Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Message For You
- The Pits -->OPEN EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
- The Pits -->OPEN EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
- The Pits -->OPEN EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
- The Pits -->OPEN EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
- The Pits -->OPEN EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
- The Pits -->OPEN EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
- The Pits -->OPEN EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
- The Pits -->OPEN EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
- The Pits -->OPEN EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

- The Pits -->OPEN

5 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

- The Pits -->OPEN Empty - The Pits -->OPEN

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 pm

This is for the chat
Charries/Plot: https://characterchat.rpg-board.net/t509-the-pits-charries#142660

I'll do the first post once everyone has lined up etc.

Rules:
- Write in third person please. I hate it when people don't do that. Also I find it leads to more one liners.
- Refrain from one liners. Write a few sentences or, if you do do a one liner, make it easy to respond to.
- If your charrie suddenly gets pregnant or is/was abused and will be all 'sorry for me', don't bother coming up the lift.
- Keep it clean. I don't think the charrie's main aim to have sex. A kiss? Alright but no dirty.
- Gore? Keep it at a minimum. Also don't just suddenly injure your charrie so they become all frail; you'll be useless to them and you'll die. Simple.
- I don't want everyone getting into couples. One is fine but more just isn't going to happen. They're in a prison!
- Use proper grammar as much as you can. I don't mind the odd one but if it's continous I will get annoyed (I be a Grammar Nazi) and will either ask you to improve spellings etc., leave. Sorry.

Last edited by OpenTheDoor on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

- The Pits -->OPEN Empty Re: - The Pits -->OPEN

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:43 pm

The little sunlight that breaks through the windows lit up the solid metal room, but still not enough to fully wake you. The clatter of leather boots and complaints fill the air. The gears of the lifts through the heart of the place echo; you’re awake now.

“Get up slackers!”

Your sleepy eyes drift to the door; dark eyes meet yours before disappearing again. Waking up in hell is nothing that you ever want to have happen, yet you seem so close to it.
With what little strength that you have, you pull yourself towards the door, stumbling over old rocks and broken shards of metal and glass. It swung open with a loud creak, echoing through the halls. In front of you stood darkness and metal bars with wires hanging loosely; nothing was safe here.

“Get a move on Sonny!”
You turn to guard kicking over a young boy. Pity somehow fills you, yet you know that he’ll learn about all of this soon enough as you did on when you first came here. With a sigh, you begin the long walk to the central plaza. Sleep-deprived zombies walk along side of you, yet you seem slightly better off; for some reason you’re ever so slightly favoured and it’s all been since that test. No-one knows what happened there, yet everyone who passed seemed to have a little extra everything, well, everything except pain. The electric doors slide open in front of your face, a tall figure with a dark smirk on his face puts a hand onto your shoulder. The hood that he wore covered most of his face; all could be seen was his pointed chin.

“You’re coming with me Sunshine,” they smirk, pulling through the door and sharply to the left.

The sound of cogs and gears whirring fill your ears as you realise what’s happening. The gears meant the lift. The lift meant that you were going somewhere. Suddenly, your lips begin to dry.

“W-where am I—”

Their chuckle fills the steel prison as they look down on you before taking something out of their pocket. A key card?

“Welcome to Level 3. I’m sure that you’ll enjoy your stay.”

Level 3? All that you know that was another step to freedom, and definitely better than the level that you were just on. Everyone knew the higher the number the closer the taste of freedom would be and the sooner you would feel the summer breeze once again.

“Thanks...” you murmur, taking the key, “but why me?”

“You’ll learn soon enough.”

With a nod, he pushes you through the door before it drops again. You stand and stare at the others there. A long rusted table ran through the middle. There some others were sitting around, all from different levels, some further down than others.

“Welcome,” a new voice echoes, “Take a seat and we shall begin.”

With a nod, you do as you were told; that was one thing that you learnt about here: comply or die...or at least starve.

“Now, everyone’s here,” they smiled, “I think you all know what’s happening.”

You slowly shake your head among a few others. Their face rolls up into a smirk. Usually if that would happen then you’d be on the other end of a punishment. This seemed lighter. Already you start to enjoy Level 3.

“Okay, so, you’re here because your tests came out positive, okay? That means that the meteor that struck at the Turn of the Earth has mutated you slightly...”

Mutate? Like on all those movies? Confusion sweeps over you. Why was this?

“Not like aliens mutation, but like...superpowers...well, weapons. Oh, by the way I’m Trebuchet. I’m in charge of all you lot.”

He didn’t seem old enough. He didn’t seem all that older than you. You just think that the beard made him a tad more sophisticated but apart from that nothing.

“Anyway, I think that because you guys are all together for the next while, that you should get to know each other. Enjoy.”

With a nod, he walks out of the room. You start to look around it to see other people clearing their throats. Everyone was taught that you never spoke out of line, so, who was going to speak? It wouldn’t be you, would it?
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Timber's mind was racing, this was hardly possible, yet she knew what the man said was true- at least the part about the mutations. She could still sense the electric words, as if they were lingering in the air.
The girl's eyes probed the faces around her, her face partially hidden by a lock of her dark, curly hair. How would they react to this news?
Ziva :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Griff looked around at the people at the table. He knew it was impossible for everyone to get along.
Then he thought more deeply about what was said, Mutations. What did that mean, besides superpowers, what kind of superpowers. How many did they have, who had what.
He shook his head, and made his mane like hair whisk out of his face.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Jay was the first one to break the silence, "So... This is fun."
"No shit Sherlock."
His eyes turned to a girl on the otherside of the table, her boots resting on the table. She had found a stick that was resting inbetween her lips as she rocked back slightly.
"You're gonna fall off," the boy sang with a smile.
"Doubt that," she smirked, "I'm generally covered... When I behave."
With a sigh, the guy stood up in where the other man was standing. Slowly, he let out a sigh.
"Hi, I'm Jay, codename Coal, and I'm from Level Five," he said, a smile on his face, "Been here for four years."
With a chuckle, the girl slowly clapped her hands, obviously loving the attention, "Well done."
"Whatever, anyway, theh said for us to get to know eachother, that's just what I'm doing, okay?"
"Fine," she snapped, "But they're not listening. You don't have to act like they're here."
"So, really you don't act like that?" Jay smirked, leaning on the table.
"Of course I do! I'm Level Six. I should be higher though but I got pity."
With that, she stood, her eyes following the room before leading back to her fist again. She drew a smile on her face before taking the stick out.
"Name's Naomi but codename's Aeries and I prefer it. Level Six, should be higher and been stuck here since three years pass, almost four. Guards struck me in here the second I turned 16, the bruts."
"Poor you," Jay smirked, "Shut up and take a seat."
With a titter, the girl sat down before retorting back to the way she sat; her boots on the rusty desk.
With a sigh, she leant back ever so slightly before clanging onto the floor.
Jay's laugh filled the whole room before he walked over, standing above her head.
"Oh yeah, and I'm a futures man. So, anyone's intro next?"
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:34 pm

(question, how many levels are there?)
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Ten, the higher the number the bigger the crime so for 500 deaths, you would be a nine or ten, depending on your status before hand. People that have higher statuses or are just more generally liked get put higher up than those below. The worser the crime, the higher the level and the higher the horrors. A person can't be a pansy to be in those levels XD
Alright?
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:58 pm

(got it)

"Griff, code name Lion. Level 10, since I was about sixteen," he said. He knew what he did, but he thought it was just. Though it was still gruesome, five hundred murders was bad even if it was for a just cause.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:03 pm

Aerie's brow rose, "Even Level Ten? Whoa, care to say how you got here, mister?"
She pulled herself up, being careful to not get lock-jaw from the table top.
"People have privacy, Buenos..." Jay murmured, "...so, that's how you got there then?"
"My father if off Spanish decent, deal with it," she sighed, "Anyway, I'm looking for a story."
She leant on the table and fluttered her lids slightly, looking somewhat longingly at him. She was generally quite good at getting what she wanted...most of the time.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:05 pm

"I killed five hundred people," he paused he wanted add a word, but didn't know if he should. But he did, "Mercilessly." It was true, he was in one of his rages, and he just couldn't be stopped. When people did try to stop him, in this particular incident he killed them too.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:17 pm

With a whistle, Aeries grew a smirk. She already liked this guy for all the wrong reasons.
"Good," she smirked, "If we ever need to go in pairs, I know who to call to."
With a wink, she slithered back down in her seat to attempt to behave. Jay's eyes, which were rolling quite badly, still showed a bit of shock: he wasn't to be messed with.
"Anyhoo... On a lighter note, we're gonna get treated better," Jay began before looking to see if the girl would interupt again but he decided that she was too busy smirking, "and we'll have lighter guards."
"They liked me."
"There we go," he murmured, smiling at Aeries' interuption, "How so?"
"If not for Level then it's for who you are," she winked, "Half of the guards here used to work under my uncle. I know a few of them well."
"Okay..." he nodded, "Then how come last week I saw you throated against the wall with a guard holding you up then? Surely a friend wouldn't do that."
"Half isn't all Jay," she sighed, "but it's a long story."
She fell silent as she held the front of her neck, rubbing it slightly with her thumb. Fortunately for her, the high neck of her clothing gave her a cover for it.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Griff watched their conversation. Following it, but only in the slightest. For he had no clue about what was going on. His life in the pits was a bit darker than most. This was the most light he had seen in a while. "Guards are guards." he said. "And punishment is still punishment."
He hid his cringe of the thought of the girl, Naomi being held up against the wall.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:17 pm

"And prison is still prison- no matter what level we are on," Timber said, speaking for the first time, her voice low, and her eyes dangerous, "What do you suppose they want with us? Now that they think we have powers, do you think they'll be nice and leave us alone? Ha! These greedy jailors? They have something planned- be sure of it, and we'll probably not like it at all,"
She fell silent again- that was quite a speech for Timber, especially sense she rarely said anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Jay's eyes looked to the girl mostly, "What's your name then?"
Next thing that was seen was a red laser dot on Timber's forehead. With a beep, Trebuchet looked down to the pen and smirked.
"Ace?" he smirked, "Looks like they've been slightly more kinder with the codenames lately, eh?"
He put the pointer down on the table again, next to a load of documents. He looked to the rest of the group and smiled, "Act like I'm not here, I'm just sorting out things for later, okay?"
With a nod, he took a seat and did as he just said he would.
"That isn't likely to happen," Aeries sighed, talking mostly to herself.
Her hand was still rubbing her neck slightly before she pulled the bandanna away from her neck and pulled out a chain with a locket on the end. Biting her lip, she opened it before slipping it back down her shirt again.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Humiliation of any kind was not fun in Griff's mind. Of course that was just a lesser supposedly more funny version of public torture. He just put his head down. He didn't know what he could add to the conversation.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:48 pm

"Oh yeah!" Trebuchet shouted, looking up from a notepad, "You all are on this level and so gain access to the Caller Ridge. That's something that you should look foward too...and also your cells are a lot nicer, especially compared to the ones on Level Ten."
He pointed towards a pair of double doors to his left loosely with his hand. His eyes remained down on the pad.
"There."
"Caller?" Naomi whispered, "You mean...?"
"A bit of a view? Yeah," he nodded, "I'd enjot that if I were you. Sometimes years underground makes a world of difference."
The girl nodded before launching herself out of her seat through the doors.
"What?" Jay asked, following her with his eyes, a little confused, "You mean that we can see light? Natural light?"
The guard nodded, tittering to himself, "Yeah."
Jay's eyes widened as so did his grin. Standing up quickly, he threw himself through the doors to take a look for himself.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Griff didn't know what to do. He seemed frozen he slowly stood up. It was almost as if this couldn't happen. It had been about five or six years since he saw light. What he got was the read glow, red glow of what could have been taken as emergency lights. Before he knew it and with out realizing it he was at the doors. He seemed to take his time but in reality he was going faster than he could have ever thought. He walked through at what seemed like a very slow pace, he took in everything he saw.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:14 pm

The rising sun christened the horizon. Shattered buildings lay, flat and demolished in nature's wake. Trees overtook the scene, no-one daring to tame it back. The amber of the morn shimmered in the shattered glass, scattered on the broken concrete floor.
Naomi gently put her hand against the thick glass seperating her between freedom and hell. No words passed her lips, instead, a tear slipped down her cheek.
"The Turn of the Earth; it's taking back our planet," she whispered, sniffing at the end, "but nothing's changed."
At the bottom of the scene laid the rest of The Pit, all built into the crater of the old meteor that struck. Opposite stood the mighty tower of The Hills; the safe haven of home. Light smoke came behind it's walls; humans making their signal to the world. A few figures cut through the sky; the first time that any had seen any animal other than insects, rodents and scraps of meat since they came here.
"It's beautiful," Jay sighed, "yet we're not there yet."
His eyes trailed to the tress waving in the wind, inviting the group over. That was one thing that this guy missed: the simple summer breeze. The panel infront of them held no passage to the outside, nothing that they could do.
"Pretty, isn't it?" the guard asked, standing beside Naomi, "My house is over there."
She took no notice of his torture; he could leave here but none of them could. He could see the world everyday and feel the heat of the sun on his skin; the little things that anyone wouldn't apperciate until you've been in their shoes for too long.
"And your cells are down this corridor," he smiled, "Breakfast is in half an hour."
With a nod, he whistled himself away, enjoying every second. In Jay's mind he had no idea what any of them were feeling at all. One thing though was rage.
"They put this here so that we would behave; it's a torture to say that unless we do as we're told then we'll never get out of here. Frigging..."
"I know," Naomi whispered, clenching her hand on the glass.
As her eyes slipped down to the floor, another tear joined her gaze, I know.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Griff put his hand in front of his face as he joined him five years of red flow of emergency light, actual sun light hurt his eyes. Soon his eyes adjusted and he took in a site he hadn't seen in such a long time.
"This.." he had no words. Only that he regretted looking at something he count have. "What kind of food is served?" he was tired of the gruel they called oatmeal that he got three times a day down in level ten.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Timber just sighed. It was beautiful, and she hadn't seen anthing like it in years. "If this is torture, than it's the best sort of torture I've had yet,"
Out here, in the open air she had more hope than evr before. She would survive this terror.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Griff shut his eyes as he knew what this was. "I wish I had never seen it. Not till I was guaranteed my freedom." he turned away from the window.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:49 pm

"Dunno," Jay sighed, "but I feel like going to see. Naomi?"
The girl remained silent, peering out to the view. Her hand remained on the thick glass seperating them.
"Aeries?" he asked again before sighing; it would just be best to leave her there.
Without another word, Jay walked down the corridor to a new room, expecting another amazing view to be there, yet, there was nothing.
The cantine was just the same as every other: wires hanging, shattered trays on the floor and metal rusting; this was meant to be better?
Slowly, he walked over to the queue and picked up a tray. Well, this was better than usual, or so he thought.
Memories of how it were on his level swam back to his mind. When your codename was called you were to go get your food. If you missed your name you went hungry for the rest of the day... At least they had breakfest here.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:51 pm

I gotta go
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:02 pm

(Bye.)

They were served food in there cells with nothing in it. There Roos were banged on and your codename called out if you didn't answer you didn't get the bowl of food that was supposed to last you all day. He went to the cafeteria the low light greeted him, at least it wasn't the red light of his dirt hole in the ground.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:40 pm

soo
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Location : Hell... there are so many screaming children here....

Character Sheet
Name: Zem Grayson
Race: Human Kinsmen

http://stuff-fluffcoolcats.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next