Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 84 on Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:58 am
Latest topics
» A Message For You
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

3 posters

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Lances brows raised as he spoke, half glad that he was right and that they could move onto. However it seemed to have taken a turn for the worst. The boy had found a little bit of hope to snag onto. That made him a little dangerous. He was probably used to finding those little bits of hope too, to latch onto them and exploit them in order to win an argument. He had talked to many elves before and they each shared similar characteristics, the ones belonging to the higher society more so.
"However, whoever said that I was going to go to them right away? There are more options than that," he chuckled loosely, shaking his head, "I do not understand what you're talking about. Of course it would be good to have those spiritual ties. Those are the oldest and so one of the strongest. What are you attempting to get at?"
There seemed to be a little bit of bite to his voice. Yes, he was beginning to get irritated. It was annoying. He was annoying. All elves were, in fact.
"And also, I would attempt to tread carefully. Just because you are dating my daughter doesn't mean I won't hesitate to repeat similar procedures which were performed on many people during my time," he murmured, "And do you really think that playing the blame game with me is going to work? Yes, I wasn't here for the majority of Robin's life and I resent that however that doesn't mean that I'm going to spend time crying over it. I'm going to make up for lost time."
But even as he turned back to her, he knew that she wasn't fully settled. What he had done would only keep the nightmares at bay for a little while longer. It was irritating, actually. Her mind was too strong for him to fully keep it under control. But he guessed that just showed her power.

And as Jeffrey returned to the room with a mug of cocoa with mini marshmallows and a sprinkling of chocolate, he gave another sigh. He took a seat next to her and sat the steaming drink down on the coffee table before putting a hand on her back.
"Miss Molly, you've only just learnt of the news. Its a shock. You're going to take some time to adjust to the news. Yes, at the moment you're panicking but give it a couple of days when both Fergie and you have calmed down, its going to be okay. Just don't fret yet."
He preferred comforting girls to boys, he was more natural with it. Crying women were easier to deal with than shouting and swearing boys. He got that from experience. So as he passed her the mug of cocoa, he offered her a smile. She must have knew that on some level he was right.

OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 19 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by bookcrazI Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Johnny:
I opened my mouth to respond, probably arrogantly with something I'd definitely regret later, but got distracted by Robin's little whimpers. It pulled at my heart and I frowned lightly as I reached down to stroke her hair.
I paused my response a little longer to pull her into my arms, letting her head rest against my chest. Soon she calmed and my attention drifted back to her father.
In retrospect I should have kept my cool a little longer, but then again he was the one trying to steal my girlfriend away.With a deep breath and the warmth of Robin I was able to rethink my approach.
"Look.. I'm not trying to play the blame game. I'm not really trying to do anything. I just want Robin to be happy, you want that too, I guess... I just want to let you know that I will do everything I can to be with her. Everything." I murmured softly.
I caressed Robin's cheek and smiled at her as she snuggled closer.
Her father's threat made my blood chill a bit but I tried to stay as calm as possible.
"I've explained myself as well as told you more than you need to know, I've answered your question. Now I do believe you promise Robin to not lurk around, so I'd appreciate it if you leave so you don't break your promise and whatnot." I finished looking up at him as I cradled his daughter close.
Another risky move.

Molly:
I looked at him through teary eyes and took the mug with shaking hands. My lips mirrored his and I nodded, a bit reluctantly, but he had to be right to some degree. It would work out.
If not, I'd make it work.
Tears never solved anything.
Daddy said that.
Mummy said that too.
I took a sip of the hot chocolate and took a breath.
Yes.
I was gonna get through this.
"...Speaking of Fergie..." I murmured, trailing off.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Location : Hell... there are so many screaming children here....

Character Sheet
Name: Zem Grayson
Race: Human Kinsmen

http://stuff-fluffcoolcats.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Lance could have let out a small chuckle at his change of tone. It seemed that Robin's presence had softened him. But it was the fact that he was holding her so close, a boy which he didn't approve of, that stopped him from doing so. However, it was true that he promised to let them be together. If he prised then then that would go against his side of the deal. He wasn't going to break the agreement. Yes, he had broken many deals before but if it was the only way in which his daughter would at least speak to him then so be it.
"That's a very dangerous sentence to utter, boy, especially to a man such as myself," he murmured, his stare cold, "However, I do understand that. Its easy to see. Some people have very readable eyes..."
But just as he was about to draw another breath to continue, he frowned once more. He watched as his daughter quickly began to burrow her eyes into Johnny's neck, her hands gripping tightly onto the fabric of his shirt. Her breathing suddenly became loud enough to clearly hear, loud and shaky. Another small cry escaped from her lips as she tried to hold onto him, pulling herself as closer to him as she could, every muscle in her body tensing.
And all Lance could do was sigh. It was just unfortunate that that Molly wasn't able to calm her, not for a while at least. That girl was going to be too busy dealing with her little one's nightmares to see to Robin's. Also there was the fact that she could easily have killed her simply by using just by being near one another. She was going to have to suffer in the arms of another.
Or he could wake her up. If he didn't then she wouldn't be able to herself for another eight hours or so from then. Another eight hours of uncontrollable nightmares.
He was beginning to consider that perhaps waking her up when she was scared was better than the home-wrecking anger which she usually emitted, though. But that would also mean that she would be comforted by her dear boyfriend, and that irritated him more than anything.
"I have overstayed my welcome. But first..."
Although that time he didn't reach over to her, he just stood there eyes pinned onto his daughter. All of sudden, a small zap of electricity seemed to ride through the air. Instantly, Robin gasped, her voice broken by the need to cry. Her hands shot up to grip onto Johnny's neck, finding something else to grasp onto as she opened her eyes though still keeping them pressed into him.
"We shall continue this conversation later, boy."
And with that, he walked out of the room again without another word. It was obvious, however, that their little conversation was only the start of things to come. After Lance was allowed some time to reflect, he was sure that some kind of plan would be created. Whether that plan ended happily for the pair...
Well, that was yet to be decided.

The butler gave a soft smile as she took the cocoa, glad that she seemed to be attempting to cheer up a little. It was only natural that she was reacting in such a way. He wouldn't have expected anything less. He was just making sure that she got onto the next stage as soon as it was possible.
"What about him?" he asked gently, glancing over his shoulder to see the credits to the film beginning to roll, "Would you like to watch something else?"
Or perhaps it would have been better for her to get to bed to wait for Fergie's return. He knew that he would come back, just what state he would be in... Well, that was up to Robin, wasn't it? And even he knew that that was highly unpredictable. But he had a gut feeling that he would need to get an ice pack ready to help heal a black eye.
And though he wouldn't dare to admit it, Jeffrey was pretty looking forward to seeing Robin's handiwork. It was about time someone gave him a slap.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Johnny:
I couldn't help but feel a little victory in my side, though I knew better than to think that I had the upper hand. That would be too naive.
He clearly had something going up in that big insane brain of his.
He was evil after all.
That didn't really matter when Robin had started to get twitchy due to her dreams again. I struggled to calm her down and focus on the man at the same time. It did tear a little bit of my heart out to see her so scared.
I hated the fact that I wasn't there in her dreams to help her.
Then her father made a face.
Not a good face.
One of those faces that you have to be suspicious about.
That kind of face.
I frowned slightly as I sense a bit of magic surge in the air, not good.
I was mildly surprised when she started to choke me which made me tighten my grip around her waist in confusion.
Air was important.
I gasped for a few moments until she started to realize that it was indeed my throat she had in a death hold.
It wasn't very comfortable to say the least.
Perhaps her father found it funny to have his daughter nearly kill her boyfriend.
But then again, I had gone a little crazy with him.
I had been a little loose minded.
I grimaced.
I could have really made that conversation gone much better.

Molly:
I shook my head at him.
It was kind of nice to be babied.
Relaxing.
Comforting.
I could definitely see the appeal.
"Fergie.. I'm worried.. something feels.. wrong." I murmured to him, tightening my grip on the mug.
Now I know that sounded a bit off, I'd hardly believe what barely calmed woman would say about anything really, considering that her mind was a little rattled still. Even so, I felt that something was a bit off.
Maybe it was the fact that we now shared a connection.
Maybe it was just my mind.
Maybe I was crazy.
I still felt it.
I still felt uncomfortable.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Robin: No. Not again.
My heart continued to race as my hands shot out, trying to punch out to keep them away. I couldn't watch as tried I hit them, to get them far from me, his cold laugh shaking me to the core, his dark eyes masked by the shadows. But still he kept on pushing closer, the more desperate I became.
But finally I got a hold of something. The throat. I pressed, hoping to give myself enough time to at least get away, to run off again to the shadows and a new hiding place, one which they wouldn't find that time. But I had almost exhausted every nook and cranny of that forest, every cave and every ditch and they had found every one. Soon there would be no chance for me. Soon no matter what I did I'd be caught. Soon it would be too late.
I needed to get rid of them now.
Now.
Then the image lifted.
No longer did I have my hands around the neck of that faceless figure who was tormenting my dreams. No longer was I strangling the stalker in my head, the one who could get me where nobody else could.
It was Johnny, and we were in his apartment.
I couldn't have taken my hands away any quicker, my eyes instantly filling with guilt. I didn't realise. I thought that...
"I-I'm so so sorry," I murmured, my lip quivering as my fingers ran down his neck, "I-it was... I-I-I..."
I couldn't finish my sentence. The words got stuck in my throat.
But instead of trying to talk again, I gently pressed my lips to his neck, lightly kissing the part of his throat which I had strangled earlier. He was only trying to help me, to comfort me, and I was attacking him. Some part of my mind knew he was there, somewhere. I felt him. I felt a little safer. There seemed to be some sort of light over my shoulder...
Which felt weird for me to say, being the daughter of a Dark Warlock.
He must have done something, my father, to make it seem as if I was still in that nightmare. He must have done. It seemed to have his fingertips on it, the spell. I wouldn't have hurt him intentionally.
"J-Johnny? C-can you d-do me a favour?" I began to murmur, "Could you g--"
I stopped to scream.
Well, it was more of a little not-very-loud 'eep' shriek as I scrambled to pull my legs up closer towards the rest of my body. I felt something touch my foot. A hand. It probably wasn't anything but in the state that I was in it could have been them breaking out of my unconscious mind. But as I pressed myself back into Johnny, burying my face back into his neck, I gave another small whimper.
Yeah, I wasn't going to be sleeping for the next week. Minimum.

Jeffrey sighed. Reluctantly he was going to have to admit that he had similar worries. Fergie might have been a bit of a...a...an idiot, but he wasn't one to run away from things. No matter what happened he always stood up to the challenge. Maybe that was one of the Lost Boy things? Who knew, but it seemed likely.
And although it was his duty to reassure her, the butler knew that she probably knew it rather than worried it to be so. Her connection was undeniable as was her magical abilities. She probably could feel something.
"Don't worry," he said calmly, standing up, "I'll phone him."
So as he walked up to retrieve the phone, he let out deep breath. He hoped that he was right about him not running away. He did love Molly however... He had done some stupid things in the past. But as he dialled the number and put the phone to his ear, he quickly frown. It wasn't ringing. It went straight to voicemail.
Had he really turned his phone off?
What should he say to Molly then?
"Miss Molly..." he began softly, walking into the room, "Can you sense anything else with that connection? Location? Thoughts? Anything such as that?"
He hoped so.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Johhny:
So it was a while before she realized it was me and I struggled to not fight back but I knew that'd only make things worse. Just let her snap out of it.
It was when the edges of my vision were beginning to darken was when she realized it was me.
I almost felt bad though, her eyes shone with guilt and her brow furrowed, enough so that as I gasped, in a manly way, for air she started to kiss my neck.
I felt better after that.
Then she was shaking and apologizing and I was left to sputter about, trying to answer her while my voice was hoarse from the strangulation.
Then she screamed.
Then I held her.
Something was wrong.
I was betting it was her father.
Finally when I could speak again I pulled her into my lap and stroked her hair, the other arm holding her tight against my chest.
It was almost morning now, the sunrise peaking through the buildings and making its way into my dimly lit apartment.
I muttered sweet nothings to her, trying to calm her down.
"It's okay.. Whatever you want.. You got it.. You know that.. I'm here.. I love you." I murmured softly, letting my lips brush her forehead in a light kiss.
I was hers to command.
She had me completely and utterly under her spell.
Love was like that.
I'd do anything.

Molly:
Panic rose in my throat in the form of bile and I struggled to choke it down as Jefferey's face turned into a frown.
Not good.
Not good.
Not good.
I thought to myself, taking a quick sip of the hot chocolate to wash out my mouth. I could barely feel what nerves were what.
If it was from being... with child or being worried I couldn't tell anymore.
It was a giant blur of 'Blaurhgrigjfgkvcblkd..' and I was simply trying to ride it out and not fall off.
I closed my eyes to Jefferey's request, furrowing my brow as I tried my best to find him. I knew his particular glimmer by heart but it seemed faint.
Too faint.
It was blocked by waves of magic that made my head dizzy. I tried harder and grimaced a bit as I felt something cool drip over my lips.
I opened my eyes and brought a finger to my lip and it pulled away with blood.
Perhaps over extending yourself wasn't such a bright idea.
I fell back against the couch with a soft cry of alarm and struggled to sit back up.
"I can't.. I can't tell.. He's far.. but.. there's so much magic.. I.. It's too blurry or there's barriers or something.. But I can't reach him..." I relayed weakly.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Robin: His words wrapped my brain in sweet sound to calm it down, to stop it from being so skitty. Just sitting there, pressed up against his skin was enough to start to make me feel less anxious, less worried about everything. And so I just sat there, enjoying the attention and love that I was receiving, the sorts of things which I didn't want to give up at any point. No, I wanted it every single day. I wanted to be able to sit there in his arms and feel safe.
Maybe that's what he wanted. He wanted to take everything away from me so that I would breakdown.
Now that's what I call parenting.
...but he wouldn't do that. That was just wrong. A father shouldn't do that... He couldn't do that...could he? I knew that he was evil but that was just...evil.
So as I saw the light beginning to creep into the apartment, I snapped out of my thoughts and I grimaced slightly. We had stayed up all night... Well, technically I had had a nap but it was probably only for, say, five to ten minutes. Nothing that was worthwhile or counted. But as I glanced down to my watch, I muttered a few cuss words, realising that my mom would be about to get up and moving. That meant that she was going to make sure that I was in my bed and not with Johnny. Funny that.
"I've got to go home," I mumbled into his chest, "I've got to make it seem as though I actually came home last night."
But of course, I didn't want to leave the safety of his arms. Everywhere else was dangerous. Everywhere else had something lurking around the corner. But by the fact that the sun was beginning to shine I could feel myself feeling a little less worried about the nightmares. Well, the dark hated light, didn't it? Sunshine meant light. Light meant no dark. No dark meant that it was safe.
It was kind of funny how I was scared of the dark when it was such a big part of me, apparently. Go figure.
So as I gently peeled out of the safety of his arms, I frowned. Suddenly a rush of cold ran up my spine and caused me to shiver. I stayed back for a little bit, reluctant to leave him. But as I pressed a small kiss to his cheek, I conjured up enough to courage to begin the trek into the unknown. And it was only then when I realised that I was aching in certain...places. I had been too busy to notice it before what with Fergie but I was definitely walking funny up to the door. He must have thought that I was an idiot.
"I'll be back within ten then I can give you your proper goodbye," I called back as I gripped onto the handle of the door, "I just need to make sure that I don't get grounded. I love you."
So after giving him a weak smile, I opened up the door, revealing the mess that was my room behind it. Yeah, the curtains were still drawn meaning that he hadn't checked up on my yet. That meant that I wasn't doomed. So as I walked in and shut the door behind me, as quick as I could -- which bearing in mind I was aching like mad wasn't all too quick -- I changed into my jimjams and jumped into bed for the first time in ages. And though I usually loved my bed, we had a wonderful relationship, I kind of felt a bit...alone. It was strange. Even though I had only just left him I already missed Johnny. It was like I left a part of me behind with him. It was strange.
But it was then when I heard the patter of footsteps outside of my door. I ruffled up my hair and laid myself down properly, making it seem as though I was fast asleep. So when I listened to the door opening and heard a small little "aww", I rested easy. It seemed that if I was a minute later then that would have been my head on a plate.
"Bless her..."
Then the door shut and she walked off to the bathroom. Coast was clear. But as I went to go check for my phone, I frowned. It must have slipped out of my pocket when I screamed and scrambled into his arms.
Balls.

Jeffrey frowned. So much magic? It seemed as though Fergie was no longer in the city. Sure, there tended to be a high amount of magical creatures in the city but hardly enough to say that it disturbs Molly's radar.
"I'll call Robin," he announced, standing up again, "I'm sure that she'll know."
But still, if it was a magical place then it was doubtful that Robin was a part of it. She hadn't been to any magical place before nor did she have access to any places like that... Hmm...
So as he dialled the number and put it to his ear, he gave another sigh. Here's to hoping.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Johnny:
As she slowly peeled herself away from me I was tempted to snatch her back and cuddled her tightly. So she wouldn't leave.
I knew that couldn't be.
I sighed sadly as she left and rested against the couch, watching her as she opened the door and went away.
I was settled there for a moment as I replayed the night's wonderful little detour in my head a few times, which was a bit risky considering how hot I got just thinking about it. I had to get up though.
I stood and stretched, grimacing to the amount of angry cracks that yelled from my spine.
Wait.
Idea.
She seemed so skittish to be away from me.
Then..
I grinned.
I was a good boyfriend.
I scrambled to my desk and opened one of the drawers that was usually locked shut. Then I pulled out one of my handmade hair charms that I had cut off only a month or two before. With a little bit of string and a lot of swearing and scissoring I managed to have a pretty good little necklace in hand. I was pretty proud of myself when I heard a phone ring.
I knew it wasn't mine because my ring tone was the sound of tango music.
I stood and looked around the room curiously only to frown with the realization that it was Robin's phone. She must have dropped it.
I debated whether or not to answer it but my curiosity made me click accept.
"Hallo?" I answered.

Molly:
I wiped the blood from my nose quickly and rubbed my temples, my head starting to pound.
Whatever Jefferey thought was right was good enough for me.
I was just gonna rest my eyes for a little bit.
How long had it been since I had last slept?
Dunno.
But it seemed so very nice.
So invitinguhsdojf;gkzldg,n.xhmc/...........
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Robin: So as I sat up in bed and frowned, phoneless, I gave a small sigh. For the first time, I had a little bit of time to myself since the whole...y'know...Johnny and I...y'know... My mind couldn't help but reel over the events, replaying them in my mind like a video which I had on repeat. I tried to hold back a smirk, half disbelieving that it happened in the middle of a field, in a public place. Anyone could have walked up to us and seen us...y'know. It wasn't as if it was the privacy of a bedroom.
Oh well, there was always next time.
So I had managed to make myself grin as I slipped out of bed, something which I doubted was going to happen any time soon. But it seemed that...y'know, was a great distraction for things.
The movies were right.
But until Mom left for work, I was going to be stuck in the house. I couldn't leave until she left...and then maybe five minutes afterwards to make sure that she wasn't going to be coming back. That would just suck. So I decided to tiptoe down the stairs to make myself a mega coffee and toast, something to fill my sudden appetite.

Jeffrey was slightly surprised when he heard the sound of a male's voice, well, at least one that wasn't Fergie's at least. It was...Johnny, that was his name. He never spoke to him much but he remembered his voice. He was Robin's boyfriend, wasn't he?
"Johnny, this is Jeffrey, Fergie's butler. I was wondering if you could pass me onto Robin if that isn't a problem. We need to ask her a few questions about Fergie. You see..."
He trailed off as he peered back to Molly and frowned. She was sleeping. Good. But that meant that he had to go elsewhere instead of waking her up. So as he quickly jogged to the balcony and shut the door behind him, he continued.
"Fergie's missing and Molly cannot find him using the magical radar and connection that they share. Robin was the last one to see him. Maybe she knows where he is? We think it might not be here though..."
Hopefully he knew what he meant by "here". Well, Jeffrey actually had an idea about where he might have been. He was a Lost Boy. The answer was obvious. Magical land? That's Neverland alright.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Johnny:
I listened to the phone and my face slowly melted into a deep frown.
"Uh.. I'd love to.. ah.. gimme a sec.. She's not here currently.. but.. Yeah a sec." He replied.
He scrambled around his apartment while searching for his phone. He almost shouted 'Eureka!' when he found it and instantly began dialing Robin's home phone.
This was important.
Damn.
Fergie was gone.
Molly was pregnant.
Stuff was not going good.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Robin: I gave a weak smile as the toast pinged up, the smell of slightly burnt bread wafting through the kitchen. And with my coffee already completed -- whipped cream and sprinkles included -- I gave a small sigh, taking a seat at the tiny table in the corner of the kitchen. Yeah, I felt as though I was kind of comfort-eating. Without Johnny I just seemed a bit...lost.
And that's only where the overly obsessed girlfriend kicks in.
But just as I was about to take a bite the phone rang. Who was calling that early in the morning? It was stupid...
Then I got a sudden inkling of who it might have been.
I dashed to the phone, narrowly missing thwacking my knee on the door as I did so and picked it up, double-checking the number too. Surely enough it was him.
Couldn't leave me alone for ten minutes.
But as I cleared my throat and shifted my eyes up to the figure looming at the tip of the stairs, I mouthed his name to her. Of course, my mom just chuckled, shook her head and walked back into her room. Best leave the two lovebirds in peace.
"Johnny? What's up?" I murmured, walking back into the kitchen, "I think I left my phone on your bed earlier too. Suddenly realised that I didn't have it...either that or its lost somewhere in the park."
Well, the items of clothing had been strewn all over the place when we were...y'know, so some of the things could have quite easily flung out without us noticing. It truly was a hard life.

Jeffrey nodded, holding back a grin from his choice of words... Well, he began to until he realised that he could grin all he wanted to. It wasn't as if he was going to see him.
How it felt good to be a bit of a rebellious butler.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:12 pm

(I laughed so hard at the 'Rebellious butler' part... Jefferey makes my life.)

Johnny:
I smiled at her voice, getting a little distracted and mooney eyed.
"Hey... I missed you... OH. Right. Not why I called. Uhh.. Jefferey is on the other line and he.. uh.. Said something about Fergie.. He needs to talk to you. I think it'd be a good idea.. Do you wanna do the door thing and call him or... what?" I said with a grimacy sort of smile on my face.
I didn't really know how to react.
Or really what to do.
I was tempted to just hold the phones together but that wouldn't really work. Weird.
I sucked in a bit of air awkwardly and waited for his response.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Robin: He missed me and it had only been a few minutes. That's why I loved him.
But Fergie? His butler was calling to talk to me about him?
My brows furrowed at the sound of it. It was doubtful that he was going to rip the poop out of me for shouting at him. Well, I assumed that I shouted at him. I couldn't really remember. All that my mind was relaying back to me was me telling Johnny that I was going to go see him, then I door-travelled to his place, I pulled him through and slammed the door.
Slam. That was it.
"I'll--"
"Bye Robin! See you later!"
I stopped talking as my mom quickly popped her head around the door. And with a quick nod from me, she was off. Eh, it seemed to safe to return again.
"I'll be right over," I sighed.
Immediately, I ended the call and grabbed my coffee. But as I slipped off of the chair, I frowned. I had changed into my jimjams and I hadn't realised until then. But Johnny had seen my naked anyway, he could handle seeing me in my oversized Jimmy Neutron tee-come-nightdress. So I opened the door of the kitchen and walked into Johnny's apartment, as casual as if I was in the bathroom in the first place.
"Phone?" I asked, pointing at it on the side.
So as he gave me a nod, I picked it up and put it to my ear, ready to hear anything. Well, I knew my response, anyway, to whatever he had to say. I didn't know. I couldn't remember. Yes, I know that I saw and spoke to him but then... The only thing I remember was my dad's voice.
My dad.
Oh shit.
"Hello?" I asked, putting the mug down and walking, well, jogging over to Johnny, "Jeffrey?"
A hand reached up to the back of his neck, holding myself close to him as I rested my head onto his chest. Once again I began to feel safe, like I didn't have a million problems to deal with and that I wasn't scared of falling asleep, like the way I wanted it to be.
But then he started to ask a million questions about Fergie and where I had seen him last. He wasn't accusing me of anything he was just... interrogating me, I guess.
"I-I don't know. Yeah, I saw him but... I don't know what happened to him. All I remember was taking him to Holland and... No, that's not a euphemism, like the place... Because I can now... No, but I think my dad has something to do with it... Apparently he's an evil warlock who terrorises the magical world... Lance Parlour?... Yeah, that's him."
I gave a soft frown, peering up to my dear boyfriend. Yeah, I had a feeling that something had gone down and that it had something to do with my dad. My hand balled up into a fist behind him as I began to chew into my lip again. It seemed that my idea to "talk" to Fergie had just screwed up.

Jeffrey continued to frown throughout those questions, but it all seemed to land on one thing. Robin was the child of one of the dangerous people in the magical world. But why would he be interested in taking Fergie out of the picture? When he just found that if was going to be a father?
"Okay," the elf murmured, "I'll ring back later. I need to plan."
And just like that, he rung up.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:09 am

(Time skip? I think that would be good...)
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:17 am

Sure, when to? And do yot want to do it or shall I?
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Sorry about the delay- I was out all day yesterday.. plus I failed my written driving test so I was a little bummed out..
ANyway.. I think to the next day, Olly and Lila could be doing a bit of publicising for the elf people by being out together and whatnot. Molly and Jefferey could be searching for answers and johnny and Robin could be helping them, or perhaps they could be searching to a way to neverland.. Wait. Actually Molly has to be on her trip to the king, so she could be departing off for that.
What do you think?
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Don't worry about it. And that sucks :/
Right, well with Olly and Lila, they will do that.
Molly -- with help from dear Jeffrey -- can be sorting out the final bits for her trek/just about to leave... Maybe dear Jeffrey could go with her instead of Fergie?
Johnny and Robin could be working out where Fergie is seeing as she was the last one to see him after school time. Plus, they kind of know that Lance had something to do with it... And its the first day of her training with her father so they could have a chat to do with that... Yeah, I'll do that.

Robin: "I-I don't know... Literally, all I remember is that door slamming...and that we were in Holland...and he said that us two had sex because he studied biology and knew...and he was being a prissy little idiot like usual..."
At that time, I was sitting with Johnny on his couch trying to rattle my brain for anything that I remembered from that night before. Sure, some small little extra details had risen to the surface but hardly anything to even point to where Fergie had gotten to, where he had ended up at. It was as if it was all wiped from my head, that it was taking a hammer and a chisel to pick away the shell that was hiding the information. I knew that there was something...supernatural in the way. My memory was always pretty awesome.
But I couldn't help but feel as though it was my fault. Sure, I didn't really like the guy but... Molly was pregnant. She needed him. She needed me. Shame that wasn't at all possible any more. But if I didn't try to talk to him, if I had controlled myself to explode at him then... Well, everyone would be safe and sound, wouldn't they?
But as I peered down to my phone which sat on the edge of his couch, I began to frown a little more. I didn't have too long before I had to go before I found out what my father had planned for me. My stomach just churned at the thought of it. Even drinking five pots of tea hadn't calmed my nerves. I was literally shaking from it. My mouth was getting dryer by the minute, knowing what was coming up... Well, I didn't know exactly but I knew that we weren't going to be talking over a cup of coffee or .taking a walk in the park.
No.
He said that I had to learn how to control my magic and emotions so that I didn't kill anyone.
He said that I would be on the edge of breaking both mentally and physically.
So, I had spent a lot of the day with Johnny. Of course we had school but I knew that I was being a little extra clingy to him. Literally every minute that I could I was by him, when we were out of the classroom, at lunch time, all the walks to and from class. Well, Molly and I weren't able to talk...not that she was in all day. I guess that that just made it easier, though, not having her there. It meant that I wasn't thinking about her too much.
But being by him just made me worry less. When I was meant to be studying instead I was worrying, chewing my lip and dreading.
So as I sat there, I curled my legs up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them to keep me in a nice little bundle. My mind just screamed at me five little words.
I don't want to go.
I don't want to go.
I don't want to go.

But I knew that I had to.
"Or maybe I could run away and live in a cave but just be careful not to explode with anger..."
That sounded like a better plan.

The butler gave a small sigh as he finished packing the last of the bags. It seemed that there was more than enough things there. He truly wished that he was there when the two of them went shopping as he could have informed them on what was really necessary to take. Of course he did take some bits out and rearrange things. Yes, horses would be taking the majority of the load and they would supply things like tents and food... It wasn't camping.
"And...we're done," he nodded to himself, looking up to Molly on the other side of the room."
Jeffrey wouldn't allow her to pack any of the bags. He couldn't let a pregnant lady do manual labour. That was just wrong. Plus, no offence to her, he would pack the bags more efficiently. He knew all of the tricks of the trade when it came to packing.
"Are you okay?" he asked softly, running his hand through his hair, "You seem tired."
He was actually concerned for the girl. Yes, she had slept a lot of the day before but last night he constantly heard movement in her -- well, Fergie's -- room. The journey to the kingdom wasn't an easy feat for most people, let alone a young, pregnant tired girl. What was the king thinking, sending her? Yes, he wouldn't know that she was with child but...that was going to have to be raised, being an issue. He just hoped that he wouldn't react badly. Jeffrey knew other elves who worked for the King and...well, just because he seemed jolly to his subjects didn't mean that he was like that to most people.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Molly:
I looked up slowly and gave him a slow, tired smile.
"I'm... okay. I'll be fine. I really wish you'd let me help you pack, I'm not made of glass... but it doesn't matter.. I have to do this... W..Would you go with me? I don't want to go alone. I.. I'm just not that ready to be alone." I replied.
I had on a pair of jeans hiking boots and t-shirt with one of Fergie's button up shirts on top. I needed a bit of him with me.
Yeah.
Needy girlfriend.
I took a breath.
I didn't need him now.
He wasn't here but we were working that out, there really was nothing I could do. I was gonna trek to the king's damn castle then go home. I was gonna be strong and independent. I don't need a man.
I may need a friend though.
I brushed off my shirt and patted at my braided hair. I hoped this was good enough for the king. If I really needed to be all fancy smanchy I could magic myself a dress or something but I didn't care about class right now.
I stretched.
"Anyway, I am still me. I still have a long ways to go until I'll be physically showing so the King doesn't need to know.. that'd just make things worse. I am not incapable. I am able." I said, more to myself then Jefferey.
It was strange to think that I kinda love the man in a uncle sort of way, like the dad I never had.
That was one thing Robin and I always talked about; the lack of a father figure. Sure, hers had come back recently, and he was never dead, only gone, but we empathize. Mine was gone for good, no one really asked about it so I didn't really say anything. Whatever.
I closed my eyes and sent love to Robin, thinking about her and giving her courage. It made me feel stronger.

Johnny:
I watched her for a little longer, one hand rubbing her back. We had been together pretty much every possible time today and after school was no exception, though her anxiety of meeting her father had her a little stressed.
And by a little I mean like she was so stressed that it seemed to condense around her and make like a grey mist.
I really did nothing but offer soothing words now and again through her nervous ramblings and a cuddle when appropriate.
I mainly agreed with her.
I figured troubling her with other things would end badly.
I did have a few problems of my own.
Ever since her father had appeared I had been extra careful with everything I did, when I bought anything I bought it with cash in little obscure stores downtown and attempted to remove my trail. They couldn't find me. Not now.
I reached into my pocket and pulled out the necklace I had made her. This seemed as good as any time.
"Hey.. I.. this is for you.. The charm.. It's my charm, symbolically mine, assigned to me at birth... And.. Uh.. it's also a protection charm.. Yeah." I didn't happen to be particularly eloquent with words that day apparently, grimacing as I choked out the words.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Robin: "Hmm?"
I gave a small murmur as my arms let go of my legs to let me turn to him, to see what he was talking about. Yeah, sure, I was stuck in my thoughts but when he started rambling on about a charm, I had to take my head from out of the clouds. But I peered down from his face to what he was holding out in his hand, I gave a small gasp, one of surprise and slight joy.
It was a necklace, one that had a little symbol delicately hanging at the bottom of a bit of string, his little charm... So that I could have him with me at all times, protecting me and all of that... Or it could have been a possession thing. I didn't care, though. I was all his. Always and in all ways.
Still with those thoughts running through my mind, I didn't really know to say.
"Oh...wow. Johnny... I..." I stammered rather like he did, "Could you...?"
I turned my back to him, though not in an impolite fashion, only so that he could have put it on me. Well, you've seen it in all of the movies when the hero gives the heroine a necklace. It’s a sweet and tender moment, isn't it? It’s a moment where everybody goes 'awww' and takes out the tissues. Maybe it was the greedy attention-seeking girl who was speaking but I kind of wanted that moment.
Yeah, actually, I think it was that part of me speaking.
So as I gathered up what very little hair had grown from when I literally cut it all off into a pixie hairdo – maybe an inch or three, just enough so that I had a little bob – I gave a small smile. I really didn’t deserve him, did I? He was too kind, looking after me all day when he obviously had problems of his own. Well, though he did keep it all from me at first it was only so that I didn’t worry with him too. He did it because he wanted to protect me, not lie to me...though Olly seemed to still be pretty fuming about it all.

(And until I typed his name, I completely forgot about him XD)

Olly: I gave a sigh as I walked from out of the doors to the large patio/terrace area outside, the place where you could see yourself having tea on a delightful sunny afternoon. I was getting a bit hot in that ballroom, the one that was stuffed full of people, all wanting to talk to my new wife and I. Well, that seemed all that we were doing those past few days, staying in the public eye all smiling and happy to show that everything was fine and dandy in the Elven kingdom. And it seemed as though that would be all that we were doing for those next few weeks.
It would have been nice to have a while away from everyone where we couldn’t get interrupted by other people, magical creatures, people with double-barreled or long-missing parents.
“What a nice evening,” I murmured, looking out onto the large amount of land to the rear of the manor, and I’m stuck inside talking to those snooty snobs.
Maybe I shouldn’t have called them “snobs” anymore. Technically I was one of those “snoots” because of the marriage thing. Sure, I wasn’t technically a “prince”, I was still married to a princess.
Those words were hard to swallow even then.
I know that I kept on going on about it in my head, but I still couldn’t believe it. A few months before then I was just staying at home, working a few shifts down at the bar when they needed work and Blake could rope me in as a favour and, as far as I knew, completely human and without any magical abilities like mind-reading. But as I stood there, looking out onto one of the most amazing views which I had ever seen in my life, I was a partially-Dark telepath who was married to one of the most amazing girls who I had ever met.
“Well, Lila is actually a much better view...” I murmured to myself, running my hand through my hair, “No doubt.”

Jeffrey almost began to answer her question when she began to softly speak again. It took him a couple of seconds that those words were to herself and not to him, something which he was pretty glad about seeing as it was a little awkward.
Of course she was still able to do many things, and she probably would be until the last few weeks when she’d have to get Fergie to do it all. But that was never the main problem. It was the fact that later on after she had given birth – that is assuming that everything goes alright – that she would have to look after a baby as well as northern America to make sure that no magical creatures get out of hand. And when you know that one of the most dangerous people both in the magical and non-magical world had arisen and was walking around, that was definitely something to worry about.
But there was something else, something else which he didn’t really want to mention in case it worried poor Miss Molly.
There was the fact that...when Lilith retired that meant that the magic that she was given as Guardian of the North was exchanged to the new guardian. The power was part of the title. But that power it was given to every part of her... Including anything that was inside of her at the time.
In short, though both of its parents were human, their child was going to have magic whether she liked it or not. And also, because the foetus is there, it had probably taken half of the magic which Molly was given meaning that she would, theoretically, only be half as powerful as Lilith would naturally be. But Lilith had trained in magic for years. It didn’t just come to her like that. Sure, some did, but definitely not all of it.
But he wasn’t going to mention that, was he?
“Of course I will accompany you, Miss Molly,” he nodded, almost breaking into a grin, “It would be my pleasure. Meanwhile, I let the Fergie-searching fall onto Master Johnny and Miss Robin. I have organised it so that they can contact me if they find any news... Yes, I already assumed that you were going to ask me to join you. Do excuse my haste.”
He gave a small nod-bow after his little apology. Yes, he assumed. That was against what he usually did but Fergie had gone missing and he was still getting paid regardless to it. As long as his parents didn’t try to visit which wasn’t going to happen seeing as they were both away in Dubai on business involving razors.
Humans were strange creatures.

(I just realised that there was an old English TV show called “Basil Brush” [who is a joke-telling fox] and he called everyone “Miss” or “Master” depending on the gender of the person and one of the girls was called Molly... Oh it’s funny to me Razz)
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Johnny:
I smiled, happy that she was happy.
It made me happy.
In the giant feeling of mooshy ooshy romatic love I slowly clasped the necklace onto her neck and kissed her. Boyfriend level up.
I caressed her cheek gently before checking the clock.
She had to leave soon.
I might as well make her a bit comfortable.
"I'll be with you now as long as you have that... I love you.." I murmured, kissing her neck again.

Lila:
I glanced around the party with a tiny frown, Olly had gone and wandered off again. I smiled politely at another well wisher and bade good tidings to another, my mind slowly decaying at the edges and wishing to be out of the stuffy perfumed air that was the ballroom.
My head grew a little dizzy but the pinching of my facial muscles from my forced smile brought me back.
"So, are you two expecting little ones soon?"
I nearly choked.
"No.. Not yet." Smile. Excuse.
Turn slowly.
Walk.
Walk away quickly.
Outside.
Air.
I braced myself against the rail and panted a bit, gasping in the fresh air. A glance to my left won me a moment of surprised.
Another person being there and confused.
It took another moment to register that it was Olly.
"Oh.. Hey.." I said slowly.
He really was quite handsome in the moonlight, now wasn't he?

Molly:
I nodded in thanks and pulled at Fergie's shirt again, hugging it around me and sighing.
I could do this.
I was strong.
I was stronger than ever.
I was ready fro anything.
Hell yeah I was going to see the king.
Hell yeah I was going to become the mother fricking guardian of the North.
Hell yeah I was going to have a baby.
Nothing was gonna stop me. Not even Robin's dad, especially not him. He was not going to bother me with trivialities nor problems for it was my job to solve them. Fergie may have been gone but I didn't need him to survive, sure I loved him and it was awesome to be with him and he made everything feel a little easier, but I didn't need him to survive. All I needed was my own will.
Yeah.
I was ready.
I glanced around the room with a bright smile on my face, the motivational speech having worked pretty well. Then I was faced with a small dilemma.
Now what?
"Shall we leave? Or.. Were the knight guys.. people escorting us...?" I asked timidly.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Robin: I gave a small contented 'mmm' as he kissed my neck, a small shiver of warmth running down my spine. And as I took a hold of one of his arms to wrap around my waist, I felt my head tilting to the side, just slightly, and I fell back into him more.
It was truly annoying that I had to leave pretty soon after that otherwise I would have given him a little present myself, y'know, for being such an amazing boyfriend.
But then my phone started to sing, reminding me that it was time to peel out of Johnny's safe arms and enter the unknown which was training my powers.
Oh joys, of joys.
But I probably had another minute or two until I had to go.
"I love you too," I murmured, switching the alarm off from my phone and slipping back into my rightful place in his arms.

Olly: I may have jumped when I heard her voice.
I may have let a small 'meep' of fear escape from my lips when I heard her voice.
But then again, I might not have.
Well, she was a quiet walker, light on her feet and all of that.
I just hoped that she didn't hear what I had said just then, but she surely would have immediately commented on it if she did. Maybe I had dodged a bullet then.
"Um, hi," I swallowed, trying to get my thoughts straight again, "Sorry about wandering off, I just needed some...air."
Well, I needed to get out of there and going to my little study room would simply have been rude. Going outside to admire the view was a perfectly good excuse. I just needed to slip away from the questions and the polite chatter about stocks and horses and polo. I wasn't born a noble, I was literally just reading their minds to see what they thought upon the subject and then just saying that. It wasn't difficult.
"But how are you?" I asked her, turning to face my dear wife, "Other than beautiful, that is. We all know about that."
That little line came out quite smoothly, for me at least. I was never going to be the perfect womanizer-charmer, that was never my style. But by the fact that it all came out in one continuous line without stutters or a need to restart the line... I was improving.

Though he didn't want to say it, Jeffrey had this kind of ability where he could just look at a person and tell their thoughts and, ultimately, their desires. No, it wasn't perfect, but it was good enough that he could tell if a person would prefer one lump or two with their tea. But as he watched Molly, those thoughts which were running through her head could have been read by a normal human.
She was going through a lot and she didn't have her best friend there, then suddenly her boyfriend and father of her child had disappeared.
The least that he could do was help her the best way that he knew how: being a faithful butler.
"I do believe that the knights will be escorting us to The Grythin Point, a place which you will need to know well. Its one of the many gateways linking this world to the magical realm. The door over there," he said, pointing to the door with he magical knockers, "That's a gateway between the worlds however it is hardly big enough for a whole escort so... The Grythin Point it is."
That was located rather close to the city. That was why a lot of magical creatures settled there in the city, so that they could make journeys to and from the magical and non-magical realms with relative ease. Jeffrey himself had travelled through that point many times in his many years. He knew exactly where it was.
But as he snapped his fingers, held within his palm was a scroll, the one that Molly had been left with when she was given the message from the King. Clearly stated, it said, that they needed to make it to the point themselves and, from there, they would be given passage through.
That meant that they needed to get a move on.
"We need to be there within the hour, it will take maybe half that to get there bidding traffic is fine throughout the city...however I belief that it would be wise to leave now, Miss Molly...if you're ready, that is."
And with a small nod to her, he had already picked up the bags closest to him with a small grunt. Just another day all that was to him. Fergie had him doing much more challenging things in the past, things which he didn't want to think about.
"Never again," he murmured as a shiver rolled down his spine, "That was not a Drake Egg."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Johnny:
I stroked her hair and gave her a little frown.
"Robin... You have to go.. I don't want you to get into trouble.. Anymore, that is." I murmured.
Though I still kissed her lightly.
I still held her though my words were those of farewell.
I was such a hypocrite.
The fact that my lips were currently dragging themselves across her throat also meant that I was a rather horny bastard as well. I needed to control myself, but then I thought of that night and things became so much harder to control. It was rather difficult.
I slowly pulled myself away, cursing the fact that she was so ravishing.
"I'd advise you to leave right about now or I won't let you leave at all... That'd end badly for the both of us.. in the long run." I added, caressing her face.

Lila:
I smiled at him brightly, what a lady killer her was.
"Oh, you're so smooth...I like that." I joked, fluttering my lashes flirtatiously.
I made my way to him and hugged him, letting out a breath and my stress.
"I'm fine thanks.. though people are starting to ask when our first baby is gonna be born.. I panicked and left. Not unlike you, I guess." I answered honestly.
I was a bit scared.
I wasn't ready for that yet.
I may have said the same thing about getting married but marriage was a very different than having a baby.
I still had the faint dream of running away from this life to be normal. I didn't want my child to grow up like I did, that's one thing I was sure of.
I didn't want a child yet, another thing I was sure of.

Molly:
I nodded and then a grin spread across my face.
"Here, wait... Gimme a sec.." I said, pushing the other bags around Jefferey.
I stood within arms reach and then closed my eyes, the feeling of my magic wanting to be used tickled my finger tips as I muttered a spell.
A transportation spell.
Within moments we were at the point with all of our stuff.
I brushed off my jeans and gave the butler the best 'Look what I did!' smile I could.
Oh yeah.
I was back in business.
No more moping about.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Robin: I didn't feel as though it was right to tell him that if I had received my little gift earlier then I would have had time to give him a little something back. But that little irritating thought was niggling at me as I gave a soft moan to his touch, the words only half registering in my brain.
Why was he saying that yet doing that at the same time? It made no sense.
But as soon as he began to let me slip away, I knew that I had to stand up and disallow myself any sort of the things which I wanted to do to him. There was a time and a place which certainly wasn't then.
"Fine," I sighed, my voice a little weak, my mind drifting away into the clouds from his touch.
He was right, anyway. If I didn't go then we'd never be together. We'd be hacked apart from one another before the word go. I needed to be sensible and push down that feeling of want.
Time and a place.
Yet still, I turned back to him, still reluctant to leave. Yes, I was probably pushing my luck with the whole time thing but I just needed to do something. I took a hold of his hand, unfurling his fingers carefully one by one delicately. At the sight of the palm, I pressed my lips to it and gave it a small kiss, all before wrapping the fingers back up tight again.
"I'll be back in a few hours. I've told my mom that I'm with Molly and won't be back until late, but I'll try to return here... Hold onto the kiss for me, yeah?" I smiled, trying to be sweet and adorable.
Yeah, I thought that I might have wanted to have a chat with him afterwards, just to talk to him about had happened to me. Then again, I might have just wanted a hug or something...but that was before I got that little necklace of his, the one with his charm. I knew that that was going to help me through.
So with another kiss on the back of his hand, I gave a rough sigh and turned towards the door. All of a sudden, all of that doubt and stress returned to me, all of those horrendous worries about what I was about to do overcoming me.
But I needed to go anyway.
With me swallowing down my fears, I turned the handle and stepped through to the field to where that familiar silhouette was standing, though facing away and towards the moon in the corner of the sky.
"I was beginning to think that you weren't coming."
I wished that I wasn't.
So after looking over my shoulder to see Johnny sitting there on his bed, I gave another small nod before closing the door and shutting the portal.
I was then alone, in a field, with my father.
How brilliant.

Olly: Her comment would have been fair if I hadn't begun to blush. It seemed that I was not the Bond-like lady killer like she said, just more of the cheesy romantic guy who got the girl in the movie and stole a few lines from TV shows from over the decades.
Yeah, I was definitely that guy.
"I just usually laugh when I hear them asking. Its all in due time and all of that. It seems that everyone's expecting it right away," I shrugged, running my hand through my hair.
Personally, I was in no rush. I didn't want to go head first into things. I wanted to enjoy what we had and keep it all calm. We didn't have to have a kid right away. Sure, I had always wanted a couple of kids but...I wanted to enjoy being married first. That was my first step.
But it seemed that some people were skipping steps.
Yes, well, Robin and I seemed to share quite a strong link, one that was probably even stronger than the one which I shared with Lila. Usually I could hear a lot of her thoughts, like Molly...
"Personally, I'd rather just wait a while. We're in no panic for it... Well, when I say 'we', I mean 'I'."
But I knew that she wasn't wanting to have a baby at any time close to then. I knew that she was worried about bringing up the child, especially if it grew up in a similar situation to hers. She also still hoped that she could run away... But I doubted that she would. Well, I hoped that she wouldn't. I cared for her. Running away wasn't the answer to things. I knew that well enough watching my little sister.

As a dizzying whoosh of magic overcame the butler, it only took him a few moments to realise what she had done. But of course, by that time, she was already moving about as if nothing had happened, that she didn't just magically transport them to the Grythin Point.
The Grythin Point could be found in the middle of a forest clearing upon a hill, visible from the sky and from miles around, well, if you were a magical creature, that was, otherwise it looked rather like an old curious stone structure. But to those who could see it, the point looked rather more...magical. Constructed as a big arch, the whole thing was covered in vines and other plants, beginning to be engulfed by the earth below it. But one of the most poignant things about the point was that, either side of the ends of the arches, sat statues of two sleeping grythins, one which had legend written about them.
He would have happily explained it to Molly there and then but it seemed as though they would have plenty of time on their journey.
"You're magical abilities are growing," he commented, nodding at her smiling look, "When I try to do that just for myself it takes a lot more power."
But he certainly couldn't have done it for all of the baggage and for both people. Yes, just himself was easy enough. How else did he get to places so quickly? And why does he drive the car when he has to pick up Fergie? If he had enough time to study then he possibly could teleport the two of them to various locations.
But no, he's too busy dealing with all of his problems to focus on extra reading.
Oh, the joys of being a butler to Master Ferguson.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:23 am

Johnny:
(Dumdeedum)

Lila:
I nodded and pushed my way into his arms, wrapping them around me as we looked over the garden, breathing calmly.
"Thanks." I whispered softly.
It was nice.
I didn't need a Timothy pure breed like my mom thought. I needed an Olly, that's what I had and I was pretty happy with it. Pedigree was nothing more than a piece of paper, personality was worth a lot more.
I smiled.
Then purple smoke crept up the garden area.
That was not normal.
I backed away.
"GUARDS!" I screeched, this scared me.

Molly:
I blushed in thanks and looked around the statues, I thought they'd be a little more impressive, but then again, look at me. I was a lot less than expected.
"I got free magic, you've had to grow and form yours.. It's a hardly fair comparison." I murmured, hugging myself gently.
I leaned forward a bit and frowned, weren't the knights supposed to be here? It was the right day right? Were they delayed?
My OCD travel side had kicked in.
I liked to know where I was going and when.
Then I could plan everything else around it.
It made everything orderly.
It wasn't wierd at all.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:57 pm

Robin: (Dodeedo)

Olly: Huh?
A small smile made its way to my lips as she forced her way into my arms. That, I wasn't expecting. Maybe just a small smile, but definitely not a hug.
Maybe if Timothy had one the competition then it would have ended differently. I expected that he was traditional, wanting to have a child, an heir, right away.
Good thing that I was as common as muck.
"Not a problem," I smirked, lightly kissing the top of her head.
So as I peeled my eyes away from her, just for a moment, I gave a small sigh. Yeah, it was a nice evening...
But then she shrieked.
Then I saw what was crawling up the garden.
"Let's get indoors. Now."
I didn't know where that came from., my little bark of an order. A little wash of protectiveness came over me, needing to get her away from whatever was causing that purple smoke. She seemed a little scared, worried, anxious about that was. Well, her little shriek was pretty loud in my ear. But I didn't feel as though it was going to benefit us if we stayed put.
So as I took a hold of her hand, I began to lead her back to the ballroom, the guards beginning to flood out from the crevices of the building, from the nooks and crannies all over the place. But still, the smog continued to creep and spread across the grass, thickening and multiplying.
What the hell was causing that?!

Watching the girl hug herself, the butler gave a small frown to himself. That was why Fergie was needed. The trip wasn't going to be a simple feat. She was going to need a real bit of support to help her, not her boyfriend's butler. Of course, Robin would have been ideal. She loved those sorts of adventures.
"Miss Molly, we're early. Every early, actually," he murmured, looking at his watch, "I organised it so that we would have enough time to drive here. We have maybe another...thirty minutes until the guards arrive. They always turn up on the dot."
So, what were they to do? Just sit around and chat for those minutes? That hardly seemed like his style.
"How are you?" he asked gently, blinking a few times.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Johnny:
(DAHdumDAHdumDAHdeedeeDUM)

Lila:
As he pulled me inside my expensive high heels decided to betray me and get caught in a crack.
That, in turn, caused my weight to go down awkwardly and my body to crash to the tiled ground, still outside.
I'm not gonna lie, it hurt pretty bad.
And I had to focus on not swearing like a sailor when the first wave of pain hit. Pain is kind of shocking. It takes a moment or two for a person to process it but once they do it's like a hot stabbing pain, when you twist your ankle that is. It becomes the once thing you can think of and everything blurs out at that moment.
Then once the initial pain is over you're lying on the ground and moaning.
I looked up, a bit dizzy from my sudden drop to the ground and winced as I tried to move.
Wow.
That was horror movie cliche.
The pretty chick falls right as the antagonist, be it a swarm or birds or a psychopathic killer, is nearing. I almost laughed, but then again it would of come out as a scream.
Another horror movie cliche.
I glanced back at the fog and the guards and how the mist/fog/purple smoke was closing in.
Frankly I was a bit more scared than I would have liked.

Molly:
I tilted my head and my mouth formed an 'Oh' in realization.
Wow.
I was a bit thick.
Now we had to kill a bit of time until they came. Great.
No offense to Jefferey, but he never seemed like the chatty type, but then again, Fergie never gave him a chance to socialize with us. I felt a little curious as more ponderings circled in my head.
"I'm more or less okay, considering my current circumstances... And you? How are you Jefferey? Would you like to rant about Fergie? I dunno... Me and Robin.. That's what we did together when we had to kill time, we'd pick a particular situation and rant our hearts out about it. It's rather calming, I find." I said with what I hoped was a kind smile.
I was more the rantee than that ranter, I was the one who had to dissuade Robin from setting Niki Gerberts hair on fire and from putting up a slideshow of embarrassing photos of Jeff Heron.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next