Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 120 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 120 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 120 on Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:35 am
Latest topics
» A Message For You
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I!

4 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 Empty Re: *~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I!

Post by KenzieJo Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 pm

(back. -_- such a long day)

I snort into my coke, almost choking but still managing to roll my eyes. "Just eat it." I tell her taking another bite. "It's only like my favorite food ever. You wont hate it."

KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 9 Empty Re: *~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I!

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:21 pm

{Were you at work? Smile}

I lift the sandwich to my mouth, chewing thoughtfully.

Then my eyes go wide as freaking dinner plates.

"Holy crap." I mumble, taking another, bigger bite. The chicken itself is grilled to perfection, with enough lettuce but not enough to overpower the sandwich. The diced tomatoes and mayonnaise are the perfect added touch. Must I start with the fries?

"Is it illegal to marry a sandwich?" I ask, swallowing the piece of chicken I had in my mouth and chase it down with a gulp of coke.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:29 pm

(Yes, and the line was the longest my boss or i has seen all summer. and it was that long for four hours straight in the hot hot sun. I'm sticky and icky.)

"Told you so." I say in a sing song voice, a slightly smug look on my face as sip my coke. "Never doubt Carter's cooking." I run a fry through ketchup, popping it in my mouth. "And yes, I don't believe one is aloud to marry and type of prepared food."
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:44 pm

{Wow! Are you sunburnt? Sad}

"Pssht, whatever." I shake him off, smiling. We talk about unimportant things as the half hour winds down, and both of our plates are clean. I lean back a little, licking my lips and glancing at my watch. "Better get back." I stand, brushing the crumbs off of my jeans.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 pm

(no, my boss keeps sunscreen in all the bins, and for about half the time we were in shade)

I grin, standing, "yeah." Stretching, I pull on my shoulders until they let out a large crack. "So do you want me to meet you at four at the store. Or later?" Before then I had to meet up with Tom, and grab some stuff for tonight, we all had obligations for these nights, tonight we had candy and drinks.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:31 am

{Lol that's good :3}

"I have to make dinner for Mat at 5. Pick me up at my house around 5:30?" I ask, not really having to make dinner for her but feeling bad about being out of the house so often. Plus, she wouldn't last on microwave hot pockets forever.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:51 pm

"Sure, I gotta be going or Tom with have a fit. Dress warm alright?" I tell her as I hear my phone ring again. I don't check it only let out a large sigh rolling my eyes. Toms already at the market and has no idea what to buy, even though we always get the same stuff.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:07 pm

I smile, not yet wanting to leave but knowing I'd be seeing him in a few hours anyways. Jeez- am I turning into a clingy Ashley?

I thank Sally on my way out and push open the door, a blast of cold wind nipping my nose and cheeks. We were only in November, and I could tell it'd be a rough winter.

"See you at 5:30." I call over my shoulder, fishing my name tag out of my pocket and re pinning it on my shirt as I open the door to the store. Monica's just finishing up a BLT she brought, and half halfheartedly gives me a two finger wave as I enter.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:24 pm

I give a small wave as I head in the other direction to the market. My pace is slow as I walk in the from doors, eyes scanning for TOm. I make a guess and head to the bulk candy, were Tom looks downright flustered.
"I don't know what to get." He says daly, I sigh and grab a few bags, filling them all with a variety of candy. "No one really cares, we'll eat anything." He looks for a minute frowning at the load of bags in my arms, before going to fill another one with skittles. "You almost forgot." He says and I laugh.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:22 pm

"Can I help you with something?" I ask the horse hybrid that's been scanning the dress rack for what seems like days, until I finally intervene.

"Do you have this in a size 4?" She holds up a pink dress with a flowing skirt and a halter top, reaching about to her knees.

"We might have just sold the last one a few hours ago...let me go check the back room."

I swing open the door and rifle through the boxes marked "Clearance- End of summer sale. Must be gone by 9/5/10!

Lucky for her, it's only the 3rd, so she's in luck. I find the dress in her size, and hand it to her when I come out. It's been a slow day, so I take my time ringing her up and changing the marked price on the computer since it's on sale. When she leaves, I sigh and glance down at my watch. 3:47, it reads.

WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:56 pm

I stand in my kitchen a little anxious, I can feel Toms gaze. I'm cleaning, as the sticky note left on the microwave asked, up to my elbow in bubbles. "You could help you know." I tell Tom over my shoulder as I see him bite into an apple from bowl on the counter.

"I didn't see my name on the note." He tell me and I sigh, rinsing the last dish and placing it on the rack to dry. "Yeah yeah yeah." I retort, wiping down the counters with a rag.

"We'll Ive got to go, Me and Tally are gonna meet up early and set up the tree house." I give a little nod and we say goodbyes, leaving me in the kitchen alone frowning. I check the clock as I had since I'd got home, knowing it was time for me to get ready.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:22 pm

4:00 rolls around, so I lock up and shut down the computers, changing the sign on the door from "Yes, we're open!" to "Sorry, we're closed." I walk with a new purpose in my step, curious about tonight. I knew Tom would be there, as well as their friend Marc. I'd never really talked to any of them, so it'd be fun.

When I got home, I took the marinaded chicken out of the fridge and prepped the oven timer.

WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:09 pm

I stand in front of my mirror, and run a hand through my damp hair. I can see the loose curls already forming as it dries and I know its useless to even try and style it.

With a sigh I pull on my only pair of black skinny jeans, which also happen to be the tightest. Once my struggle is complete and Ive slipped a plain white v neck on I check my appearance again in the mirror, and roll my eyes at my own vanity.

A hoodie and TOMS later I'm taking a walk to Charlies, possibly a little early, but I'd a known habit of being late and I didn't want to show up too late for her. Somewhere in the back of my mind my conversation with Ana repeats and I'm still thinking about it even with Iron and Wine coming from my headphones.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:16 pm

I've pulled my hair up into a loose ponytail and braided my bangs, pinning them back with a bobby pin. I didn't want to go all out, since we'd be walking through the woods. My comfy white washed skinnies and a black quarter length tee with a gray cardigan looks just right to me.

"Mat!" I call to her from the kitchen. "Soup's on." I put her plate down at her place, leaving mine near empty. We eat quietly, me asking questions about what she's been up to, and her quietly adding a response when necessary. Our relationship is sort of strained, and there's no use in forcing Mat to speak. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

When we finished, I'm cleaning the dishes when I hear the doorbell ring. He's early, I think to myself as I go to open it.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:34 pm

I stand on her porch, grinning when she opens the door. "Hey Charlie. Hope I didn't come too soon, I thought it would be better than late." I give a awkward laugh and rub the back of my neck.

Not knowing what to do next I rock on my heels, glancing around what I coud see of her home.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:37 pm

I grin, shaking my head. "No, it's fine. Want to come in? I was just finishing with the dishes." It was always sort of embarrassing to bring people into our tiny, makeshift home. But it was where I lived- I couldn't beat around the bush forever.

Since we don't have an actual dish washer, we wash our dishes by hand. It's my turn to do it tonight, since I wasn't home last night. Scraping some of the marinade off the plate, I spread the suds around and run it under the scalding water.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:54 pm

"Sure." I say, following her in as I scan the house. Its nothing like my own cozy home, its a little more run down, and a little smaller. I lean against the counter as she does dishes, watching intently.

"You have a sister right?" Three people in this house seemed cramp to me but I kept silent, my eyes still scanning.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:58 pm

I nod, turning my torso halfway and peering into the living room where Mat sits on the couch, reading one of her many books.

"Mat, come say hi." I call, turning back to the sink and scrubbing a little harder where the residue is thicker.

Mat walks in, book still in hand and light brown hair twisted into a bun. Her cinnamon colored eyes flick from Jac, to me, and then back again. "Hey." She says, dog earring the page she's left off on. "I'm Matilda...or Mat, as most call me." She introduces herself a little shyly, though she's only this way with someone new.

When I finish with the dish, I place it on the rack to dry and turn fully her way now, leaning against the counter.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:05 pm

I give her a smile, "I'm Jac. I don't really have a full name, just Jac." I look around to see Charlie done but my eyes land back on Mat. "What are you reading?" I ask politely, we had a little bit of time to kill before everyone would show up at the tree house so I made myself comfortable.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:10 pm

"Fight club-"

"That she stole from my room." I clarify, shooting her an amused glance. Some would say the book's above her level, but she's already read Pride and Prejudice, The DaVinci code, and Wuthering heights, to name a few.

"You were done with it."

"Was not."

"Was too."

"Not."

"Too."

This could go on forever, so I sigh dramatically and hold my hands up in surrender. "Fine. Whatever you say." I say, but mumble quietly under my breath. "Not."
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:17 pm

I laugh at the two, ignoring a pang of jealousy in my stomach, I'd always wanted a sibling. Tom was usually enough. "Thats one of my favorite books, he's a great writer. Ever read A Clockwork Orange?" I ask, then in my own mind I realize it is not a book for a young girl and add. "If you hadn't I suggest you wait a few years."
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Mat shakes her head, so I let out a breath of relief. She might read above her age, but that was a book that's just not meant for 12 year olds. Hopping off of the counter, I grab my cardigan and slip it on.

"Ready to go?" I ask. Then, I turn to Mat. "Don't stay up to late, okay? I'll be back in a few hours."

"Oh, I almost forgot. Jackson called."

I bite my lip, stifling a moan in agitation. "Tell him..." I scratch the back of my neck a awkwardly, looking down at the ground. "To call me later." Mat nods obediently, so I ruffle her hair with my free hand.

"Thanks, kid. Don't throw any wild parties while I'm gone." I grin and she grins back.

"I'll try not to."
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:34 pm

I give a nod, straightening myself. "Yeah." I glance between the sisters, blinking at the look on Charlies face. Its then I decide to ask her about the mysterious Jackson, but not until we're out of the house. It doesn't show but jealously heats my stomach, I breath in awkwardly.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:38 pm

I lace up my red converse and open the door, letting Jac go out first so I can lock the deadbolt behind me since Mat always forgets to.

Wrapping the cardigan tighter around me, I can feel my cheeks and nose flushing, as they always do in the colder months. It was how I earned the humiliating name Rudolph for 3 years of my life.

I walk a little slower beside him, letting him take the lead since I haven't the slightest clue where we're going.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:48 pm

"Its not too far, with a shortcut." I tell her, veering off to a fence dividing the sidewalk from the woods. Its short and I jump over easily, but lend a hand for Charlie to climb over.

Deciding its a good as time as ever i keep my voice light. "So, you seemed upset in there." I start, "Who's Jackson?"
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:52 pm

I shake my head at his outstretched hand, clearing the jump by myself with only a little struggle. It wasn't that I didn't want the help, I've just always been independent. When he asks about Jackson, I go a little pale, knowing that sooner or later he'd ask.

"Um..." I say, staring off at a faraway point and contemplating how to say this. "A...former boyfriend. He's just sort of hung up on me, ya know." I glance at him nervously. There's a lot more to the story then I'm letting on, but I fall silent.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next