Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 100 on Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:33 am
Latest topics
» A Message For You
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I!

4 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 Empty Re: *~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I!

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:58 pm

I stand awkward for a moment, nodding absently. "well if your sure." I tell her, I really should start home but I'm reluctant. I glance to her again, seeing the tired look on her face, deciding it should be time to go. "Well I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow." I tell her, stuffing my hands in jacket pockets.

KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 7 Empty Re: *~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I!

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:02 pm

"Mmhm." I shut the door, shoving the keys in my back pocket and suddenly remembering the cigarettes I bought. Taking one out of my pocket, I flick on my portable lighter and exhale, a cloud of hazy smoke drifting up into the sky.

"Thanksh again." My speech is muffled from the cigarette as I sit down on the front step of my porch. My buzz is still faintly there, but I need to sit on the porch and just think for a bit.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:10 pm

I give a nod "It was nothing," I tell her looking at the cigarette, I'd never been a fan of them, and how they stole the air from my lungs. "Bye." I give a little wave wanting to get away from the smoke, though not her. I walk slowly down the road, humming under my breath.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:27 pm

I notice how he recoiled quickly when he saw the cigarette, or maybe me, rather. I'd never really know. I watched him as he walked away, until I couldn't make out his form against the dark any more.

Swinging my legs over the railing, I take in another puff of smoke and exhale easily, waiting for my mom's car to pull in, though it probably wouldn't until about 1.

Staring up at the moon, I watch as dark storm clouds swallow it whole- we were probably in for a storm later today. But I didn't mind the rain. Sometimes, I can pretend that the water itself can just wash away all of my wrongs, every bad choice I've made.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Realizing it would take forever to get home walking as fast as I was I begin jogging, then sprinting, listening to my feet pound against the pavement. As I reach home I stop in front of my house, breathing a little heavy but feeling better.

Walking in my mom is curled on the couch, book in hand. "Hey honey." She greeted me, "Foods in the oven." I walked over and gave her a quick peck on the cheek as a thank you as I headed for the kitchen, my appetite suddenly apparent.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Feeling the affects of the booze starting to wear off, I can feel my upset stomach tossing and turning, so I crush the cigarette in my hand and flick the ashes on to the porch, careful to avoid mom's garden.

When I walk inside, I find Mat already asleep, so I quietly shuffle past her room and into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Looking in the mirror, I notice my chalky complexion, bloodshot eyes, and sagging shoulders. In a nutshell, I looked like hell.

I brush my teeth, quickly running my fingers through my now slightly wavy hair.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:53 pm

I eat my food quickly, before jumping in the shower again. Mom had asked me about the bruise, a little worried. I told her the jist of it, some asshole harassing one of the girls at the party and she nodded, asking if I hurt him. When I told her not really, only incapacitated him, she smiled, she was the one who made me a pacifist, always telling me it would only cause more problems.

I lay on my bed, knowing I worked tomorrow, but couldn't get to sleep. I thought about the party and Charlie, frowning.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:30 pm

I nearly collapse in my bed when I get to my room, curling up underneath my Van Gogh Starry Night painting comforter, thinking about my day, and my now conflicted feelings towards Jac. He wasn't the jackass that people built him up to be. When I pressed my finger tip to his lips, I could still feel that warm tingly sensation.

Rolling over, I press my face into my pillow, beginning to warm up just as a drift off into a peaceful state of sleep.

{Time lapse? :3}
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:32 pm

sure. how far we talking?
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:45 pm

{Next morning. She's gonna be hungover, so she'll probably sleep till noon X3}
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Jac can be at work? though I havent decided where yet...

wait! got it. Smoothie bar.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:54 pm

{Smile works for me! i havent yet decided where charlie will work..hmm..}
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 pm

i thought you said clothing store.... but whatever, its hard to decide.

I stand a little bleary eyed behind the counter, while an old mouse hybrid man is trying to decide on something to order. "I'll take..." He starts and I want to bang my head on the counter, its the fifth time he's said that, but instead I offer a nice smile to the man.

"I'll take the strawberry banana fusion and a bran muffin." He says at last and i sigh at last, "That will be five sixty seven sir." I tell him as he hands over the money and after I give him his change and the muffin, telling him drink will be right up.

Throwing the ingredients in the blender I begin humming, he's the only customer, its been steady but Ive had my down time. "Here you are sir. Have a good one." I tell him, he mumbles something and is out the door. Closing my eyes I go back to my stool, collapsing with a sigh.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:10 pm

{Oh yeah! Haha thanks :3}

I plug my headphones into my Ipod and turn the volume way up, so loud it's blasting. I turn it to "Daylight" by Matt and Kim, glancing at myself in the mirror. I feel and look like hell, only taking a few minutes to brush my hair and put my lip and nose studs in. It's about 10:30 now, and the store opens at 11, but I wanted to be there early. You know, good employee impressions and all that jazz.

I notice the small smoothie shop on the corner- I've always passed it, but never actually gone in. Tucking my wings in, I duck into the shop and immediately turn to the menu, not looking at the counter. My music prevents me from hearing any conversation, which is a good thing. I'm too tired to talk.

"I'll have an OJ sunrise." I decide, tossing a few crumpled bills on the counter. Still, I'm looking down at the tiles. Why are they moving? Wait...I think that's just me. Hopefully.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:25 pm

I look up and smile. "Coming right up, charlie." I say, but I don't think she hears me since I can hear the music from her headphones. I grin a bit, surprised she's even up. After making her drink I call out to her, but she doesn't hear.

Rolling my eyes playfully I hop over the counter (thank God my boss wasn't here) and land in front of her, holding the drink. Hooking a finger on her earphone cord I tug on side out, still grinning. "Your going to go deaf like that."
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:36 pm

"Jeez," I gasp, clamping a hand over my mouth to keep from saying the more obscene words. "Christ, Jac. You'll kill me!" I exclaim, putting on my British accent. I look down and turn my Ipod off, shoving it in my pocket. Grabbing my drink, I take a big sip, swallowing, trying to decide on whether or not it was better than the Strawberry blast. "Hmm..." I mumble, taking another sip.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:42 pm

I laugh at her, jumping back on the counter, "No, I believe my job is to save you." I say, still grinning as I watch her sip the drink. It was cute how she concentrated on it, the look on her face, priceless.

"Everything's good?" I ask sweetly, cocking my head to the side.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:45 pm

My eyes darken a little when he passively brings up what happened last night, even though he's trying to lighten the mood. I shake it off, forcing on a small smile. "Yeah. Just trying to decide..." I take another sip, giving myself an orange mustache. "Nah. No way." I shake my head.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:57 pm

My eyebrows knit together in confusion, but I hold back a chuckle at the smoothie covering her upper lip. "What is my smoothie skills not up to your par?" I ask, jumping from the counter and going to stand in front of her. My hips cocked and the look on my face is over the top, but I manage to keep my grin hidden behind my pout.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:05 pm

I shake my head, wiping my mustache with the back of my hand. "If you make smoothies just as good as you save people, then they're just fine, Clarke." I call him, referring to Clarke Kent, Superman's alter ego. Picking my headphones back up, I pull them back over my head and turn the sound back up.

"Well, much to do, and so little time." I tell him, remembering that I was now a working employee. I'd only killed 7 minutes, luckily. "See ya round." I push open the door, continuing on my walk down to the store. Taking a big sip, I glance at him one last time through the big glass window, smiling a little.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 pm

I give her a little grin and laugh. "Bye." I lean on the counter giving a small wave until she's out of sight. I stay for a moment, smiling to myself before going back behind the counter. Ana was going to visit later, but it would be a while. sighing I go to the sound system, that usually plays something eerily close to elevator music and change it to my own mixs.

Rocking out to a little Nirvana I make my own smoothie, using the perks of this job to the fullest.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 pm

{Nirvana fan? Sweeet. Razz}

I use my key to go around the backside of the store, where the inventory is kept. Jenny, my new manager, greets me in the Customer Service area where she is unlocking the cash register and getting ready for the new day.

"Hey, Charlie. Here early?"

"Yeah. Thought I'd make a good first impression." I grin, taking my new name tag down from the rack and pinning it to my Paramore Tee shirt, which I'd hastily thrown on this morning with a pair of electric green skinnies.

"Nice. Why don't you start by writing the new prices on the tags over there by the Clearance section?" She gestures to a round white table with assorted tees and camis, on sale now because we were going in to the winter season. Nodding, I take the price gun and begin to mark down the tags. Some of them were cute, but most of the stuff in this store was more glamorous- a place that Ashley and Sarah would shop in.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:54 pm

(of course. My charries usually have my taste in music)

Things pick up a bit as my co worker Renee comes in, offering me a lazy smile, I knew she’d been smoking a joint, as always, before work, so I keep her from the customers until Ana comes in, then cease to care as I take my lunch break to sip a smoothie with her.

"How are you Hun?" She asks, before slipping the straw into her mouth. "Can't complain, eye stings a little, and I've gotten a few looks from customers but they never say anything." Im reminded of fight club, "but better than goin' without a few scars." I flash her a grin and she laughs.

A few moments of silence passes between us. Then she says, "So Charlie?"

"So?" I ask.

"Have you asked her out?"

"No." I raise a brow, "Why would I do that?" She rolls her eyes, "Oh come on, don't tell me you don't like her." About to respond I stop, frowning, I'd neer really thought about it. "Well I guess yeah, but-"

"And she obviously likes you." I give her confused look. "How would you know?" Another eye roll is earned as she drinks the rest of smoothie. Standing up she looks at me, "Its pretty obvious." She goes and throws away the drink, "Now I've gotta go meet Marc. Talk to you later." She walks out the door and I sigh, mumbling a curse at Ana's ways.

(Is the clothing store unisex, or just female clothing?)
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:00 pm

{Unisex. And you like the movie fight club? Me too. Smile My characters are usually into some sort of visual arts. Music, too.}

Work is actually quite calming- rip, price, fold, repeat. Like a perfect rhythm always in sync. Never skipping a beat. Never changing. When I finish on the first pile of shirts, I move on to some of the denim shorts, which were originally $24.99 but now $9.99 each. It was a good deal but I wouldn't be caught dead in a skirt.

"When you finish up with that, you can dress the mannequins. I've already laid out the outfits, but they're a little heavy so ask Monica for some help if you need it." I nod obediently, like a puppy eager to listen to it's new owner.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:16 pm

(Mine too. And I love Fight Club Author Chuck Palahniuk's work, its all amazing.)

I get off work in what seems like no time, but hang around talking to Renee while its slow. For usually being high she had a great mind. Shes currently talking about Alice in Wonderland which she just finished for the umpteenth time, and its secret hidden messages. "Right." I say nodding, sometimes her thoughts were a little out there, but she always ended up sounding at least half rational. "Well Ive gotta get going, was gonna meet Tom later but first I need to get a new hoodie." My favorite yellow one had ripped a while ago, and I'd finally be getting around to replace it.

With a wave goodbye I head out whistling to the clothing shop close by. Once I'm in I go straight to the mens section, looking for the right hoodie, but it was hard the ones I liked, most being bright neons or horrible patterns.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:21 pm

"The half decent ones are over there," I call out to Jac when he enters and heads to the hoodies section. I gesture to the solid color men's hoodies on the left wall, they were a few dollars more expensive, but with Volcom material and lasted forever.

I stand on my tip toes to reach a pink and green striped polo, gently tearing off it's a price and crossing it out with a red felt marker and rewriting it's new price on the tag.

{Sorry- who's he? I only know of the fight club movie that came out in 1999...with brad pitt and edward norton}
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next