Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 100 on Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:33 am
Latest topics
» A Message For You
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I!

4 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 Empty Re: *~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I!

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:10 pm

{You have fun? Smile}

"Do you think it could be the flu?" Mom asks, pressing her cold hand against my rapidly warming forehead. I shrug my limp shoulders. What the hell was I supposed to say? No mom, I'm just feeling sort of lovesick. Maybe we can buy some Ben and Jerry's and watch soap operas together.

"You should lie down- I'll bring up some Tylenol." Nodding gratefully, I meekly walk up to my room and curl up beneath my comforter. There's only a split second of silence when my phone suddenly vibrates.

I swallow, my gut clenching when I see it's Jac.

Meet me at the tree?

Yeah. After mom goes to bed. I reply, snapping my phone shut and shoving it under my pillow when she enters the room.

WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

*~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I! - Page 13 Empty Re: *~Hybrid: The Lost Society~* OneXOne between KenzieJo and I!

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:22 pm

(It was only the best first days of school ever)

I don't move when I first hear my phone, instead laying under the tree. I can feel the wind nip through my thin shirt but I don't pull on my coat or grab my blanket. Instead I let the chill wake me up. I even my breathing as I wait, checking the message but not replying.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:56 pm

{Haha, I'm glad to hear it!}

After she leaves, I pretend to go to sleep. 2 hours later, I hear someone cracking open the door, then shutting it. Must be mom going to bed. Quietly, I slide out of the covers and throw on a pair of jeans, my Mass Art tee, and a faded gray hoodie. Figuring it would be stupid to go out the front door, I crack open the window and sit on the ledge, bracing myself for the jump onto the first branch.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:16 pm

I lean against the tree, my eyes heavy. The long day weight down on my shoulders and cut through the biting cold. I wonder if Charlies even gonna show as I drift on and my mind clouds. My tail habitually curls around me for warmth as I drift off.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:21 pm

I just narrowly reach the branch, curling my fingers around the rough bark. I'd have blisters there tomorrow for sure. Pulling myself up, I slink my torso and shimmy towards the next branch, which was a little farther away. I could risk relying on my wings...if I wanted to become part of the pavement.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:39 pm

I toss in my sleep, dreaming of something I haven't thought of in ages. I'm maybe five, my view of the world enlarged by child wonder. I peek around the corner to see my mom with tears in her eyes. My dad is yelling incoherent words, slurred by alcohol. He grabs her hard enough to bruise and her yells rouse me from sleep. I look wildly around me heart racing. Still no Charlie, Im about ready to go home.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm finally on the last branch, nearly above Jac's head. I linger in that bittersweet position for a moment, watching his face in the peaceful state of sleep.

Then, the branch begins to crack under my weight. Scrambling, I hurtle toward the nearest branch, catching it with one hand with my feet dangling. "Clarke!" I hiss in the night, not wanting to scare him but also needing his help.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:20 pm

My eyes pop open at the familiar voice, scanning until the land in the hanging form. Jumping up I wrap my arms around her legs, setting her down gently on the ground. "What were you doing up there?" I ask, my voice comes out in a hiss, angrier than I intended. I breath deep, calming my gaze.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:29 pm

I wince at the venom in his voice, pulling my knees to my chest as I lean against the trunk of the tree. "I dunno, Jac. Why don't you tell me." I snap, my violet eyes cold as we stare each other down. With my jaw clenching and unclenching, I never waver- it feels like days have passed.

He invited me out here in the first place!
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:44 pm

I sit down across from her, breaking the stare and running a hand through my hair in frustration. "I just want to know what happened today. Because I know what it looked like but not what it was." I know I'm kidding myself, it looked pretty blatent to me, but I held onto my hopes.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:36 pm

I sigh, lying on my back with my chin pointed upward so I could stargaze. "I dunno, Jac. We're not exactly on the best of terms right now." I mumble, avoiding his eyes.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:49 pm

I glance at her. "Really. I never would have thought." I deadpan, frowning. Was a straight answer that hard? I didn't think so. I sigh, thinking that maybe this wasn't worth it.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Suddenly furious at his nonchalant tone, I prop myself up on my elbows and send him a glare with all the venom I could muster.

"You don't know anything." I growl, sitting up fully once again so I could unfurl my wings.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:49 pm

I suppress a silent groan, this was getting nowhere. "Maybe I don't" I tell her sourly, "But how is that my fault." My frustration had gotten to me, not how I was expecting this conversation to go.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:52 pm

"It never was!" I shout, knowing that there were no neighbors until a few blocks over so it was okay. I stand, brushing strands of grass off of my jeans as I prepare to leave. "You made it your business. I would've handled things with Jackson, but you had to get all...jealous." I reply.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:24 pm

"Oh, well Im sorry I don't enjoy being strung along." I snarl, infuriated by her anger. How was I the wrong one? I stand, snatching up my bag. "Sorry I ever gave a shit about you." I tower over her, my eyes dark, "I can see I was wrong." The last park comes out quieter, my voice hoarse, but the same venom is laced in it.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:28 pm

I'm about to make some sort of snarky retort, but no longer find the energy to as I grab a fistful of his shirt and shove him toward me, pressing my mouth on his roughly. I reach up and knot my fingers in his hair, leaning in deeper to intensify the kiss.

Hey, I had to shut him up somehow.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:40 pm

I lean into her, dropping my bag as I wrap my arms lazily around her waist. I kiss her heatedly for a few long moments, enjoying her in my arms. But then I regain my composure, pulling her away gentle. "What the hell." I ask, a little breathless.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:45 pm

I smile a toothy smile, shrugging. "Well Clarke, I had to shut you up somehow. And it worked, didn't it?" I chuckle, grabbing my sweater and pulling it over my head. "I've got to get home. See you tomorrow at school." I latch on to the first branch, using my feet to propel me up to the next one.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:55 pm

I narrow my eyes at her, fighting a fleeting smile. I snatched up my bag again and went to my bike. Tonight had really made no sense, but I didn't care. Something unresolved sat in the pit of my stomach as i hopped on my bike, and glance back up at her in the tree before biking home.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:04 pm

We left on confusing terms- I told him that the kiss was only to shut him and me up, but I can't deny the fact that we both enjoyed it.
I scramble up onto my windowsill and crawl into bed without undressing, exhausted by the day's events. The effects of the Tylenol are just kicking in, causing me to become even drowsier.

I let my heavy eyelids flutter close, the faintest of smiles upon my lips.

For the first time, I dream of Jac.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:11 pm

I come home again to an empty house and my heart drops. I quickly step in, once again searching the house for anyone else, but my first impression was right, I was alone. I sigh and go to the couch, ignoring my room again, as I sleep into a fitful sleep.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm woken by a sensation...a hand on my shoulder, roughly shaking me. No...5 more minutes of sleep...

"Charlie. Wake up." I jump a little at the sight of Mat standing over me, already dressed for school. Wait...already dressed for school?

"Wha timesit?" I mumble incoherently.

"What?"

"What time is it?" I repeat.

"Oh. It's about 10:30."

10:30?! "I've already missed 1st period!" I gasp, flying out of bed and stumbling over to my closet.

"Relax. Mom wanted you to sleep in. She said she'll drive you in when you're ready."

"Oh. Um...okay." I mutter, confused. Why the sudden hospitality?
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:33 pm

I walk slowly to school, groggy still and feeling like I got no sleep. The nagging is still in the back of my mind but I push it aside. I sipped my black tea, silently, knowing I would late but not caring. To be honest I didn't even know what time it was. I could check my phone in my pocket but it seemed too much work this morning for my tired mind.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAllFallDown-* Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:43 pm

I doze off for another hour, dressing slowly as I savor this bittersweet day. Grabbing a to-go cup of hot cocoa, I pull on my plaid pea-coat and white converse sneakers. The ones that Jackson drew the little sharpie heart on...

I push him out of my mind as I slide into the passenger seat of mom's car. When she gets in moments later, she keeps shooting me these weird sympathetic smiles.

"Okay, what the hell is going on here?" I ask as she backs out of the driveway slowly.

"Charlie...there's word that Jackson's back in town..." Mom trails off, sparing me a sideways glance.

"Is that what this is all about?" I sigh. "I know, mom."

"Yes, well...sweetie, I thought you should know that he's back in school."

Oh, crap. I wasn't expecting that one.
WeAllFallDown-*
WeAllFallDown-*

Back to top Go down

Post by KenzieJo Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:56 pm

I get here just in time for lunch, walking into the cafeteria nonchalantly and no one notices. I don't pick up any food, instead go straight to our table, falling in next to mark. "Where've you been?" Ana asks with a glare, I may have left her again first period, and I'm pretty much the only person she knows. "Sorry, just slept in." I tell her and she rolls her eyes but smiles. I lay my head on the table as I listen to them talk, suppressing a yawn.
KenzieJo
KenzieJo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next