- 5
middle school is grades 6-8
and high school is 9-12
We then, after graduating grade 12, choose to go to Uni or whatever, after that it's pretty much up to you.

Lila:
The last race had been primarily physical blockages with only a taste of mental blockages but this race was the other way around.
If you didn't get your mind together then this was the race that broke you.
I grimaced.
Poor Greg had to go through the mental traumas again, if you keep everything in your locked up, one it's unlocked a new world opens and you're just not the same.
You're just a little bit weaker.
I sighed, I didn't want to wish him luck but I didn't want to be the reason he spent the rest of his life in intensive therapy.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, it was my prom :3

Olly: So all mental blocks? This was going to be fun. However, if I had to see my ideal family again I might have blown it.
Hey, our family was split up and torn apart. All I wanted was something normal...then I found out that I could read minds.
The first obstacle came into view. There were two separate tunnels each with a door, one red, one blue, both slightly open. Behind the red, something which I would call heaven: a room of cake...and Megan Fox wearing nothing but an apron... Nice.
Behind the blue, nothing but darkness and cracking lightening slashing across the scene. I jumped a little every time I heard it, my eyes flickering about untrustingly. If I had one phobia it was that.
Between the two read a sign: One holds the truth, the other a lie. One is easy, the other a challenge. Nothing is ever as it seems.
I swallowed. If it was anything like the movies then the red door would be a booby trap or something which would hinder my progress. I had seen enough like that to know...which meant facing the storm.
Wish me luck...
Without seeing what Greg was doing, I bit my lip and ran into the darkness.
Lila was worth it.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Np- How was it? Was it magical... my school doesn't have prom... and all the guys are assholes.. It's a really small school..

Lila:
I watched, a bit frightened, my knuckles white from gripping the arms of my chairs.
I was the only one really watching the race.
The fact was only the participants could see what was going on, we only got to see the competitors and their reactions.
From the determined look Olly gave he wasn't too happy with the choice he made as he ran through the first door.
Greg looked a bit too happy for a while, strolling around instead of running, you could see after a moment there was panic in his eyes but he held his mouth to cover a scream.
His choice was probably the bad one.
I bit my lip and watched, there was only one more race, unless Olly won this one, if he did he would win by default.
I held my breath and watched.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Yeah, it was pretty good actually. My legs ached afterwards from dancing so much. And so are the majority of the guys in my school, but there's a few gems there. It was just annoying that the guy that I've liked for about five years but have never had the guts to really talk to didn't go... Sigh.

Olly: Deep breathes, Olly. That's all you need to do... Keep breathing...
I had never ran so fast in my life as I did then. Fear mixed with determination to drive me through the darkness. Sure, I jumped every time I heard the lightening crack or the the thunder boom but I had to go forward.
But Greg's thoughts were racing in my mind. He chose his fantasy world, filled with paparazzi and topless girls all which he was dressed in designer labels...then it all went wrong.
I didn't know exactly what had happened but he was screaming like a girl about clowns.
Brilliant.
But then something that I didn't expect to happen occurred.
The door swung from behind me, a little light cascading into the darkness. I dared to look back only to see Greg running at the speed of light towards me, a look of pure fear all over his features. I felt sorry for him, but as I said, fear can make you run hell of a lot faster than greed.
And the worst thing was that he was catching up on me.
I pushed forward, holding my head down, concentrating on my goal ahead. If I won this race then I won the whole thing. It would all be over, just like that...
Another door was quickly coming into view, light creeping out from around its edges. I quickly approached, trying to find the handle to open it, but it cost me time, something which I had ran out of.
As I swung it open, Greg smirked, preparing himself. The next thing I knew I was on the floor with a mouth full of grass and dirt, spitting it out.
"The git tackled me."
But by the time I had stumbled onto my feet, it was all over. Greg was celebrating his victory...
"Ah, shit!"
I looked down to my leg. It didn't look broken or anything, but it definitely was throbbing like a bitch. I clasped onto it as I bravely hobbled up to the line, pretending that I was fine, clamping my teeth down on my lip to stop me from yelping in pain. I shot a look over to Lila as I did, one of slight worry.
Sure, Greg was injured mentally and probably would be having a shrink to talk to in the near future, but my leg was definitely putting me at a disadvantage.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Aw, that sucks... I'm useless around guys, I stutter and I look everywhere but in their face... Then I end up blushing and nothing comes out right..
I'm working on it though.
My friend's boyfriend is awesome and he's my bro- first guy friend- so I'm getting better...

Lila:
I frowned, Greg had one.
He had injured Olly to do it.
I held back a growl and watched Olly's team scurry towards him with supplies.
If I wasn't so sure that Olly would win I would have gone and kicked Greg in his family jewels for playing dirty.
The bastard.

Jim hurried over to Olly and took no time in checking out his ankle and leg, the other butlers handing water to Olly and drying the sweat off his forehead.
"Oh, it's simply a twist, this will fix it." Jim declared, holding a tube of something in his gloved hand.
He squeezed a bit of the pink paste onto Olly's bare leg and rubbed it in, with his gloves on.
Modesty was the top of most things, especially as a butler.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:52 am

N'awww. I have had guy friends literally all of my life so I'm fine around them. It's just this one guy where I suddenly blank and stutter and argh... But we're not going to the shame college so I won't ever see him again unless we cross paths in town.

Olly: "Thanks," I murmured, gritting my teeth slightly from the throbbing.
It was fortunate that they could fix it otherwise I would probably have been out of the running completely seeing as the last race was swimming. It was also extremely fortunate that swimming was something that I particularly enjoyed. If there was one race which I was confident in, it was in anything to do with water.
But I looked up from Jim to peer up at Greg who was busy being congratulated by his team members and soaking in the attention. He was a git. He did it on purpose, he knew it. It was the only way in which he could win...
But I wasn't going to play dirty. If I was going to win it was going to be fairly. And damn I was determined to win that thing.
As he walked back to his blue area, he didn't even look back at me. He was far too focused on his victory. If there wasn't a load of people watching then I would have gone over and given him a piece of my mind.
"There you go, Sir. As good as new," Jim announced, snapping off the glove, "It just might feel a bit numb for the next few minutes. It'll certainly be fine before the next race."
With some help from another butler or two, I got up onto my feet and sure enough it was fine. It just felt like I had been sitting on it for too long where the blood couldn't properly get to it. I could walk fine enough, it just felt a bit weird. But within a few moments I was back to my area.
"Thanks," I nodded to all of the butlers again, "How long is it until the next race?"
"About half an hour," I was informed as he passed me a bottle of water, "Anything else."
But with a shake of my head I sighed and sat down in my chair.
Well that was a load of bull.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Aww...
Or you could.. y'know.. stalk him..

Lila:
What a bastard... I would kill him before I ever got the chance to marry him... or maybe I'd just run away.. Never mind that.. how's your leg? It was a pretty bad tackle.
She thought at him, glad they could at least talk like this.
Her favorite image of beating her suitor with a teapot came back into her mind and summoned a dark laugh, sure it caused every noble within a three foot radius to step away but it was worth it.
She didn't like the way their perfume and cologne choked her anyway.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Mmm...On Facebook. It's just that whenever I see his name crop up I always get the heart fluttering and I'm too nervous to even say hi... Gah.

Olly: I had to hold back a laugh as her little mental image wafted into my brain, holding a teapot whilst Greg was on the floor lying in his own blood. The guy was truly a dick.
I know. And as for the marrying Greg thing, I'm not out of the running just yet. It was twisted apparently but that cream stuff has sorted it out. It feels as good as new. The swim will be easy enough...unless they put sharks in the water.
Tittering to myself, I got a few weird looks from the other butlers not knowing what I was doing. I probably looked like a loon... Hey, I could have just said that I got a mild blow to the head when that git tackled me to the floor. They'd never know.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:50 pm

lol.. XP

Lila:
I blushed, he was trying to win for me.
I glanced around at the people staring, that's what you got for smiling and blushing at yourself.
Great.
Good luck... I don't know about the sharks bit, but I doubt it. I'm almost completely sure this is just a straight race, no obstacles just pure... physique.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Not really! It's a serious matter... He's too frickin' perfect.

Olly: I chewed into my lip as I realised what I said, that and I could see the strange looks that she was getting from out of the corner of my eye.
Thanks. And good, that's just what I need to win this. No stupid worst phobia business... Turns out that Gregory doesn't like clowns, either. I could never understand what was so good about them, but I wouldn't say that I would go as far as to say that they're frightening monsters. Oh, and you should know, I am a rather physical guy.
That sounded a bit wrong but I couldn't take it back. It was just a good thing that Jim was walking over to guide me towards the last course.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:23 pm

No- I mean it's funny how our situations are so different- I wish you as much luck as possible Smile
..I am truly envious

Lila:
He was a physical guy?
Her face went stony on the outside but on the inside she was struggling not to imagine and picture his words into a scene.
She didn't need him to see that.
Was what he said intentional?
She bit her lip to hold back more emotions.
The race was beginning in a few minutes and my father stepped forward from his viewing throne.
He raised his bejeweled hands and sent his eyes over the final track.
"The winner takes my daughter and becomes my son in law, fight well men and keep true." His low voice boomed.
With the end to his short speech he lowered his hands and trumpets sounded, signalling the start of the race.
I gripped the armrests of my chair tightly with anticipation.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Oh, thanks. Really? You're envious of me? I've never had a boyfriend nor have even had my first kiss yet. It's getting boring when everyone around me is getting into relationships when I'm sitting there on my lonesome. I'm sick of being the third wheel... Sorry if I'm coming off as a bit of a jerk, its just that I'd thought by now I would have at have experienced something meaningful like that, being in a relationship. Maybe if I actually have some nerve to talk to him or anybody else for that matter I'd be telling a different story...
What's your situation? As far as I can deduce from what you've already said its the same apart from I have a few more guy friends Razz

Olly: As far as I could tell, it was a straight swim, there fifty metres, back fifty metres, much like it was in the Olympics. This, unlike the other things, was something which I had faced before: a freestyle race. Whoever won would marry Lila...
My God I had never been so nervous as I was right then.
Her father looked like a powerful man, though; that was the first time that I had seen him. He looked like your classic kind, complete with a bushy grey beard, a million rings and a crown. You could tell that Lila was his daughter, though; they had the same nose, eyes and general face shape.
And at the sound of the trumpets, I dove in, not daring to look over at Greg. All I needed to do was stay focused on the task ahead, nothing else. I knew that I was a strong swimmer. I could wallop him easily.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Well, yeah, I haven't had my first kiss or even my first date which means I obviously haven't had a boyfriend yet.
So you're pretty good at deducing things ;p
You're not coming off as a jerk in anyway! I feel a bit lonely sometimes too, but I personally don't really need a boyfriend...
I don't really think that it'd last long anyway because all I would be having a relationship for would be for the sake of having relationship (I find that's what most highschool romances are anyway) I guess I just need to find that 'too frickin perfect guy' before I start to really care.

Lila: I inched forward, my breath caught in my throat and eyes glued on Olly.
It was close.
Neck and Neck.
I closed my eyes, it was hard to watch...but I had to watch.
I had to watch him win.
I opened my eyes.
He was inching forward, just a bit faster than Gregory.
You can do it! I believe in you!
I thought ecstatically.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:17 pm

I'll agree on that fact, the one about high school people only being in relationships because they can. And as for the frickin perfect guy, he is everything and more than I could want in a guy. You know when you're younger and you and your friend describe to one another what your ideal would be like? Literally everything that I said was true with him. Dark hair and eyes, musician (plays guitar, drums and sings) and in a band, funny, good-looking... But I also found out that he was, and possibly still is, in love with one of my best friends. She knows now though and was really sorry when she found out... But I'm rambling.
I'm sure that you'll find that guy, though I hope that you have better luck and courage to talk to them. But you never know who might be that diamond in the rough.

Olly: I pushed harder, faster, determined to win this race, all with Lila's encouragement ringing in my ears.
She believed in me that I could do this.
She wanted me to win.
She wanted me to win?
That must mean that she liked me.
Like, genuinely liked me.
Whoa.
And with those though rushing through my mind, I quickly turned and bounced off of the wall, all without a single blunder or error. That was fifty metres done, just another fifty to go. I wasn't even breaking a sweat. But, you know what they say, sport is ten percent physical, ninety percent mental. If Lila believed that I could do it then I had nothing stopping me...apart from Greg, but he was nothing. He was too busy worrying about me being slightly ahead.

Oh, and do we want Olly to win?
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks for your luck and I wish a bunch for you!

Lila:
I couldn't contain my grin, it was growing on my face.
I just pushed it off as adrenaline to those who looked at me funny, I enjoyed races, was what I'd say.
Well, when words could form into proper sentences rather than shouts.

(I think that'd be okay, that gives us some nice future conflict, possibly from the mentally broken Greg, and the whole marriage conflict.)
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks, I'm going to need it -.-

Olly: I continued forward, my strokes as strong as ever. I had been swimming since I was a little kid. All Parlour children were pretty adept swimmers and we were all a part of the swim team at point or another. Robin, believe it or not, was actually pretty promising at synchronised swimming, y'know, in groups. That phase of her life didn't last for too long.
I didn't know why I was thinking about that at the time but it was somehow keeping me focused on pushing on ahead. I couldn't here or see Greg at that point which was either a very good thing or a very bad one. But with a few more moments, I saw the tiled wall come into sight. I knew that it was a matter of seconds before I made it...
And as I did, and not before, a roar of cheering exploded.
Does that did I...
I dared to look up and, sure enough, all eyes were on me. I turned to look at Greg who had, just at that moment, tapped the wall.
That meant that I...
My God. I had beaten Greg. That meant that Lila and I would...
My mind couldn't formulate a response. All I could do was gracefully clamber out of the pool whilst Jim passed me a towel.
"Well done, Sir! I say, well done! We never doubted you for a moment!"
My lips couldn't hold back a smile as my eyes searched through the crowd, trying to find her. Sure, as it wasn't a hockey match there wasn't a load of screaming and cheering seeing as they were all royalty and nobles, but I could say that Lila could have easily been mistaken for someone like me.
The illusion that I saw what I has always imagined to be my perfect family, with you as my wife. I guess that illusion might be a reality now.

And done. Now let's see how the drama unfolds!...in the morning. I'm going to bed. Night.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 pm

Lila:
I blushed purple.
My father stood and made his way from his throne towards Olly, his aura was strong and the crowds immediately silenced as he strode forward, the black leather he wore contrasted with the red velvet coat he wore on top.
I took my place beside my mother in the background.
"Son, you have won my daughter's hand in marriage. This honor as well as that of becoming my son in law sit ahead of you. We wish for you to transfer your things to the palace so we can prepare you for the coming wedding. Come. Be joyous, you are a champion." The king declared, his voice thundering across the field.
The butlers quickly took charge of leading Olly away as my father headed to his office, he was no longer needed and nor was I. I was pushed away by tittering maids before a word could pass my lips to Olly, my thoughts too far away to reach him.
I could only glance behind me and hope Olly wasn't too overwhelmed.
Then it hit me.
I was going to marry Olly.
He had seen us married with kids.
He wanted kids.
I blushed.

KK <3
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Olly: Okay, her father scared me slightly, but at least I could see where she also got her fashion sense from. He was definitely a man which you didn't want to irritate.
But I couldn't really formulate a response to what he had said as my thoughts were too muddled, that and I was pretty exhausted after those three races and giving it my all. I took the water which Jim had offered me, turning to cool myself down before I dared to really say anything.
Then it hit me, like, really hit me.
I was going to marry Lila, a girl I hadn't even known for a month...
And I was going to have to move into that snoot hole?
My eyes turned to see Greg getting a few looks of sympathy from the blue butlers, passing him his towel as he stumbled out of the pool. He looked pretty upset and angry at the same time... I guess that I may as well talk to him...
"Hey," I grinned, sticking my hand up to him as I walked up, "That was a close contest."
He pulled a look of disgust as he looked down to my hand, then back up to my face, "Hmm, quite. Well, done, I guess. I would have loved to have said that the best man won, but then I could be lying" he grumbled, taking my hand out of force, "Stop your grinning; there's no need to gloat. But you, Mr. Parlour, I can assure you that this is not going to be the last time of which we are going to be competitors, however it will be for more than that girl's hand in marriage."
And with that he stormed off, leaving me standing there wondering what had just happened. Did he just threaten me? Really?
"Forget about him Sir, the best man truly did win," Jim grinned, nodding behind me, "Now, we need to get your things ready to move into the manor."
I missed that part of the king's speech. My look of shock showed it.
"I'm moving here?"
"Yes Sir, that is what his majesty said just a moment ago. I expect however you were still in a state of shock. Men will be around your house ready to take your things in the hour. I suggest that you go with them so that we can prepare for the engagement celebration."
That meant that I'd need to wear another suit... I should text Robin.
I love the fact that those were the only things that I could think about, not everything else that had just happened as well as the fact that mom didn't know anything about this...
Shit.
"Alright, thanks Jim, you've been very helpful today. I best get going," I nodded to him and then the rest of the team.
And with that, I went back to the car, needing some time to myself which I would definitely get driving. But as I slipped into the car after getting it from the valet, I quickly typed up a text and sent it.
Good news and bad news. bad news, you're going to need to wear a big fat poofy dress: I'm getting married ;P xx

Robin: I had to say, lunch times were the loneliest time without Molly. We used to sit at our usual table whilst she complained about the school food and I, out of sympathy at first and then habit, gave her the other half of it. In the later years I made her another sandwich which I gave to her so that she didn't starve. After that we'd go to our usual tree and sit under there, chatting about whatever came into our minds and admiring guy's butts as they walked on by.
At that time I was still sitting at that table, sitting on my own as I waited for Johnny to roll in from his class, the one which he always came out late for without fail. Sure, I got a few looks but I was mostly used to it; Molly no longer came to school... Lucky cow.
But as it vibrated, I flipped up my phone, seeing the name which came up. It was at that instant when my heart stopped. I wasn't really sure how to react. Sure, I was happy that he won but also...it was too quick.
"Holy shit monkey..."
Well done, Olly. Look who's finally moving out haha ;D xox
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Johnny:
I strolled out, paper bag in hand and my hair a mess.
Robin had yet to speak to me.
I had been thinking about her note all day, was it a good note or a bad note?
Did it mean what it said or something different entirely? That's what girls did, wasn't it? Say one thing but mean another and expect us guys to know what they mean. Robin didn't do that though, I mean she hadn't done it yet but it didn't mean she was unable to do it.
Had she done without me knowing it?
Was this a test?
I ran a hand through my hair, mussing it up more, and smiled at her awkwardly as I walked towards her.
She looked shocked and she was staring at her cell phone.
Was it a text from Molly?

Molly:
I glanced around, feeling a bit out of place on the corner of Jamethson and Quadra, the corner between all the nice clothes stores and business buildings.
I said I could meet Fergie here in the letter.
Did he remember?
I was getting stared at, but I expected that.
I looked like a mix between a homeless person and a hippie, though they were pretty similar.
In other words I didn't look good.

Lila:
I was stripped from my previous dress and thrown into another one, a red one this time.All of my other dresses were very girly and demure, a bit annoying for a girl of my age but I didn't care.
This one was different, so different it surprised me, which not many things that my mother did could.
It was a strapless number but it was tight and the fabric hugged my body and ended a bit above my knees, this was a modern adult dress.
It was for my engagement party.
I was thrown around from maid to maid, each adjusting me a bit and passing me along until my lips matched my dress, my eyes were dark, and my long hair curled.
I was given very little time to study myself before I was thrown into a pair of heels and shooed down stairs to help my mother pick the menu.
My head was dizzy.
Her face lit up when she saw me, was that a smile?
"My baby... now a big girl..." She murmured, was that... pride?
She pushed that emotion away quickly and resumed her musing over various menus, calling me in to help after a moment.
What was up?
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next