Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 44 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 44 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 84 on Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:58 am
Latest topics
» A Message For You
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

3 posters

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:19 pm

Robin: I literally legged it the whole way there, not caring if anyone turned around and saw me, thinking that I was insane. They'd just join the queue of people. And trust me, that was a rather long line.
I skidded to a stop once I reached the park, my face completely crimson. I had to lean against a tree whilst I tried to regain what little dignity I had. And with that, I began the walk down the path...
And then I saw her.
My best friend.
"Molly?" I murmured, totally not loud enough for anyone to hear me, "Molly?!"
Sprinting towards her, arms out, I imagined it to be similar to the whole loving scene when two long-lost lovers reunited so they ran towards one another in slow motion. Yes, it looked better in my head, but as soon as I dived onto her, squishing her meanwhile, I grinned, fully and properly.
"Hello."

Fergie: I nodded along. I knew Natalie. Sweet old woman. She offered me boiled sweets when I was there. She knew that I was a nice person, however, in the parts where Johnny lived, some of the people weren't necessarily the safest to be around. That little defenceless old lady had to stay there though, bless her.
"I'm not high class, I'm middle class, thank you. Yes, I have a butler but I suppose that your family do. Just because you opted to stay behind when they went off back to your empire and the cheapest place available was in the nasty parts. I guess your parents didn't think that you were going to die or anything, anyway; you ride a motorbike, for Pete's sake...and you date Robin."
That last bit was muttered under by breath. I knew that Johnny could have easily beaten me up right there and then. Easily. I always avoided to say anything too bad in front of him, just in case he took it the wrong way and punched me square in the jaw. The problem was, I still wasn't very good with sarcasm.

OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Molly:
I had started crying as soon as I saw her and hugged her close.
"Hey there... been a while." I murmured after planting a sloppy kiss on her cheek.
I nuzzled her hair, messing it up... definitely not on purpose, and held her tight. I missed her too much, and I didn't even care that I was probably suffocating her by both my strange scent and the fact that I was hugging her so tightly air flow seemed impossible.
"I have a present for you.." I said through tears.

Johnny:
I did have to admit he was a bit right there, but then again my family wasn't rich at all. Sure we had some status in the courts and among the tribes but by no means were we wealthy.
I grimaced, this was starting to look like a fight.
I was beginning to back down with a sheepish smile until he mentioned Robin.
I straitened up at his comment.
"What was that? What about Robin?" I challenged, my voice low and dangerous.
My voice didn't get loud when I was angry, no, it when quiet and calm.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Location : Hell... there are so many screaming children here....

Character Sheet
Name: Zem Grayson
Race: Human Kinsmen

http://stuff-fluffcoolcats.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Robin: "Totally," I sniffed, holding back the tears, "It's been bloody boring without you."
Okay, don't cry, don't cry. No-one likes it when you cry, but especially you as you turn out all red and puffy and your speak starts becoming incomprehensible... Robin, you don't want that.
Though she stank pretty bad, I still held her close, not wanting to let her go back again. Hey, she saved my life and sacrificed herself and her normal life to save mine, as well as Fergie's and Johnny's too.
"A present?" I asked, a little curious, "We didn't agree on exchanging presents."

Fergie: Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.
"N-nothing," I stammered, putting my hands up as I backed myself towards the lockers, "It was a joke. Haha!... Don't hurt me. All I have are my looks. After that I have nothing... I love you."
Johnny was one of those guys that I guess could take a joke well; he was easy going and pretty laid back...until you made a joke about his loved ones. Unfortunately I had just done that...more than once. But that low growl that he did, it was bloody scary. Seriously, it could make Chuck Norris flinch.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Molly:
I shook my head, a wet teary smile on my face as I pulled the three items out.
"They're for safety... I used every charm I could think of to protect you guys, the tank top is for you and the gloves are for Johnny, the Belt's for Fergie." I explained handing them to her.
I wiped a few tears away roughly, trying to stop them but it seemed to just encourage them.
I was close to full out bawling, but not quite there yet.

Johnny:
I relaxed, at least he meant nothing by it.
"No problem then."I said with a smile, "But dude.. I have a girlfriend, no homo for me. It's cool if you like me though, I mean I just want to stop those feelings now, it's not gonna happen. I mean you're pretty an all but I like girls."
I grinned afterwards wolfishly, noting some giggles in the background.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Robin: She made us charm armour? How thoughtful!
"Oh, seriously, Molly? I swore to myself that I wouldn't cry today. Look what you're making me do..."
From the corners of my eyes, a couple of tears rolled down, ones which I was quick up wipe away. I sniffed, looking at the top which was for me. Okay, so it wasn't aesthetically pleasing, I could almost feel the charms at work, their power radiating out from them.
"Thanks," I smiled, my eyes beginning to look like cheese puffs, "for these...and for saving my life...again."
I draped my arms around her again, this time refusing to let go. She was mine, not Lilith's.

Fergie: Eh, I could live with a few sniggers; I was used to them. But it was fortunate that I got let off of the hook for that.
"Don't flatter yourself, Johnny... Though maybe when you and Robin break up, we can give us a go. I've seen the way you look at me when we're in the locker rooms."
With a wink, I got my own little laughter behind me. Yeah, I wasn't completely sad or useless.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Molly:
I cried into her arms and made attempts to string words together but they just ended up mangled and mainly saying 'Sorry I smell' or 'I missed you' or sometimes a combination of both.
I grimaced as my watch vibrated with the time, a handy spell created the thing.
"I.. Have... To go..." I sniffled out.
I had only twenty minutes to get back before the twins came to check on me, they expected me working.

Johnny:
I laughed back but ended them with a little sigh.
"Unfortunately, if I did swing that way I'd go for someone with.. a little more muscle and more.. how do I say this nicely, smarts. I mean, you're pretty but I need something more than just pretty." I replied with a shrug.
This was probably one of the weirdest conversations I had ever had.
"Plus I doubt me an' Robin will ever split. She's perfect..it's not like I'd ever let her go."
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:18 am

Robin: I was still holding onto her, weeping into her shoulder as though she was about to die. From the corner of my eye I noted the weird looks that we got from people but ignored them. They didn't know us or our story...
But then as I pulled away, wiping my snotty nose with my cardi, I sighed, unable to really say anything anymore. It was too much.
But what? Already? But we hardly had any time together! Hell this sucks.
"Alright..." I murmured, lost for words, still, "I-I'll see you...somewhen."
But I couldn't move. I didn't want to.
Then I saw the time on her watch.
"Oh shit! I have three minutes before class and to get to the other side of town... Meh."
And with that I pulled her into that same massive hug again, holding her tight.

Fergie: He called me pretty? Pretty? Handsome would have sufficed.
"Thanks, and I am smart. I was a nerd, was I not? Then I became like this: a God," I grinned, standing up straight and waving my hands in front of my body.
But as if Robin had all that. Sure, she was freakily strong but she wasn't above-average intelligence, really. And I personally didn't find her attractive...though a factor of that might have been the fact that I had been in love with Molly since we were, like, nine...not that I was going to admit that to anyone.
"And whatever you say, dude. I'm not saying anything else about her. Last time it ended up with rumours about me being gay... I have a girlfriend by the way!"
And after that weekend, I certainly was not gay.
"Plus," I decided to add as a reminder to him, "You said the same thing about Kathy...and Jade. The exact same thing..."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Molly:
I hugged her back then broke our contact, regrettably, and pushed her away.
"Go!" I said while wiping away my tears. "You have to go to school. Good luck... I'm sorry about Fergie.. I was..well.. I talk to you later when we have more time.." I murmured, blushing.
I got up with my bag and started walking back to the shop, wiping the stream of continuous tears from my face.

Johnny:
"Already am a God buddy, no magic needed." I replied with a grin and a flex of the bicep.
I raised an eyebrow, oh wait, that was right, somehow Molly decided to date him.
Then he hit the sire spot.
I grimaced.
"Yeah, I did. I thought that was true at the time, but it turns out not all girls are okay with a slow and steady relationship. Apparently, some girls like to lie. Thanks for bringing that up, buddy, really needed that boost of confidence." I said, my voice grumbling the last bit.
I grabbed my backpack and shuffled away from him, my head down and my face sullen.
Yeah, it was awesome to be cheated on, especially when you put your trust in them, then they took your heart and ripped it to pieces, while smiling.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:41 am

Robin: I didn't care about Fergie. He was an ass. I only cared about Molly and how shitty or predicament was. Just watching her walk away was enough to set the tears flowing again.
How long was it going to be before we could see one another without having all of these rules that she had to follow? I'll tell you, when they day came I was going to spend all of it with her... Sorry Johnny.
I looked at my watch. I had five minutes to get to school on time. Any later and I would have a detention, and I really didn't want one of those...
"Fixing things? Why did I have to have that as a power?" I muttered to myself as I began to peg it down the road, "Why not teleporting? That would be way cooler and handier."

Fergie: You when you really disappoint a child? When you say to them 'Sure kid! I'll take you to the park! Right after school!' in the morning but then when it comes to that time you have something else crop up? Johnny was wearing a similar face right then, one of sadness and self-loathing...
He knew how to pile the guilt on, didn't he?
"I guess I need to apologise," I grumbled, letting out a sigh, "He really doesn't know how to take a joke, does he?"
Jogging over to him, I rested a hand on his shoulder, an empathetic smile on my face. I let out a sigh as I saw that look right up close. He even had puppy dog eyes!... This was going to he difficult.
"Sorry, mate. All I'm saying is that maybe some people just aren't looking for the same thing you are. You didn't necessarily pick the most...trustworthy girls. Just make sure that, with Robin, you don't do anything like that too fast. If I know her, she's even more unpredictable than the rest of them."
Thwack!
"Ow!"
"You tryin' to...convince my boyfriend...that I'm going to...dump him?"
I held my cheek as I turned to see Robin, keeling over herself. Her eyes were smouldering, like proper flames cascading from her pupils, the stare feeling like it was delving right into my very soul and existence. She was crimson-faced and generally panting like a dog - well she was a bitch - with half-dried tears still stuck to her face.
At least she made it back in time...somehow.
"No, I'm just telling him to be cautious about the girls that he picks..." I sighed as the bell rang, "Anyway! Must dash! I have algebra, you have music. Bye!"
And before she could slap me again, I rushed off into the masses of people dodging off into their rooms. I didn't need another slap.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:04 am

Johnny: I frowned at Robin's appearance but was happy she was there, she was my sunshine.
"Hey, are you okay? Need any help getting to class? " I asked, a few more questions bubbling up in my head but not really reaching my mouth.
I didn't want to bombard her with questions the second I saw her, that would just be overwhelming and annoying.
I was a gentleman.
I grimaced while watching Fergie trot away, he could be a real asshole sometimes, he didn't really understand how a joke worked.Joking about painful things wasn't the way to go, he was pretty clueless at times.
Why did Molly like him anyway?
He was pretty full of himself.
I shook my head grimacing, thinking badly of others only reflected on how you are as a person.
I didn't want to be a bad person.

The messenger tapped on the door, hoping someone was home.
Lila had specific instructions to deliver the books straight to a man name Olly, it was a tad unusual for her to do something like this but she was an unusual character.
She often did strange things.
Like that one time she went to her father's formal ball dressed in a pretty blue dress and did her best the entire night to ruin it, though it all seemed like accidents to those present it was obvious to the servants.
We watched people enough to know when something is real or not, though she had gotten much better since the last charade.
Almost impossible to tell she was acting.
He changed his stance with a grimace, he hoped the man was home.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:27 am

Robin: "Yeah, I'm fine...just tired from running half way across town in five minutes."
I had to hold onto his arm to support myself and to stop myself from falling forwards. With a sharp intake of breath, my mind momentarily grew blank...
...and I quickly began to recover, like, supernaturally quick. That was something else that I had realised that I could do and partially linked with the whole fixing things. I could shut my body down for a little while and not feel the effects of what I had just done. That was what happened with that spell thing the other day. Handy, huh?
"And ignore him. I'm not going to cheat on you. Aren't now, never will, okay? I'll see you afterwards, alright? I'll meet you in our usual spot."
Reaching up to give him a quick peck on the cheek, I legged it back down the corridor and into the bad rush. It was just completely unfortunate that my music class was on the other side of school.

Olly: "Coming!"
Typical. People always had to knock when I was in the shower, didn't they? But I quickly wrapped a towel around my waist and got to the door, opening it up to see the messenger again, the same one as last time.
"Oh, hello," I smiled, ignoring the fact that I was half-naked bar the towel, "Another book delivery for me?"
I pointed to them, ready to take them in my weight...then I saw his feather, a new one, pretty similar to the last one.
"Just a question, what kind of bird has feathers like that?"
Okay, I was being pretty informal, but I was knackered, both physically and emotionally, and it wasn't from watching Sex and the City again. That day with Lila's mom and then going out to dinner, then the kiss...
Ah, it was a lot.

Y'know, originally I was contemplating on whether I should make Oli/Olly (I have spelt it both ways) gay.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:24 pm

(Sorry about the lack of posts... and lols. Good thing you didn't... but hey... I could have worked with that..)
Johnny:
I smiled and headed off to my own class.
She always had a way of making me feel better.
I didn't really mind the small parting as long as we met some time today.
I grimaced as my pants vibrated, almost scaring me, and I took out my cell. It was a text from Natalie.
Hey sweety
can u come and make dinner 4 me tonite plz?
<3
Natalie

It was surprising how fast that woman was with learning new technologies. Her son had sent her the phone so he could get a hold of her but it was a paper weight until I taught her how to use it.
Now she never left the thing alone.
I replied with a yes and a smiley face because there really was no way I could say no to a nice old lady.
What type of person would that make me be?

The messenger nodded and handed the books to the half naked man, a bit awkwardly.
While trying not to look at the man's abs, as that was where the small messenger's face was positioned, he began to answer his question.
"It comes from the forest phoenix, the family bird for the Elf king's family. All messengers and certain servants wear them as.. a symbol of their employment and whatnot." He answered, reciting what he had heard from his master.
That was one of the things you learnt on the first day.
Strange that this man, suitor of the Elf king's daughter, didn't know that.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:08 am

No worries...but I would have liked to have seen that haha

Olly: "Oh the forest phoenix, yeah, of course," I nodded, suddenly that chapter of the book flooding back into my mind, "Chapter Three."
I probably sounded like an idiot then, and I was ruining my chances right there and then... Hey, that little messenger dude thought it himself: I was meant to know that...
I could have kicked myself.
"But, hey, thanks," I smiled, taking the books in my arm, all whilst praying that the towel wouldn't fall down now that my grip was off of the dang thing, "I guess that I'll see you around."
I just had to hope that that little slip-up wasn't going to hinder my chances. If that was the deal-breaker then I would be properly peed at myself... I needed to do some studying, then.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Lols yes..
wow- I apologize in advance for any speeling errors that come up.. I am exhausted.

(timeskip?)
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:58 am

Again, no worries. We all do them.
And sure, to after school? You can start if you would like Smile
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Johnny:
I sat on the bench right outside school, waiting for Robin. I had to tell her that I have to take a rain check for our hangout.
Natalie needed me.
I had gone to a flower shop in my study and bought her a few roses as a apology, they sat next to me on the bench. I felt a bit awkward to the few stares and sad looks I got, everyone must have thought that I got stood up.
I didn't really mind though, I was use to being stared at, not always for the good reasons.

Lila:
I laced up my boots and checked my makeup again, it was nice black eyeliner with brown shadow which created a cool smokey eye effect.
It was definitely more conservative than usual, I didn't have any bright colors or fake piercings on.
I was just too tired to do anything today.
I paused in my lacing and rested my face on my knee,
Tomorrow was the last challenge.
It was the day when my mother would choose my betrothed.
I grimaced, the letter would go out today, I put Olly's in one of the books.
I just hoped he found it.
I grimaced.
If a war was going to start it would start tomorrow.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Robin: I emerged out if school with the after the rush of the entire school. My classes seemed to always be the ones that were held back for one reason or another, of course that reason was generally something to do with me for whatever...
But as soon as I laid my eyes of Johnny, I compressed my folders to my chest Abd sighed. He looked so sweet by himself, like a lost puppy waiting for his owner to turn up. I crept up behind him, being as silent as possible, like a ninja, ignoring the stares that I got from other people as they watched. I placed my folders down on the floor, just next to me and grinned, covering his eyes.
"Guess who..."

Olly: "Some pretty interesting reads amongst this..."
I would have been lying if I said that these ancient texts were entertaining. Usually, I didn't really care for history and cultural studies, but this was different. This wasn't for some grade, this was potentinally for a marriage to a girl who I had quickly come to realise is pretty damn amazing; this was much more important.
Flicking through the musky pages, I muttered to myself at the amount of text to them, knowing that I was going to have to do a lot of reading in those next few days before that final challenge, whenever it was to be.
"What's this?"
And it was at that moment when I came across a letter, one sealed with wax and with my name written on, my full name. I grimaced at the sight of it, ripping it open with the beginnings of nerves brewing in me. But as I read it, I smirked, noting all the details in my head...then I saw the date.
It was tomorrow?
Shit.
I didn't have enough time.
Swallowing down my worries, I took a deep breath, deciding that I shouldn't get myself worked up. Lila wouldn't have given these to me if she didn't think that I could do it now, would she?
I didn't know if she would get it but...
Thanks for the books...and the letter.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Johnny: I grinned, being an elf had it's advantages; such as hearing the shoes tip toe across the ground that belong to your girlfriend.
I put my hands up to the ones that covered my eyes, a smile still on my face and covered them.
"Let me guess... The prettiest girl in the world?"
I turned, grabbing the flowers next to me and brought them up to her face.
"I was right." I added with a wink.

Lila:
I frowned.
There was voice in my head that wasn't mine, it was faint and hard to hear, but I could have sworn it was Olly's.
Strange.
I stood, with my shoes done up properly and mental break down scheduled for a later date, and made my way to my window. I opened it and glanced around.
Damn.
My mother had doubled security since she feared I would have more reasons to run away, which I kinda did, it left very little chances to sneak out. I walked back to my bed and collapsed then turned on my stereo by remote, blasting the music of various alternative punk bands and a few indie artists.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:09 am

Robin: I couldn't hide the blush that had suddenly erupted onto my cheeks, both from the compliment and the flowers. It was a good thing that I didn't have hay fever, wasn't it? But they certainly were beautiful.
"N'awww," I murmured, taking the roses in my hands to give them a sniff, "Since when have I deserve this?"
I draped my arms around him, pulling myself closer to him so that I kiss him square on the lips, long and slow. I certainly felt like I didn't deserve him.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Johnny:
I was the first one to break the kiss, regretting it almost exactly after.
"Robin, these are a way to apologize for not being able to hang with you today... I have something else I have to attend to....I am really sorry but I have to leave right away." I said with a final caress.
I turned and began to walk away sadly, Robin would be okay though.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Robin: Wait, what? He was busy... I guess that was fine. Guys are allowed to have other plans, weren't they?
"Okay..." I murmured, watching as he walked away, a look of disappointment on my face.
But with a sigh, I ignored the stares that I was getting from the onlookers and began to walk the other way back to my house without him. I might have been overreacting slightly but I was clamping down on my inner cheek to stop myself from shedding a tear. Not simply because of the fact that he just suddenly left or that he had said that we would meet up after school, but because one little word was echoing around my mind.
Natalie.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Johnny:
As soon as I reached home I dumped my school things in my apartment and headed over to Natalie's with the groceries.
"Oh hello JoJo! I missed you!" The little voice rang out and her lips kissed my cheek with a smile.
"Hey Nat, I got the ingredients for Pork chops and a quinoa salad. Sounds good?" I asked, putting the bags on her kitchen counter.
"It always does sweetie." She answered.
She was such a nice old lady.
I brushed away a few bills and placed them in the pile on her table to make room for chopping up the ingredients.
Life dealt her a bad hand near the end, it was pretty unfair.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:36 pm

Robin: "What are you doing home?"
It was lovely to see the frown of my disappointed little sister when I came home. Had 'hello' become outdated now in her little land of abbreviations?
"I thought that you text me saying you'd be home late?"
"Yeah, well," I shrugged, slipping passed her in the hallway, "Things change, don't they?"
I marched into the kitchen, putting the flowers down gently on the side. I could tell you, people stare when you're carrying flowers down a road by yourself with a frown on your face. But I ripped open the freezer door and took out a pot of Ben and Jerry's and grabbed a scoop, ready to indulge myself. Angie followed, her brow raised at my actions, wondering what the hell was happening.
"Where's Johnny?"
"He had to leave," I muttered, squeezing the sides of the carton to warm up the ice cream, "He gave me the flowers to apologize."
Taking a huge scoop, I sighed, staring at the end of the cookie dough flavoured goodness. I guess that was nice of him, but it did feel like those flowers were a cover-up for something. He didn't say what his plans were. I was getting a major feeling that this Natalie was more than his neighbour...
"Oh..." was all that she could muster, "They're nice."
She walked over, beginning to prepare the roses for a vase, all whilst I shoved more than a mouthful of ice cream into my mouth, all feeling sorry for myself. It was good that she wasn't questioning me, for once. She was just making herself known to me so that I could talk to her, something that I knew that she did when I was in a shitty mood. But as I peered up from the pot, I watched her as she began to prune the ends, a small frown of concern on her face.
"Roses. I thought that you didn't like roses. I guess they're still a nice thing to rec--"
"I think he's cheating on me."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Johnny:
I sneezed.
Weird.
I flipped the chops in the pan, happy about the nice sear I got. They were going to taste great, not to toot my own horn but I was a pretty good chef.
I glanced to Natalie who was watching 'The Price is Right!' intently on her little tv. I left the meat to cook and grabbed a few pill bottle sitting on her counter. I counted out the correct dosage and placed them on a little plate with a glass of water.
"Hey, Nat, you should take your meds now, before dinner." I said, handing the glass and plate to her with a smile.

bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Oh, so when he's around Natalie's he makes pork chops yet when he's with Robin it's only mac and cheese. I see how it is, Johnny.

Robin: Angie stopped what she was doing right there and then, dropping the scissors down next to the flowers. By that time I was already in a flood of tears having said my darkest worry and had scooped in another load of ice cream, trying to shut myself up.
"What? Are you sure?"
I didn't answer. I wasn't sure. Johnny didn't seem like the kind of guy to do that. He said that he loved me. He spent time with me. I thought that there was genuine passion in his kiss...but he seemed so rushed today, when he gave me those flowers. It felt like he had his mind on something else...or someone else.
"Oh, Robbie."
She draped her arms around me, embracing me in a hug, almost getting a load of B&J's all over her front. I just stood there a tad awkwardly, wondering exactly why she was doing that.
"It's fine, I'm probably just overreacting," I murmured, resting my chin on the top of her head, "Its probably nothing like that."
But I couldn't think of what else it could have been.
Maybe I should have called him?
Nah, that would be suspicious on my part.
Maybe a text?
"Heya you t-- Robin, what's up?"
Olly strolled in. Great, I had a whole audience to watch my little show, my little meltdown. Just what I had always wanted.
"Nothing, go away, Olly," Angie growled, taking a step back from me to swipe her hand at him.
But with a frown, our brother left again pretty damn quickly, all whilst I openly wept, sniffling like an idiot.
"What are you going to do?"
I shrugged. I didn't know. As far as my plans went it was:
Get home.
Eat ice cream.
Cry.
Sleep.
It didn't go as far as to confirm my suspicions.
"Talk to him tomorrow. You're not one hundred percent sure, are you? Test him on what he did. You don't know what he might be doing at that moment..."
But it was easy to read her face. It was obviously full of concern. She was the one who planted those seeds of suspicion in my head...
I just wanted to sleep.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Okay- he went out and bought the ingredients- Robin just happened to be staying for dinner so he didn't have anyth- I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU... Me an Johnny can go cook delicious food which we knew about in ADVANCE in a corner.....

Johnny:
I placed the food on a plate and brought the food to her table while she took her time swallowing the multitude of pills.
"One moment, dear, I'm almost done." She said before swallowing her last pill.
She made her way to the table and sat down a bit shakily.
I frowned but she waved it away while carving out a piece of pork.
"I'm old, I shake, get over it, worrywort!" She said before shoving a piece of meat into her wily mouth.
I grinned and began to eat my own food, then my thoughts drifted onto Robin.
"Eh.. Nat.. What would you do if you thought your boyfriend was cheating on you?"
"I would go out and ask him as soon as I got suspicious.. if he was I'd kick the crap out of him.. Why your boyfriend being suspicious?" She answered with a kind look.
I grimaced.
"No,no... I'm straight, I was just wondering.." I said as she chuckled.
"Well, don't worry too much sweetie, if something was wrong you'd know, you're a smart lad."
I smiled and continued to eat.
She was right, I'd know if Robin had suspicions.
Wouldn't I?
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next