Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Message For You
Charchat history (Most Active topics) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
Charchat history (Most Active topics) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
Charchat history (Most Active topics) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
Charchat history (Most Active topics) EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
Charchat history (Most Active topics) EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
Charchat history (Most Active topics) EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
Charchat history (Most Active topics) EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
Charchat history (Most Active topics) EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
Charchat history (Most Active topics) EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

Charchat history (Most Active topics)

Go down

Charchat history (Most Active topics) Empty Charchat history (Most Active topics)

Post by Freedom_Elite Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:17 am

So, I thought it might be fun to go back, and look at our roots and see which threads were the most successful to exist.  Now doing this was obviously hard to not just say unseen because it is that for me xp.  But beyond that I had to decide what really made them 'successful'.  So here's what I judged on, and feel free to have me add to this list, I tried to be as broad as I could.

To be considered, a story had to be, well active.  Preferably for the entire time of it's existence.
It had to have plenty of replies
It had to exist for a pretty long time
It had to capture many people

Now this is why I immediately wanted to say Unseen.  Being it single-handedly is the oldest continuing topic, and has over 7 threads involving a main story with 4 or 5 threads, and 2 bridges, and 2 versions of each bridge, and the majority of the forum took part in it at one point or another.  I think actually Gifty might be the only exception to this(And leilani but she wasn't really here around that time lol), and of course the main reason I wanted it to win, I made it Razz.

So that's 3 out of the 4 things.  But Unseen wasn't really active throughout it's 3(going on 4) year existence.  To be honest the main thing that keeps it alive and going is the fact that the characters in the story have come to mean a lot to Kaitlin and I.  So it had to be slightly ruled out for that reason.

So I had to broaden my search to others, and this wasn't particularly easy.  To be considered I also made it a requirement that the thread had at least 2 threads, which easily lowered it down to only a select number of stories, and I came to two candidates for this title.

♣️Kuroshitsuji./Black Butler/.♠️ - This one didn't bring in the masses, but it brought in more then a fair share of people.(Roughly 7 or 8, I haven't read through the whole thing), and in it's time of existence, it stayed fairly active, and then basically dropped off the face of the earth.

New World - This is the one I decided to choose as a winner.  The clear-cut reasons are that it managed to bring in enough people, put out 4 threads in a 2 month period, and die out completely, with something that honestly seems well built to be a cliff hanger.

However, I will still give my credit to RP's like House of Night, Unseen, The Fallen, and other RP's that staged a fight against the trials of time.  And the biggest credits go to every RP that has been posted on this forum, because each and every one has shaped it into the forum it is today.  So I hope this mini-rant was enjoyable ^^, I try not to do tooo many of these, but they are definitely fun to write ^^".
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet
Name: Lossidian Maxilus Kiledrian
Race: Drake elf
Level: 1

Back to top Go down