Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 84 on Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:58 am
Latest topics
» A Message For You
Less official announcement EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
Less official announcement EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
Less official announcement EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
Less official announcement EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
Less official announcement EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
Less official announcement EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
Less official announcement EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
Less official announcement EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
Less official announcement EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

Less official announcement

2 posters

Go down

Less official announcement Empty Less official announcement

Post by Freedom_Elite Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Well, over the past week... I've been a tad thinking. I already talked to Kaityy about it, to see if she can help me get ideas, cause she knows everyone better then me :/. But I wanna gather everyones ideas to improve the forum together and help to make the forum more active again.

I know schools on the front of all our minds, but it was back when we were post 100 posts a day, and there was always 20-30 people online a day too. Everything was fun and there was always a newbie for us to bring into the show and join the C.C's that we want to keep going but just couldn't.

I'm sending out what invites I can >.> and Kaityy said she would to, so maybe that will help some, but if you have any suggestions to do more then that (Like add a board, or something along those lines.) send me a message or reply here. I can try to meet your ideas so this can be a really active forum again.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet
Name: Lossidian Maxilus Kiledrian
Race: Drake elf
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

Less official announcement Empty Re: Less official announcement

Post by Admin Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 am

There are tons of boards we could "Affiliate" with. It would add new members. Someone would have to make us a little button. Maybe we could have a graphics contest? A lot of forums have "shops" I can get a list of things that a few sell if anyone would be interested in that. You basically have to save online forum money to buy things to add to your profile or character. There's tons of other things that could make it exciting.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://characterchat.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:34 pm

hmm I'd avoid affiliation if possible. It doesn't do a lot for a Role playing forum, most of the time it'll end up backfiring against us rather then working for us. Reasoning for this is, affiliating with other RP boards would be our best source of members, and those people already have a board to use, so they wouldn't want to have to start all over.
However, if you remember the spam posts when you came back, that was caused by that post swap thing. We were getting hit from boards that already didn't have a control over their posts, and then when 1 ad went up it opened the door for every spammer to come here. Same thing happens with Affiliation.

Shops would be okay if it weren't for the fact everyone here is about 10-18 for an average age xp so they wouldn't have a credit card in the first place.

Stuff like that is more common in forums like mine because it becomes mutually beneficial.

There is one last idea that might work that I've looked into before. Some forums, regular sites, and just random people have like radio stations. Online ones are fairly common now, ever since Mapleradio made it a popular idea. How it'd work with this I wouldn't know, but it is another idea.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Why would you need a credit card when we'd be selling stuff by points? And I would definitely be the first person to tell anyone that if a forum asks for your CC info to report them. Radio? I don't know what you mean. I never listen to radio online except for my local radio stations.

I understand what you mean with the affiliation. I don't really understand why people do that - just that a lot of people do it. Maybe it's because most of them only have one RP per forum, unlike us.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Well affiliations are like I said, more for forums like mine. Religious forums share extremely tight links with their main site affiliations because there's a ton of sites compared to the number of actual forums for their people to talk on. Most writing or RP sites have their own forum combined into it so they don't have any interest in other forums combining with them.

Selling stuff by points? I think I'm a tad confused if you could explain this a little better. But even this forum asks for your CC info, or paypal if you try to make a donation Razz. Though I think you may have that option disabled looking around lol.

As for the radio, it'd be along the same idea of listening to your local radio stations. (I don't even do that sadly enough, Except maybe Rock 101 occasionally and WOKQ when I'm with my fam). Where basically you play music, sometimes do like a little talk segment, etc etc. idk it was just an idea.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Radio sounds cool. Okay with no affs. I don't think we need donations. Wink

For the shops:
On one roleplay site I was on you'd have to give up a number of earned points for something in the shop. If someone wanted a faded name they'd give up 50 or whatever it was.

For RP people could buy a shop of their own and sell character bio's or something. I know I get lazy sometimes when I make a character and I'd probably buy them. Or buy someone to search for the perfect picture of my character, maybe even they draw?

On one RP boards you could buy a rare character race.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Eh if you ever wanted to do something that required money you could just talk to me anyways Razz. I always manage to pull something together lol.

I can show you how to make an online radio if you'd like. I have one of my own I don't really use anymore, it was for my friend's forum.

Forumotion does limit the things we can do with those shops, but it can be an idea that I'll look into for you if you'd like. I can test the stuff on Chitchattalk and work out any glitches there.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Sure, that'd be good - you testing out the shops. Feels like I'm doing a million other things everywhere else. It's nice to have help. Smile

The Radio - Haha, I wouldn't feel comfortable talking on there. I don't have a wide range or musical tastes either. I just stick with Korn, Soad, Offspring, Blink. I listen to other stuff too but that's mostly it.

Would Forumotion even allow a radio? I haven't seen one on this type of board.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:29 pm

You'd have to go to an external site to set it up. Then post a link to the external site. And you don't really have to talk, nor have a big selection of music. You can take suggestions from the people listening and play what they want to hear Very Happy.

And I'm glad I can help, it's been pretty fun actually, and you're really nice so that makes it twice as fun Razz.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Haha, thanks! You're really nice and informative too. Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Lol yay! Very Happy this post stopped being an announcement like 5 posts ago Razz
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content