Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 58 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 58 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Message For You
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

3 posters

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Fergie: I raised a brow to Jeffrey who was looking pretty guilty caught off guard. I loved it when he looked like that but it didn’t happen unfortunately, however as much as I tried to make it occur. He was as cool as a cucumber the majority of the time and pretty much fluster-proof. It was times like then when I wished that I had a camera.
“No, my apologies Miss Molly. I was just surprised that you’re speaking to Master Ferguson after all of that let alone getting into the car with him. You must have a heart of gold,” he tried to grin at her, “And thank you. At least someone else knows that.”
And after shooting me a look which left me pretty confused, he clambered back into the driver’s seat without a word. I just sighed, looking at Molly with a small smile.
“Thanks,” I sarcastically sighed, “Feeding his ego.”

OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production) - Page 12 Empty Re: The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)

Post by bookcrazI Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Molly:
I slid into the car with a little smile.
"I like to think so but I just weigh things and reasons out before making a decision.. plus I have a league of advisers." I chuckled.
I turned to Fergie, who had slid in after me and raised an eyebrow, "Says the man who's ego couldn't fit into a house... Jefferey deserves a little time to shine among the stars. I like to give everyone a time to sparkle."
I laughed to myself, I was being ever so metaphorical and wise now, wasn't I?
I guess you could contribute that to the girl spa days that me and Robin had while reading awful poetry and laughing.
Good times.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Location : Hell... there are so many screaming children here....

Character Sheet
Name: Zem Grayson
Race: Human Kinsmen

http://stuff-fluffcoolcats.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Fergie: Shutting the door for her, I sprinted to the other side to slip in. And with a quick nod to Jeffrey, we were off.
"Exactly. There's not enough room in the apartment for both of our egos. Its better we keep his at a minimum so that we don't cause any disasters," I too chuckled, "And you haven't seen him doing karaoke, have you? He's a surprisingly good vocalist. It could challenge even my angelic tones."
But what did she mean by her advisers? Angie and Robin? You couldn't have gotten either of them to offer me advise for a million dollars. Robin thought that trying to sneak out of an air vent instead of facing a detention was a good idea. Molly even listened to her then. Well, she trusted her...
She didn't trust me. Not any more.
Mentally, I sighed. I didn't need to think about that. It would only depress me.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Molly:
I licked my lips and held back a grimace, I would have to face Lilith again after such a long time. I was a bit scared to be frank, I hadn't been practicing at all, though I did peruse a few books while Robin had to go out and I was left home alone.
I really didn't want to think what would happen if this meeting took a turn for the worse, it made my skin crawl when I did.
What had I gotten myself into?
I had done a warlock agreement.
I should really think things through more.
This wasn't something you could just get out of by crawling through the air ducts nor could you use a trampoline and a pool to get out of it, don't ask, Robin assured me that it would work but it turns out that the pool was a little to the left.
Christian summer camp really wasn't our thing but our moms thought it would be good for us, the big fence surrounding the place was the only problem and... well... we figured that an almost plan was better than staying the last week we had to go.
The police and the paramedics thought it was funny.
"Perhaps we should all just think a little less about ourselves and a little more about the animals in shelters and starving children.. hmmm? Any way I'm not here for a moral debate.. I.. Need your help. Since you're pretty much my little bitch, excuse my french but it's true, I would really appreciate it if you could help me find a dress suitable for a very important wedding."
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Fergie: And though I knew I had gotten myself into it, I knew that I wasn't going to like being called her "bitch". Not at all. I was a man who took orders from no-one!... It lowered my levels of testosterone severely. She might of well have been wanting to get me a pretty little dress...
"Y-yeah, sure," I stammered, looking at her, "Do you want to do that before or after Lilith? I doubt that she'll take long and the shops don't shut for hours anyway... But, its choice."
And to be fair, I knew a little place, a little dress shop. They did some hire stuff and they sold things too but all of the dresses there were for formal occasions. I knew for a fact that my mother didn't like it there because the designs were "too modern" for her taste... That and she probably couldn't fit in the majority of them. It seemed like a nice place.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Molly:
I patted his hand and, as a reward for rolling over, gave him a little kiss on the cheek.
"After.. I'll need the pick me up..." I muttered.
I watched the scenery move along and we were downtown in no time, my chest was beginning to feel constricted and butterflies were roaming.
I took a breath and clenched my hands into fists, I had to stop acting like a frightened little girl, I wasn't one anymore.
I was strong, even Lilith mentioned that a few times, and I was no little girl.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Fergie: I blushed pretty violent when she kissed me. So, I wasn't allowed to hug her earlier yet she could peck me on the cheek?... I wasn't complaining.
But I could see that she was nervous. The heaving breathing, the slight look of terror, the staring into space... I would have touched her hand but it seemed like a step too far, breaking that touch barrier myself. But, when we pulled up and I got out of the car, I dove into my pocket, taking out something which I always carried around with me. And as I opened the door and helped her out, I pressed it into the palm of her hand, a smooth little rock.
"Take this," I murmured, "It's a worry stone. It's not magical or anything but they say that handling it helps calm your nerves. I always keep it in my pocket to fiddle with in class...especially if you were sitting next to me."
Letting out a small titter to my plethora of pathetic words, I looked down to the floor for a moment. But as I looked back up to her, I tried on a smile.
"Jeffrey will be here to take you to the shop. I've got to run and do a thing or two beforehand...unless you want me to come with you but I doubt that you don't. You have a pebble instead..."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Molly:
I took the stone and took a deep breath and offered him a smile. I stood on my feet and pursed my lips, the pebble in my hand.
"Thank you... It means a lot . I'd like you to come with me.. but if you have other things to do then do them, I'm not collaring you by any means." I murmured.
I was not really good at the commanding thing.
I took a deep breath and clutched the stone and let it calm me, I had to face her, there was no other choice.
I started walking away and then glanced back, "Fergie, don't think I hate you or anything... I still love you.. I'm just not.. as sure as before, we're starting again but don't act like I hate you.. it kind of hurts when you do that.."
With a little smile I turned and walked through the alley way feeling much better than before.
I pulled the hem of my shirt down and adjusted my hair, I was going to show her I was better than ever.
I knocked on the front door politely.
"Lilith. I am here."
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:09 am

Fergie: Maybe I shouldn't have lied about having things to do? I just assumed that she wouldn't have wanted me hanging around her heels like a little lost puppy. Anyway, she should have hated me. I shouldn't have been so lucky. Jeffrey was right when he said that she had a heart of gold. She was too perfect for my own good.
"Sorry... I love you too," I sighed, watching as she walked away, "I'll meet you in a bit."
I only moved when she was out of sight, and that was only to look behind me to my butler who was, at that time, taking a bite into a ham and lettuce sandwich happily. I left him there and walked up into town, trying to find something to do. Who knew how long she was going to be? Lilith was as unpredictable as an earthquake. Who knew what was going to happen and when?

The door immediately swung open the sound of the knocking with the old hag standing there, smiling ever so slightly.
"Good girl, you're back! I trust that you're well... Come in, come in. We haven't much time!"
Hurrying Molly in, Lilith retreated back to her counter, ducking underneath it to pull out a large box of trinkets. Slamming it onto the desk, her skeletal fingers traced the engraving on the top of the box, a simple little pattern. Glancing up, her smile didn't dim and she urged the girl closer. She needed to see this.
"As you know all you have to do is complete this job and then you're free. The details are such as follows..."
Sliding the box to the side, she pulled two maps, one of the local area and another of a manor. On the local area map, there was a bright red circle made with marker, showing where this location was. On the other there were an array of notes made including times of when the guards are most active and codes to certain gates and doors, and it was that map which Lilith was pointing to.
"The wedding is to take place outside amongst the trees," she began to say, pointing at the area with the tip of her bony finger, "That means, with the help of an invisibility spell, it will be easy to get into...once you get over the large border walls, that is. Now, the time at which I advise you to do this is prior to the bride's entrance. Obviously, during the ceremony is a no go and afterwards... Well, I doubt that he will hang around and go to the reception, tsk."
Trailing off, she rolled up the map and passed it to her apprentice. She grabbed the large jewellery box once again and unclipped the latch.
"But this is what you have to give him."
Flipping open the lid, it took her a few seconds of rummaging to find what she was looking for. But with a small triumphant "aha!", she placed a small red velvet ring box onto the counter carefully, almost as if a tiny ticking bomb was inside. Her eyes lingered on it for a moment before she glanced back up.
"Don't open it. That would break the agreement...and ruin the surprise," she tittered, "And here's an old photo of the man in question. He answers to the name Lance. All of the details which you will need are on that map including times, locations and numbers. This isn't a difficult task, dear. I've seen you be successful with ones a lot more...tricky."
Pushing the box forward with her finger, she leant on the counter, looking up to the girl. She wasn't lying when she said that is wasn't hard. It was relatively simple... But it was the simplest of things that made had greatest effect.
"Oh! Once you're done come back to me and I'll officially let you go with your mother's memories. All you have to do is unplug the top and they'll fly back to your mother's head. Job's done. Now, any questions?"
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Molly:
I stuffed the picture and box into my pocket and studied Lilith for a moment. I pursed my lips, it seemed too simple. Why was that?
I shook my head at last and sent her a halfhearted wave as I turned and left. I made my way through the alley way feeling oddly disappointed, I had figured there would be more to deal with. Maybe a little scolding or questioning or conversation, but no.
Straight to the point.
Strange, that wasn't Lilith's style, she liked to intrigue and confuse not state outright.
I didn't want to focus on that now anyway, I had more important things to worry about rather than Lilith's choice of forthrighteousness.
I stepped out of the alley way and waved to Jefferey in the car, a smile on my face as I made my way over.
"So, Fergie told me you'd take me dress shopping?"
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Jeffrey looked up from his half-eaten ham sandwich with a small nod, "Apparently he did. Well, as in I'd drive you to the shop."
Putting down his lunch on the passengers seat, he slipped out of the car, dusting the crumbs off of his jacket. He opened the door for her with a small grin, and one that wasn't forced like when he had to do that for Master Ferguson. It was surprisingly genuine, either formed from his little joke or because he wasn't being talked down to for once.
"Ma'am."

Fergie: I didn't know how not to look ridiculous, a handsome young man hanging outside a fancy floral dress shop in the middle of the day. But I was to very quickly lose all of my dignity when the Everwood twins let slip that I was Molly's bitch anyway so I no longer cared. But I could see that the middle aged shopkeeper kept on glancing on me warily as though I was a rough youth. How she could have mistaken me to like that? When I was wearing a sweater vest and slacks? Genuinely and truly?
But as I saw the blacked out car pull up I began to rest easy. Slipping off of the wall, I walked up to the door and opened it, I put on my smooth smile once again.
"That was quick."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Molly:
I laughed as I got out of the car, Jefferey being unexpectedly very funny. I glanced up and saw Fergie and smiled, though a bit confused, having missed what he had said.
"Hmmm? Sorry, I was a bit distracted..." I murmured.
I gave Jefferey a little finger wave before a shut the door and turned my attention completely to Fergie.
I was distracted by the dress shop, it was one of those Robin and I used to dream about getting our prom dresses from as we walked by. My eye brows rose up and I glanced from Fergie to the shop, sure I had worn my share of dresses for 'little miss' contests but they were all handmade by me and my mom.
We did it together as a bonding thing because I saw her rarely because of work, it was a bit rougher when I was little.
I bit my lip, the memory stinging my mind cause I knew she wouldn't remember.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Fergie: As Jeffrey pulled up elsewhere to park, quickly waving back to her, I glanced to Molly. Her eyes were pinned on the shop, probably already eyeing up all of the delicate dresses and designs in the window. I knew that she did those pageants and was a debutante so I expected that all to be old hat to her. I was sure that if my parents had a girl then they would have taken her to that shop. It was one of the best in the business and everyone knew it.
"Don't worry," I chuckled, shaking my head, "I was just stating that you weren't that long... You were five or so minutes. Shall we?"
Walking with her to the door, I took a step inside to hold it open for her and the stench of new fabric and vanilla wafted to my nose. Around me, an array of colours and fabrics and styles and sizes of dresses were displayed from sleek evening gowns to meringue-styled princess puffs. It was pretty much a girl's dream and a man's worst nightmare. It was just fortunate that I was okay with those sorts of things.
"Take your pick. Only one, mind you. They're expensive."
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Molly:
I held back the girlish squeal but I did offer him a bright smile, it was pretty overwhelmingly amazing in there. I pushed him down into one of the seats and winked as I did my first run through, it was just a familiarizing tactic to find where things I thought were okay were and where the bad stuff was and things of the like. The second run through was when I looked at the actual dresses and took a critical to the ones I had eyed before as cute and appropriate, that took all of five minutes.
After narrowing down which I knew would make me look like a pregnant dwarf I picked out about three that I had an idea which would look nice on.
I pulled them into the changing room, where outside Fergie sat, and tried the first one on.
I stepped out and looked into the mirror with a frown, the color seemed to drown me out but the shape was go-
My head swirled with pros and cons with the strapless maroon number until I turned to Fergie.
"Yay or nay and why."
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Fergie: And now I was to give my opinion on them? I thought that I was just for the PIN number...
"Umm... Honestly?"
I didn't really want to say. I was a harsh critic. I almost made a little kid cry when I told him what I truly felt about his macaroni-covered photo frame when I helped out during an after school club thing once... Yeah, I wasn't allowed back.
But still, Molly wouldn't want me lying.
"I don't like the colour on you. It doesn't suit your colouring, your hair especially and it makes your eyes look dull. I could see it on a blonde woman but... But it flaunts your assets nicely, your curves so in that way and I like the strapless... Yeah... I'd probably give it a five."
I really had to hold back saying that it looked like a giant turd, I honestly did. But I wasn't lying. She could have been wearing a bin bag and I would have thought that she looked like a million dollars, as I told her many times before. She didn't even need an expensive dress like the ones we were surrounded by. We could have gone into any department store and picked out one that would have done nicely. How long was she going to wear it for anyway? An hour maximum...
I should have thought about that before I took her to that store.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Molly:
I nodded, "Exactly what I thought, thanks."
I slid back into the changing room and slipped into black number, this one had strapped but it was a bit tight.
I frowned.
I stepped out and pulled at it, my mind making it's observations in the mirror then I turned to Fergie.
"This one?"
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Fergie: Ah, so I did well, did I? That was good. At least I wasn't making her feel terrible about herself. If I said that she looked fat in any of them...
And I was close to saying it then. As soon as she stepped out I had already made up my mind. Why? A multitude of reasons.
"It's nice dress but the shape isn't as flattering as the other one. I mean, it makes you look a little..." I trailed off, unable to think of a nicer adjective than "chubby", "But my main thing is that it's black. To a wedding? When everyone will be wearing bright and pastel clothing? It looks more like something you'd wear to a red carpet event like the Oscar's but for a wedding... Probably a three. No, a two. I don't like that one. And by the looks of your face I'm along supporting your views."
I was starting to get comfortable in that seat. All I was missing was a glass of champagne and I would have been away. Instead, I had orange juice in the glass. Not quite what I was expecting but it was freshly squeezed...
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Molly:
I smoothed the dress over my hips and nodded, the words affirming my thoughts. I Changed into the last one and sighed, this was a hard one to decide on.
I stepped out and turned a few angles, trying to figure out if I liked it or not. It was a bit less formal than the others but still had a nice semi formal feeling, it was spagetti straps so I felt a bit more at ease.
I smoothed out the floral fabric and looked to Fergie with a shrug.
"This?"
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 am

Fergie: I put on my contemplation face for that one. It was definitely my favourite out of all of them. Well, it was the only one which I actually liked.
"Best one so far," I nodded, looking her up and down, "The floral's nice as it suits the season and your age. My mother couldn't wear that for sure... And though it doesn't look the most formal, its probably the most suited. The other ones looked like you were going to prom or a movie premier whereas this one... It's nice. It isn't too far in one direction."
Well, that was my opinion. And even though I could tell that she wasn't that fussed about it, I liked it. I might have even stretched to making it an eight out of ten. The only thing was that the straps made her shoulders look a bit too wide but that was nothing a strategic hair do wouldn't fix.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Molly:
I sighed and went back to the changing room and slipped my clothes back on and came out with the last dress.
"This is it then..." I sighed, I guess I was just a bit disapointed.
I think it was a girl thing, you pick out a whole bunch of clothes and picture how they'd look on you, always better than in reality, and you know they'll probably not work at all but you still search for that perfect "Oh, this is a surprise, it's perfect!'
I dunno, I just hoped for one of those perfect moments.
I pushed it away, I should have just been happy to find this one.
"Thanks for the help." I murmured with a smile.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:14 am

Fergie: She was sighing? She didn't like the dress then... My opinion was wrong. Well, two out of three isn't bad.
"Molly, if you don't love it then you don't have to have it, y'know?" I tried to smile, "There's plenty of other dresses in this shop there's plenty of other stores too. What's your opinion on that dress then? In the end, you're the one wearing it. Yours matters the most."
Taking it out of her hands, I took a few steps back so that she could have a proper look at it. I didn't want her buying something which she didn't like simply because I did. That was pointless. And sure, I was paying for it and I just had a look at the price tag then...
Let's just say that I wouldn't be taking her to the Ritz for lunch anytime soon after.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:51 am

Molly:
I shook my head and gave him a sheepish smile.
"No,no, it's not that. The dress is lovely and it looks nice on, it's perfect for the wedding and the mission. I'm just having a disappointed shopper moment. It doesn't matter." I murmured, ending with a smile.(Time skip now?)

bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:05 am

Yeah, would you like to start it or...?
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:07 am

I have to go to school so it might be easier if you did-- sorry :/
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:44 am

Fergie: "Well, if you're sure..."
I certainly wasn't. I tended to avoid shopping as much as possible and even if I did have to go it was only a short affair. I made sure of that.
So, after the woman butted it and took over with her false sugar-sweet smile, I paid for it with my card. It certainly wasn't the most expensive dress that was in the shop, and for that I was glad. If hundreds of dollars were drained from my account all of a sudden my parents probably would have had a fit. Ah well, it was for a good cause.
"There you go. Enjoy."

-:|-=:):+:(=-|:-

Olly: It was weird to think that I was getting married in an hours time. It really was. And as I stared at the reflection in the mirror I couldn't help but let out a sigh. I was in my tuxedo, red and black, ready to watch Lila walk down the aisle in whatever combination of lace and sequins her mother had decided on. I had probably been ready for hours by then, waiting in that room for the time to come. Sure, I could have gone out and talked to people but... I didn't feel like it. I just wanted to have some time to myself at that point and try and not freak out about it. Well, I didn't have a best man to do that for me.
Ricky, my closest friend, was who I would have chosen for a best man. I didn't even know what was happening with that. Sure, it wasn't what I was expecting but...
But what? My marriage was arranged. I didn't know that then. If I had known then, then...
"Are you okay?"
Looking behind me quickly, I felt my stern expression soften. Robin stood in the doorway, peering in with a small smile on her red lips. I didn't know what she was wearing until then but she looked nice with a polka dot fifties-inspired get up, complete with fascinator.
"Yeah, fine," I sighed, "I'm just trying not to freak out."
"Fair enough," she smirked, walking in a little more, "But you'll be fine. All grooms get like that before they're about to get married..."
"But what about... What about..."
I trailed off. I didn't know what I was worrying about to be honest. It was just a lot happened in such a small space of time. When I look back on everything now it was mostly a blur. I was meant to enjoy all of that but... Somehow I felt a little empty. We hardly went on a date and suddenly we were about to get married? I couldn't believe it. If I had blinked then I would have missed it all.
"Calm down, Olls. Trust me on this one."
Hugging my arm, she rested her head against me as we stared into the mirror, my little sister just day dreaming as my thoughts continued to rage through my mind. And though my face didn't show it too well, I was frightened. Frightened of what would have happened next. Sure, I wasn't sure exactly what it was but somehow, and it felt like it came from a similar source as the whole mind-reading thing, I knew that my wedding wasn't to be the only big event to happen that day.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Lila:
I couldn't breathe.
It was my wedding day.
I was going to get married in T minus twenty minutes.
Air wasn't registering in my lungs and it forced one of the maids to get me a paper bag as I hyperventilated.
After that freak out moment was over I focused on adjusting my dress, over and over, nerves making me OCD. The floor length white dress was strapless and covered in formfitting lace. Accents of crimson were present in the dress as well as the bouquet of red and white roses.
The music had started and my hands shook, did Olly feel the same way?
Did all brides feel like this?
Did only brides in arranged marriages feel like this?
Was that my cue?
I stepped forward and tried to ignore the muttering and cheerful maids as they fluttered around me, their last minute adjustments seemingly fruitless in my state of mind.
I took a deep breath.
This was happening.
I was marrying Olly.
I felt a smile grow on my cheeks.
I may only know so much about him and we've only had a little time together but matters could be worse.
I could have married that dull Tim, but no, I get the dazzling Olly.
I started to walk down the aisle, it didn't seem so long before, my feet matching the music and my face hidden by the veil.
Here we go.
I glanced up to the end, Olly standing there, handsome and shining, twitching a bit, I assumed nerves, and father standing next to him with the law book.
Father was smiling.
Mother was already gushing tears.
I continued my long walk until I reached the altar, I looked up at Olly and offered him a smile.
"You ready?" I whispered as the music decresendoed.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next